Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    as for Kustarova/Alexeeva - if the rumours about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are true, it will truly be a disaster for them. first Monko/Khaliavin, now B/S, soon (hopefully) S/Z. at least they still have Yanovskaia/Mozgov (who are turned into Bobrova/Soloviev clones...).
    Kind of like Svinin & Zhuk... K&N split, Rubleva/Shefer retired, Pushgash/Guerreiro went to Linichuk, so now they just have Starygina/Volobiev and Stepanova/Bukin (according to wiki anyway). And frankly I thought they were much better coaches/more creative than Kustarova/Alexeeva.

vCash
    Russian ice dance is looking like the Hunger Games of ice dancing
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Same here. I still have hope for B/S since they were able to pull off that fun Russian sailors OD...
    Yes, they were so fresh then! Like a good risotto, not dry rice to which Hedwig compared them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anya View Post
    The user on the Russian forum, who poster the news about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, has proved to be very unreliable in the past. Hardly any of his 'news' turned out to be true.
    well that could still be true
    everyone doubted B/S leaving Kustarova

I am sure sooner or later S/Z will also leave them

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I <3 Svinin and Zhuk.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I have to say that I hope B/S have some good fortune and improve. I have always enjoyed them, really loved their Sailor OD and their R&J FD so I would like to see them have some more success. They seem like such nice people, too!

As far as I/K...I know she has a lot of fans but honestly when I watched them at WTT, I found myself glued to him, he seems to have a lot of personality on the ice. I like them, too, but I'd rather see B/S as Russian #1 for a while...they deserve it, especially if they can make some improvements.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    This.

But the combination from Zhulin (voidy) an B/S (dry as rice) is weird. I wonder who will prevail.
    Remember Zhulin/PASHA number to Enigma ? Imagine if he gave them something in that style

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Remember Zhulin/PASHA number to Enigma ? Imagine if he gave them something in that style
    The problem is whatever voidy ideas he has, Tarasova can butt in with her opinions and have the Russian fed change it. She did it to DomShabs in 07-08 and R&T in 2010-11.

vCash
    David Wilson will be choreographing programs for Artur Gachinski and Elizaveta Tuktamisheva. Mishin, Artur and Liza will depart to Canada on May 13.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120427/593827670.html

Camerlengo is now in Russia working with Plushenko. But Mishin says that programs were half-ready before Pasquale's arrival, and total time they worked together is only 4 hours (2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today)
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120427/593826912.html

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    But Mishin says that programs were half-ready before Pasquale's arrival, and total time they worked together is only 4 hours (2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today)
    Well that's certainly disappointing.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    David Wilson will be choreographing programs for Artur Gachinski and Elizaveta Tuktamisheva. Mishin, Artur and Liza will depart to Canada on May 13.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120427/593827670.html

Part of me is a wee bit disappointed that Artur's not keeping his programs from this season. I usually despise recycled programs but I really loved his SP and thought the LP could be made into something amazing. But the other part of me is all at the idea of Artur working with David Wilson!

Camerlengo is now in Russia working with Plushenko. But Mishin says that programs were half-ready before Pasquale's arrival, and total time they worked together is only 4 hours (2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today)
    This is probably not as "bad" as it sounds since I imagine a skater of Plushy's level and experience is able to take in and memorise a lot of choreography very quickly.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Hm glad Mishin's skaters are using a new choreographer, but I'm not a fan of David Wilson.

I hope Camerlango at least consulted with Plushenko about music and themes over e-mail or the phone prior to the meeting, otherwise I really don't see the point. I get that Plush would plan his jumps/elements layout beforehand and just have the choreographer add some flourishes, but what he really needs is new ideas so I hope Camerlango provided them.

vCash
    I guess they're trying to package Liza as the next Kim Yuna (with a triple loop)

vCash
    I do not have particularly high hopes for Gachinsky's and Tuktamysheva's programs "by Wilson". Mishin already had an experience of sending Lutai to Dickson and those who had been lucky enough to see run-throughs right after the returned from the States said that the programs looked great. Unfortunately, by the time the season was on the choreography was down to usual "set up - jump - pose - set up - jump" stuff typical for Mishin camp From what I heard Gachinsky collaboration with Lambiel last season went along the same lines.

But I am keeping fingers crossed for better outcome this time around.

vCash
    Wilson's style doesn't seem to suit Gachinski's style at all, I am surprised at this decision.

As for Liza, she needs to find her own style but I don't think she's a balletic pretty princess. I'd rather pick Tom Dickson for her and do something voidy. Wilson is much better with more classical programs.

In other words, expect the usual crap.

I do not have particularly high hopes for Gachinsky's and Tuktamysheva's programs "by Wilson". Mishin already had an experience of sending Lutai to Dickson and those who had been lucky enough to see run-throughs right after the returned from the States said that the programs looked great. Unfortunately, by the time the season was on the choreography was down to usual "set up - jump - pose - set up - jump" stuff typical for Mishin camp From what I heard Gachinsky collaboration with Lambiel last season went along the same lines.

And this is the crux of the issue.

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash

So you mean Mishin changes their choreo? I wonder why

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway View Post
    Maybe he thinks that choreo is not important at all, only jumps and spins are important, but for judges he has a name of Wilson to get higher PCS.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

As for Liza, she needs to find her own style but I don't think she's a balletic pretty princess. I'd rather pick Tom Dickson for her and do something voidy. Wilson is much better with more classical programs.
    This.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    No, he just takes it out. Because it's much easier to jump when you don't waste energy on unimportant transitions?

vCash
    Because according to him the only purpose of choreography is to produce a program which allow a skater to land his/her jumps I do not recall an exact quote, but it went along the lines that a skater should be 'comfortable' with his program and 'comfortable' = 'landing jumps'. Anything that interferes with landing quads is not worth a bother.

The sad thing is that Gachinsky, who has been asked about working with Lambiel on a number of occasions recently, always praised his skills, his ability to use blades and his entire body and so on, and I had a feeling that he is truly interested in developing this kind of skills in himself, but unfortunately I do not see it happening in his current camp

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast