Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1017
    Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    V/T will only be there Saturday and Sunday.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I found their names on ISU JGP
    they will debut in JGP Croatia pairs and represent Russia with teammates Davankova/Deputat
    Great team (D&D are awesome as well). Tarasova/Morozov remind me a bit of Totmianina/Marinin. They have so much potential... basics, extension, expression, musicality, jumps, and big 2twist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    B&S Free dance
    Earned a 92.94
    Thanks. This is the only one that I've watched so far. Can't say that I don't like it, but they really are slow, and, for me, that spoils the impression more that Bobrova's still not ideal posture. As for the music - I like all of it, but I agree that together it's a mix that's voidy at best, strange at worst.

Still, I agree with martyross that the expectations were/are too high. It's impossible to do wonders and correct everything in one season. Besides, most people here seem to not understand that Zhulin is not choreographing everything by himself. He works with other choreographers most of the time - this season he apparently collaborated with Pethukov (who choreographed for Denkova/Staviski and Domnina/Shabalin before they went to Linichuk).
    Last edited by lauravvv; 09-12-2012 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    Bariev's Short program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Tarasova & Morozov LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d9Zg0NWkuA&feature=plcp

I've never seen their skating before, but I just had to post their program because of their names.
    So far I have watched this, M&R and Stolbova-Klimov.

I liked all three. Last year I did not like S&K at all. They look much improved, even though she fell on the sbs jump.

M&R still look shaky, though I love the look. She landed her jump and throw but he had a problem.

Tarasova-Morozov (first I thought- this can't be real ): really liked them, inspite of the problem on on the lift. Russia has much to look forward to in 2018, with T&M and D&D.

In 2014 the only pair with OGM potential is V&T. I hope this does not put undue pressure on them.

I am loving all these YT's from the test skate. I can only watch a few at work (I am on my lunch break right now).

Thanks to all who posted.

vCash
    I see I am in minority here but I absolutely loved the direction Bobrova/Soloviev took with Zhulin. They are slower than before but probably because she is learning to skate with straight back now.

I think the dance is very interesting. It doesn't remind me of last year's Zlobina/Sytnikov dance at all (which I also loved), the only similarity I see is that both are contemporary.
    For me, this is definitely a breath of fresh air out of all other dances done to safe, familiar music with safe, familiar choreography. I am going to enjoy it every time they perform it this year.

vCash
    What about Stepanova/Bukin? Are they there or not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    So far I have watched this, M&R and Stolbova-Klimov.

Tarasova-Morozov (first I thought- this can't be real ): really liked them, inspite of the problem on on the lift. Russia has much to look forward to in 2018, with T&M and D&D.

In 2014 the only pair with OGM potential is V&T. I hope this does not put undue pressure on them.
    I think S/K can medal in OG ( Kavaguti/Smirnov have the Pang/Tong syndrome, they are aging ), they can also pass Bazarova/Larionov
    this season if they really do well, with good programs and already can out-jump Bazarova/Larionov

2018 is a long way, but I hope the younger pairs like Martiusheva/Rogonov, Davankova/Deputat and Tarasova/Morozov will stick around
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 09-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    Are B&L at the test skate?

Is there any news of Lubov Iliushechkina (my favorite pairs skater) with her new French partner? How are they doing? I was so sad when she and Nodari split. They were my favorite young pair. Nice to see some other young pairs. I hope they will develop into something special..Right now it looks like it could be Stolbova-Klimov.

I would still like to see Yuko & Sasha win a world title- may be in 2014 (if the Olympic champions are a no show)?

vCash
    so far the highlights for me are:

*Stolbova/Klimov - whee, what a voidy sp! they have a very attractive choreography, distribute the elements in a less typical way, use interesting music. I absolutely adore the ending. learn that triple twist and conquer the events you enter .
    *Martiusheva/Rogonov - call me an uber . if only their jumps were secure...
    *Makarova - these three minutes may develop nicely into a full-fledged free!
    *Leonova - again, a free with a potential. already much better than Barber mixed with RFAD.
    *Pushkash/Guerreiro - so typically Morozovian, but still very decent.
    *Starygina/Volobuev - effective and energetic. their costumes seem strangely familiar. didn't La Khokh and partner wear it once?

disappointments:
    *R/T - indeed, funeral free again, even one of the lifts is taken from their last year's free dance. very unoriginal choice of music, costumes less than uncreative, generic choreo. boo, black mark of TAT in full force ...
    *B/S - oh dear, these music cuts. Tosca, Marton's screechy violins and The Man with the Harmonica - wtf? I liked their costumes, though. and her hair.
    *Kav/Smir - recycling of the Olympic free. I hate Blue Danube and am not a great fan of using the same music twice (with certain exceptions - K/S's Clair de Lune was charming), so I won't warm to this programme...
    *Biryukova - eh, it's hard to be a fan of a headcase...

vCash
    Scratch that. Lol
    Last edited by Jemestone; 09-12-2012 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    Is there any news of Lubov Iliushechkina (my favorite pairs skater) with her new French partner? How are they doing?
    They're scheduled to compete at the French Masters, Oct. 4-6, pending her release -- see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...02#post3663802

Thanks to everyone posting test skate video links!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-12-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I see I am in minority here but I absolutely loved the direction Bobrova/Soloviev took with Zhulin. They are slower than before but probably because she is learning to skate with straight back now.

I think the dance is very interesting. It doesn't remind me of last year's Zlobina/Sytnikov dance at all (which I also loved), the only similarity I see is that both are contemporary.
    For me, this is definitely a breath of fresh air out of all other dances done to safe, familiar music with safe, familiar choreography. I am going to enjoy it every time they perform it this year.
    Agreed here. They're so much better
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Are B&L at the test skate?
    You can see them this weekend along w/ Plushenko, V/T, Gachinsky, Bush, etc.

Sotnikova skates her short program tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Scratch that. Lol
    It's a Polina..just not the right one.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing Bazarova & Larionov's programs. They're my favorite pairs team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    It's a Polina..just not the right one.
    Yep, yep. I got all excited for nothing. Sure enough, I did a double take when I heard Swan Lake and thought she got taller and everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Bazarova & Larionov's programs. They're my favorite pairs team.
    I like many of their qualities. I hope they can find a choreographer that can bring out their personalities in their performances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    R&T - Why pay to go to Shpilband for the summer if Tarasova will just be allowed to undo it and have them recreate last year's FD? Zoueva must be laughing her ass off (I don't know if Shpilband choreographed this mess or not, but they worked with him, so in some ways it is a reflection on him).

M&K - Love the music, ho hum skating.

P&G - Color me shocked, that was very good! It sounds like Maxime Rodriguez to me, and when it got to the big gulp, I thought it must be Abitbol & Bernadis' Tristan und Isolde, isn't it? Didn't the Spanish dancers do something like that... do they work with Morozov at all?
    I think we were setting too much expectation
    by this I think previews:

* Ilinykh/Katsalapov ( hopefully also be in good form and health *) are on path to become Russian's No. 1
    with Sinitsina/Zhiganshin coming 2nd

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I think we were setting too much expectation
    by this I think previews:

* Ilinykh/Katsalapov ( and in good form and health *) are on path to become Russian's No. 1
    with Sinitsina/Zhiganshin coming 2nd
    I hope so, but I am always scared to put faith in I&K. The door is WIDE OPEN though, that's for sure. You could honestly take any of these teams and put them in any order. Nobody is standing out as the best.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast