Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Julia Lee landed rippon–lutz in the short (3Lz+2T) easily, so she lands it, albeit not consistently yet. Internal sources say she also lands a similar flip with both hands up in training. Her short programm was really a strong perfomance (much better, than LP), however there's no video

vCash
    OMG...

I love Adelina SO much! She is my favorite of all the up-and-coming skaters...but that FS is just a big fat NO. Her SP is good and has potential to be a nice scoring program, especially if she can land that 3-3.

However, that FS is downright terrible. The worse part is the edit of the music in particular, the last minute or so. Rather than find an instrumental of "Burlesque" they decided to focus just on Christina's "scatting" parts (I guess you can call it scatting...). The song is great and would be wonderful to skate to as an exhibition b/c it's a fun song with a lot of energy...but editing it like that is a huge mistake and I really, really, really, really, REALLY hope they reconsider and do something else.

Please Adelina! It's not too late to come up with something else or reconstruct a past program. I want to cheer for you so badly but I cannot, in good conscience, cheer for that program to win a competition. She's such a gorgeous skater...but that program is the biggest disaster I've seen in a long time. Makarova at least had a good concept behind her Marilyn program, even if the execution was terrible. Adelina needs to scrap this FS and start over.

vCash
    ^

well said, I never thought I would say this but that LP has the potential to outscore Makarova's LP as one the biggest disasters of all time, those Christina screams just makes you want to plug any hole so no sound will come out

Adelina if she wants to content for 2014, this will be her make it or break it year needs to get a better LP and for the judges to get better impressions for her from her last seasons this wont help at all, and fire Tarasova or whoever did her LP program, that was an abomination !

If not Im sorry to say this but I will stick with Liza and maybe Julia's programs better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lis View Post
    I don´t agree at all with the complaints over Sotnikovas LP !
    I think it really looks promising and it is also a relief she is not skating to violin music which the ladies tend to do a little too much.In the beginning of the season most programs also tend to look like they lack choreo but wait and see...
    ^This! I really thought it was going to be a horror show but it wasn't.

I don't see getting all upset over a test skate. People complain because the costume looks cheap or it's not grown up enough. They complain when skaters skate to Carmen and then complain when a skater chooses a modern soundtrack. They care too much about test skates that even some skaters don't bother showing up for (or they only do their exhibitions.) I really think we need to wait for the season to start before thinking she needs to scrap it and start over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    ^

well said, I never thought I would say this but that LP has the potential to outscore Makarova's LP as one the biggest disasters of all time, those Christina screams just makes you want to plug any hole so no sound will come out

Adelina if she wants to content for 2014, this will be her make it or break it year needs to get a better LP and for the judges to get better impressions for her from her last seasons this wont help at all, and fire Tarasova or whoever did her LP program, that was an abomination !

If not Im sorry to say this but I will stick with Liza and maybe Julia's programs better
    Makarova always did well in SP's where there were less jumps and she could excel with an excellent program like she had. But as important as the good program was the lack of jumps also helped her. In Free skates her terrible and bad jumping was worse than the program. No flip, no lutz, barely there loops a lot of the time. There was almost nothing of difficulty. If she had lutz, flip, loop and all those she still would have scored much higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Makarova always did well in SP's where there were less jumps and she could excel with an excellent program like she had. But as important as the good program was the lack of jumps also helped her. In Free skates her terrible and bad jumping was worse than the program. No flip, no lutz, barely there loops a lot of the time. There was almost nothing of difficulty. If she had lutz, flip, loop and all those she still would have scored much higher.
    Well, at least we won't have to watch her at Europeans and Worlds this season. (hopefully)

vCash
    Would have to think it would be extremely difficult for Makarova to be at the Worlds right before the Olympics. Were it not for the stellar results from Leonova, Russia would not have earned 3 spots for their incredibly deep and talented ladies team, which now has so many of age.

I sense that expectations for Adelina have settled at a healthy point internationally. Such a talent with a terrific balance of athleticism, yet with powerful artistry. I actually get almost uncomfortable watching some of the hyper-super-eye popping flexibility in some of the girls. All I can think of is the surgery and rehab they are at risk of needing to undergo in the decade which will follow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, at least we won't have to watch her at Europeans and Worlds this season. (hopefully)

but wise said :-)

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    thanks for the interview, nothing escpecially new, but nice insight.

- they were in the us for three months. worked at the broadway with a dance coach, tried some modern stuff, hip hop steps, etc., and had boxing training (seems more like conditional work).

- elen made her school degree, happy about that

- talk about short and free dance. polka was not easy for them, was hard work. free dance: special music written for them, tells story of young couple, ot only love, not only drama, but absolutey her story.
    so let´s see

- talk about change from juniors to seniors. some hints against public and russian fed about pressure for this team.

- finally their attitude towards working for the sport has changed. pushkash/guerrerio are no danger at training, they like to have 'duel', now they realized they don´t skate for themselves but for their country. and thus they get new energy

- ofte russian skaters wouldn´t think of medals, they just think of being the best russian in competition, this attitude should change. they fpund now the right way

- elena dislocated her shoulder, hurts, still not able to skate without pills and painstoppers, but she works (off the ice), as hard as she can, next season determine season.

vCash
    With Sotnikova, Tuk, Leonova and the two Polinas age eligible for Euros and Worlds this season I will be very very very surprised to see Makarova make it to those comps. My bet is she wouldn't be given PCS in the same league at Nationals so as to ensure she doesn't "accidentally" make it (kind of like what happened to Flatt).

With Lipnitskaya and Radionova joining the pack, I would already consider Makarova making top 6 at Nationals a major accomplishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    - elena dislocated her shoulder, hurts, still not able to skate without pills and painstoppers, but she works (off the ice), as hard as she can, next season determine season.
    Noooooooo......

I hope she gets in good shape soon, reminds me of Yuko's
    I think they are feeling the pressure from their Feds with now being considered as Russia's No. 1 after Bobrova/Soloviev got dumped at Worlds. they will have stiff competition with Riazanova/Tkachenko and Sinitsina/Zhiiganshin.
    This 3 will be Russia's Top contenders.

vCash
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/4988.html

And an interview with Morozov:

- He wants I/K to make the GPF and to be fighting for first place at Europeans.
    - Feels they have a much more professional attitude to their training & have grown up a lot over the summer.
    - Takahashi has now joined the group in Novogorsk, Morozov says this is good for motivating the rest of the group.
    - Talks again about Miki, says he refused to take her on again because he didn't see what more he could do with her & didn't want to train someone who could be in direct competition with the Russian women. But he thinks Miki has enough knowlege of the sport now to do well whoever her coach is.

vCash
    So Morozov said he doesn't want to work with Miki anymore cause she might be a direct competitor to the russian ladies but he picks Takahashi who can get in the way of Plushenko in Sochi. Interesting..

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In a different interview, I think he was trying to say that if Plushenko is strong, things will take care of themselves, but if he's not, he won't be a contender anyway this time.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    In a different interview, I think he was trying to say that if Plushenko is strong, things will take care of themselves, but if he's not, he won't be a contender anyway this time.
    Yes. He said Plushenko's only competition was himself. He'd either win or be in 7th-9th place based on how he skated. Although, there are unsaid issues regarding Miki, she would indeed be competition with the Russian ladies, especially one of his own skaters. That being said, I suspect the unsaid issues are the more important in this regard.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    With Sotnikova, Tuk, Leonova and the two Polinas age eligible for Euros and Worlds this season I will be very very very surprised to see Makarova make it to those comps. My bet is she wouldn't be given PCS in the same league at Nationals so as to ensure she doesn't "accidentally" make it (kind of like what happened to Flatt).

With Lipnitskaya and Radionova joining the pack, I would already consider Makarova making top 6 at Nationals a major accomplishment.
    I know, but last year Makarova did not deserve to be 4th at the nationals and she was seriously gifted on PCS. She should have been about 6-7th. If she is gifted again, they can place her anywhere they want to (as long as she helps them at least a little bit). On the other hand, at least they don't have reason this year to give her a Christmas present because they have better choice of skaters who are age eligible.

vCash
    I know, but last year Makarova did not deserve to be 4th at the nationals and she was seriously gifted on PCS. She should have been about 6-7th. If she is gifted again, they can place her anywhere they want to (as long as she helps them at least a little bit). On the other hand, at least they don't have reason this year to give her a Christmas present because they have better choice of skaters who are age eligible.
    she won't
    that's why she has to make the most out of her 2 GP assignments
    she will have stiffer competition at Nationals with Leonova, Tukt, Julia, Sotnikova, The Polinas, Radionova, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 09-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    she won't
    that's why she has to make the most out of her 2 GP assignments
    she will have stiffer competition at Nationals with Leonova, Tukt, Julia, Sotnikova, The Polinas, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich
    The results of Julia, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich won't matter at the nationals, because they can't be send to Europeans and Worlds. It is the results of Leonova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and both Polinas that will matter for selecting who they will send.

vCash
    The results of Julia, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich won't matter at the nationals, because they can't be send to Europeans and Worlds. It is the results of Leonova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and both Polinas that will matter for selecting who they will send.
    *inserts Radionova

what I mean is that, Makarova wont be gifted with PCS because even non eligible seniors like Radionova or Medvedeva can outscore her.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast