Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lis View Post
    So they, V/T, choose to still keep their music choses a secret. What does that add?
    Probably nothing, but if it gives them some kind of psychological boost, so be it. He did allude in their latest blog entry that it is cello music by a Japanese musician, and explained the story behind the free program. We'll see how the program itself delivers.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post234016606/

Vaitsekhovskaya's impressions of Zhulin's groups

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post234016606/

Vaitsekhovskaya's impressions of Zhulin's groups
    I'm really interested in reading the translation of this interview. The google version of her comments on Bobrova sound similar to my impressions of Bobrova's strengths.

Kate Bobrov - another story. She - the main, it is - the hostess, she - the amazing talents of motor partner with a fantastic body, able to transfer any moody nuances: I want - a bird fly, I want - Fold the snake, tie a knot. Such gifts - a unique and very rare. Perhaps this is why, incidentally, the most impressive (at least to me) Kate produces ice when wearing ascetic, black, emphasizing the movement of tights, not a dress with twists, loops, and other bells and whistles.
    Bobrova, whatever your opinion of her posture is, hits really beautiful positions and there is a sense of nuance in her body movements. It also seems like Vaitsekhovskaya is saying that the shapes and positions that Bbbrova hits look best in simple black practice costumes I 100% agree. B&S test skates always look better than their competitive stuff because her costuming is simple and sleek and shows off her body line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I'm really interested in reading the translation of this interview. The google version of her comments on Bobrova sound similar to my impressions of Bobrova's strengths.

Bobrova, whatever your opinion of her posture is, hits really beautiful positions and there is a sense of nuance in her body movements. It also seems like Vaitsekhovskaya is saying that the shapes and positions that Bbbrova hits look best in simple black practice costumes I 100% agree. B&S test skates always look better than their competitive stuff because her costuming is simple and sleek and shows off her body line.
    Ekaterina's always had potential to become the most beautiful ice dancer. All the hypes for them are the only ones I hope not to be in vain. But from what we've been hearing this off-season chitchatting, I think Zhulin is really doing his job, really well!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    She did hit lovely positions, but the posture is why she wasn't so lovely moving from place to place.

I hope that Zhulin has helped her fix that.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Vaitsekhovskaya's blog: impression: Ilinyh/Katsalapov
    If anything is unclear please ask and I'll try to answer you can PM me the question and I'll ask Vaitsekhovskaya or contact her directly - she is vellena on FSU. I insist on that because it wouldn't be the first time when people don't entirely understand what is written but take it to other forums/sites and start discussing wrong information there.
    If it wasn't for the three colleagues who called me and asked `is it true Morozov is to kick Ilinyh/Katsalapov is they don't medal' I wouldn't even bother writing that. But they called. So I'll explain:
    There is a world of difference between `fight for' and `win', which, I reckon, should be clear to anyone in the sports. One can fight with 10 equal rivals and become 10th. One can fight for the 10th place and become 10th. Keep in mind, that in the first option there is a chance to fight for a medal, while in the second it was dismissed before the fight had started. This is exactly what Morozov meant: if he gives one of the most promising pairs in the world two great programmes he expects and improvement. I.e. they should be fighting for a bronze together with 3-4 other pairs. Yet if given the same Ilinyh/Katsalapov would only aim for the 5th (what if the other pairs progressed much more and there is no chance) - then yes, indeed there is no point continuing - just a year before the Olympics is not enough to fix things.

Morozov aims for the first option and I have to admit after attending their practice in Novogorsk he has a reason.

Let me put my impressions into words. First Elena have changed so much. A year ago I attended their practices and I couldn't get rid of an impression Elena is doing a favour. To the coach, to the partner, to the viewers... Now I saw her enjoying the skating so much. Her attitude is completely different (and if you recall I was not particularly positive about that pair in Nice)

I liked the music. The SP music was written especially for them, and again, seems the one who composed was enjoying the process. I don't know how to explain it, but take the musicians - it's obvious who sings and enjoys it and who just does his job. So those who were composing the SP music for Ilinyh/Katsalapov were enjoying

The LP is different. It's a story telling music. And the guys enjoy telling that story on the ice.

I liked their relationship on the ice. It's hard, not everything works out, but they keep laughing and motivating each other on the ice.

What I haven't seen is the beginning of the season fight with the elements. You know how it is - sometimes you see a skater doing the steps or spins and you understand that a second ago it was skating, but now it's a death battle. The impression is that Elena and Nikita became much stronger and fitter and are in a good enough shape to skate the whole programme. I haven't seen the whole programme, of course, but the parts they were skating with all the elements seemed so easy, and that with a good speed and amplitude.

They had some troubles with the twizzles - their blades were sharpened yesterday and skating was a bit harder.

To sum it up -I'm impressed. Asked Morozov : `What have you done with them?' and he just laughs.

Let me remind you all the above is just a humble opinion of a person in a vacation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Vaitsekhovskaya's blog: impression: Ilinyh/Katsalapov
    If anything is unclear please ask and I'll try to answer you can PM me the question and I'll ask Vaitsekhovskaya or contact her directly - she is vellena on FSU. I insist on that because it wouldn't be the first time when people don't entirely understand what is written but take it to other forums/sites and start discussing wrong information there.
    If it wasn't for the three colleagues who called me and asked `is it true Morozov is to kick Ilinyh/Katsalapov is they don't medal' I wouldn't even bother writing that. But they called. So I'll explain:
    There is a world of difference between `fight for' and `win', which, I reckon, should be clear to anyone in the sports. One can fight with 10 equal rivals and become 10th. One can fight for the 10th place and become 10th. Keep in mind, that in the first option there is a chance to fight for a medal, while in the second it was dismissed before the fight had started. This is exactly what Morozov meant: if he gives one of the most promising pairs in the world two great programmes he expects and improvement. I.e. they should be fighting for a bronze together with 3-4 other pairs. Yet if given the same Ilinyh/Katsalapov would only aim for the 5th (what if the other pairs progressed much more and there is no chance) - then yes, indeed there is no point continuing - just a year before the Olympics is not enough to fix things.

Morozov aims for the first option and I have to admit after attending their practice in Novogorsk he has a reason.

Let me put my impressions into words. First Elena have changed so much. A year ago I attended their practices and I couldn't get rid of an impression Elena is doing a favour. To the coach, to the partner, to the viewers... Now I saw her enjoying the skating so much. Her attitude is completely different (and if you recall I was not particularly positive about that pair in Nice)

I liked the music. The SP music was written especially for them, and again, seems the one who composed was enjoying the process. I don't know how to explain it, but take the musicians - it's obvious who sings and enjoys it and who just does his job. So those who were composing the SP music for Ilinyh/Katsalapov were enjoying

The LP is different. It's a story telling music. And the guys enjoy telling that story on the ice.

I liked their relationship on the ice. It's hard, not everything works out, but they keep laughing and motivating each other on the ice.

What I haven't seen is the beginning of the season fight with the elements. You know how it is - sometimes you see a skater doing the steps or spins and you understand that a second ago it was skating, but now it's a death battle. The impression is that Elena and Nikita became much stronger and fitter and are in a good enough shape to skate the whole programme. I haven't seen the whole programme, of course, but the parts they were skating with all the elements seemed so easy, and that with a good speed and amplitude.

They had some troubles with the twizzles - their blades were sharpened yesterday and skating was a bit harder.

To sum it up -I'm impressed. Asked Morozov : `What have you done with them?' and he just laughs.

Let me remind you all the above is just a humble opinion of a person in a vacation
    Thanks for translating, TAHbKA

vCash
    Thanks TAHbKA for translating, and Vaitsekhovskaya for doing the interview.

vCash
    let me guess, so they're doing another waltzy FD
    I hope by being more emotional and enjoying the music doesn't mean its the ones sounding like ave maria again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    let me guess, so they're doing another waltzy FD
    I hope by being more emotional and enjoying the music doesn't mean its the ones sounding like ave maria again...
    I don't think they can do Ave Maria. Ice dancers usually don't keep their program for two seasons. Saying that, I liked Ave Maria program. In fact, I liked Pechalat/Bourzat, Weaver/Poje and Ilinyh/Katsalapov's programs more than the programs Virtue/Moir and Davis/White. (I am talking here just about the program, not about skating skills.)

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    [URL="http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post233890117/"]

vCash

I agree with this
    That's why I think that their most successful program was in 2010 to Adagio
    I remember the BBC/British Eurosport commentators loved it as well saying that every position she hit was perfection.

vCash
    I usually don't agree with Vaitsekhovskaya but this time I really do.And I think that B/S's only problem for me is that I don't find Soloviev that good.People talk about posture and costumes,but the only thing that bugs me at times, as much as I like them, is his facial expression(or therefore lack of) and blank arm movement.Or maybe Kustarova went choreographically the absolutely wrong way for them.I think they need programs like Adagio,that are more emotive,I liked their 2008 free dance.It had so much body movement and so many beautiful positions.Of course on the other hand I can't stand Tkatchenko's facial expressions..I would clone Katsalapov and give him to Bobrova( and all the other female ice dancers) but only if he did something with his lifts.

vCash
    Any news on Martyusheva-Rogonov ?
    I really like them !

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I really like them !
    So do I! They're scheduled to compete at the Ondrej Nepela Trophy, Oct. 3-6, 2012, in Bratislava, SVK (ETA: along with Stolbova/Klimov).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I really like them !
    yeah, me too. Prefer them soooo much to Stolbova/Klimov. Hopefully they can keep on improving...last season they really seemed to break through. Fingers crossed
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Thank you for the info!
    I am kind of dreaming they will come to Nebelhorn Trophy.They are substitutes if....

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Not news, but Tukhtamysheva re-tweeted this from Martyusheva:

https://twitter.com/NastyJust_do_it/...277313/photo/1

bingtranslator's version accompanying the photo: "If you can smile all not that bad!!)
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Thank you for the info!
    I am kind of dreaming they will come to Nebelhorn Trophy.They are substitutes if....
    I'd love to but tehy will ahve prove further their consistency
    though only substitutes I doubt any of V/T or B/L will be pulled out barring injury *knock on wood

on another pair, I was underwhelmed by D/D freeskate in Lake Placid,
    they had so any mistakes . pity

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I'd love to but tehy will ahve prove further their consistency
    though only substitutes I doubt any of V/T or B/L will be pulled out barring injury *knock on wood

on another pair, I was underwhelmed by D/D freeskate in Lake Placid,
    they had so any mistakes . pity
    I think the difference was last season they skated as if they had nothing to lose and attacked their programs. They did not do that this weekend, but the season is very early. She does look like she's grown, but that didn't seem to be the problem.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast