Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchik View Post
    Yes.......But My source tells me, Zhulin prepared his group for the arrival of B/S
    Who is your source? And hopefully we'll some improvement in them. Despite the overall sentiment of the board, I really like them and think they have a lot of potential especially if he can highlight their lines.

vCash
    Riazanova-Tkachenko will work with Zoueva-Shpilband

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120424/593415258.html

Riazanova/Tkachenko and Alexei Gorshkov, their coach, are leaving to the U.S. on Thursday (April 26).

Tkachenko: "The main advantage of working in Zoueva/Shpilband group will be the fact that we are going to work with new people, and I'm sure our programs will also be new, unlike anything we have done before. We will also benefit from training with very strong teams, it will be a learning experience for us. (In Odintsovo) we were skating mostly by ourselves."

"We get along very well with our future training mates, mostly with Lithuanians (Isabella Tobias/Deividas Stagniunas), but with the Canadians and the Americans as well. They even offered to stay with them when we come. So I'm sure everything will be positive."

"We were picking the music for the next season's programs, but it was before we knew we were going to the U.S. So we will start from scratch. Marina Zoueva has ideas for the new programs, she even said she had in mind a program specifically for us. We will see what it is."

They will stay in the U.S. until June 10.

"This will be a recognizing visit for us, we will set programs. When we come back to Moscow in June, we will know exactly when we will go to Zoueva/Shpilband next time. It's definitely not a one time thing."
    Last edited by quiqie; 04-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev have switched to Zhulin - Zhulin confirms

http://mn.ru/sports_figure/20120425/316488913.html

On April 24 they said their goodbyes to their previous coaches, the day before that the move was discussed with vice-minister of sports Yuri Nagornykh.

Zhulin says that it was the athletes' decision, they wanted to change something because they have been stalling for a couple of seasons. Their teamwork (B/S and Zhulin) will last until Sochi, maybe beyond. First thing he's going to change - their hairstyles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    First thing he's going to change - their hairstyles.

Hoping B/S achieve the improvements they desire,

Plus good luck to R/T theyre my fav Russian dance team, so hoping they kick some butt

vCash
    I'm afraid their problems are in the TERMINAL stage and can never be fixed
    I will eat dirt if I see an improvement from B/S

another sad note.
    Sinitsina/Zhiganshin will be the new Bobrova/Soloviev
    Kustarova will ruin them

vCash
    Zhulin talks about Bobrova/Soloviev's move (they started working together on April 25):

http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...593548657.html

"They already train in my group, starting today. They thought they need to change their skating style, their appearances. And they decided to come to me".

He also said that preparation to the new season has already begun, but there will be two week break that starts on May 13.

He insists that he won't be paying any less attention to the former Juniour world champions Ksenia Monko/Kirill Khalyavin who also train in his group.

"I will share my time evenly. It's my principle. I never give any special treatment and work the same with everyone".

He said that he invited additional experts who will help him in his work: "(Oleg) Volkov already works in our group, Sergei Petukhov (from Odintsovo) will also work with us. I think also about inviting Maxim Stavisky, maybe not full-time".

vCash
    I love how blunt Russians are. First article talks about how B/S's nickname was mothballs.

vCash
    I'm so happy about this switch, can't wait to see what Zhulin does with them!
    Don't you find it worrying that doctors call treating you their "practice" ?

vCash
    [QUOTE=love_skate2011;3555786]I'm afraid their problems are in the TERMINAL stage and can never be fixed
    I will eat dirt if I see an improvement from B/S

I don't want to give up on them yet .
    Can't wait to see their new hair styles

Quadless
    vCash
    As a B&S fan, I'm thrilled to read this news!
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Really looking forward to next season, big changes for B&S. R&T are dipping their toes in Canton. Sensing it is going to be a crazy season next fall and everyone better be pulling some great FD ideas out of their bag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Really looking forward to next season, big changes for B&S. R&T are dipping their toes in Canton. Sensing it is going to be a crazy season next fall and everyone better be pulling some great FD ideas out of their bag.
    Can't wait for the next season either. I/K might not be a lock for the Russian No.1 status after all. The Russian ice dance should be no less bloodbath than the Russian ladies.

vCash
    I'm just...happy!!!!

vCash
    They all need to be getting level 4's on their spins, step sequences, lifts, twizzles and all the technical things. That is the problem with all the Russian teams and why none has medaled at a world championships since 2009. Levels is the number one issue. Not anything with programs. They all need to start from scratch really with the technical part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice9 View Post
    Can't wait for the next season either. I/K might not be a lock for the Russian No.1 status after all. The Russian ice dance should be no less bloodbath than the Russian ladies.
    That's good. Intense competition means that there should be a lot more improvement than the years when B/S were Russian #1's without any rivals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    They all need to be getting level 4's on their spins, step sequences, lifts, twizzles and all the technical things. That is the problem with all the Russian teams and why none has medaled at a world championships since 2009. Levels is the number one issue. Not anything with programs. They all need to start from scratch really with the technical part.
    Very true. After all, B/S were getting very high Program Components, and with better tech, the judges probably would have given them even higher components to match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Very true. After all, B/S were getting very high Program Components, and with better tech, the judges probably would have given them even higher components to match.
    This is just the major issue. The PCS for B/S was fine and with better programs could be higher but they can't be doing level 2 step sequences. They are not like R/T or I/K who might get a string of level 1's in some competitions but B/S do tend to have problems with tech.

vCash
    This is good news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    This is just the major issue. The PCS for B/S was fine and with better programs could be higher but they can't be doing level 2 step sequences. They are not like R/T or I/K who might get a string of level 1's in some competitions but B/S do tend to have problems with tech.
    Definitely. With Bobrova and Soloviev, they usually are fine with twizzle, spin and lift levels, but footwork and pattern dance levels are what screwed them over. I think they can definitely be top five with higher levels, and hopefully they can get even higher. Ice Dance is amazing at the top of the sport, so it's going to be really hard for them to be medal contenders, but hopefully they continue to improve for Sochi.

On top of the levels, I hope that Zhulin gives them programs that showcase their lines. I felt that this year's free dance had two great lifts that did that, but the program on the whole made them look rushed. If they can simplify and focus on what they do best, I think we'll see a significant increase in program components.

vCash

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast