Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1017
  1. #661

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

    I hope this is just a minor injury.
    That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.

  2. #662
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.
    I hope not, she still has a month and a couple of weeks before the start of her 1st GP assignment. thought yes I always get scared when I see a "Ligament" sort of injury even if it is called a minor type.

  3. #663

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,399
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    68873
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

    I hope this is just a minor injury.
    Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.

  4. #664
    Quadless
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Celebrating the power of Pooh
    Posts
    15,037
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    43699
    Any news about Makarova?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

  5. #665
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.
    This is from the official website of Fantasy on Ice.
    http://www.fukui-tv.co.jp/event/fantasy_ice/cast.html

  6. #666
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    tat's fur coat
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    488
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    Really!? I just wish her knee will be ok asap
    Last edited by Glacier cat; 08-26-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #667
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
    Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.

  8. #668
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.

  9. #669
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.
    Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.

  10. #670
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.
    I basically agree. This is not a good preview of the Zhulin groups work. Hopefully everything goes up from that.

  11. #671
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    I really like the entrances into the dance spin and the twizzles. She has lovely posture.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  12. #672

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    psfoty's neighbourhood
    Posts
    8,690
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    22404
    not translating everything, just the main points

    Zhulin's interview for Team Russia 2014 - `We were trying to come up with a completely different style for Bobrova/Soloviev'

    Zhulin says all the Russian leading pairs, inc. Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin improved a lot;
    Zhulin choreographed all 4 programmes for those 2 pairs. They used an unusual, yet well known music.
    His pairs were more criticized than praised in the test skates. The juniors dance - blues is a bit boring as it is, and it's hard to make it interesting. Zhulin finds it rather hard working with the juniors because they don't understand the goals and think if they joined Zhulin/Volkov group everything will miraculously work out. They don't realize they have to work hard and he is not too satisfied with his junior pair. They progressed ,but not as much as Zhulin would want them to. He is very satisfied with the seniors: they are open to any suggestion and willing to work hard.
    According to Zhulin he finds the juniors logic buggling: they think the coach needs their work more than they do, that the coaches will do all the work and such difference in approach saddens him
    Bob/Sol's skating was changed a lot. So did their goals and motivation. Zhulin is satisfied with the process.
    They worked a lot on chaging the image, the costumes, the characters etc. They were trying to depict a man and a woman and their relationship on the ice, and not just partners who perform the elements. Zhulin says their image was of the 70-80s and it was important to make them look modern. They did their best, but there was not too much time, so he hopes there are changes and there will be a continuation. Zhulin needs to work for 3 years with the pair till it becomes `his'.
    He expects to be critisized a lot, but then he is used to that, so it's fine.

  13. #673
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,810
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11922
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
    Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.
    Can't watch right now... what is the style/why is it bad?

  14. #674
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Can't watch right now... what is the style/why is it bad?
    The FD is to cats. The costumes are atrocious and make them both look bad. The program itself is really boring with ugly positions in lifts and spins. The music itself is pretty boring as well and they could have come up with much better cuts from cats.

  15. #675

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,681
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16655
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Can't watch right now... what is the style/why is it bad?
    You have to see it, it is not possible to describe THAT. The costumes seems to prevent having any nice lines, the music is sort of....boring... Though they have done surprisingly well, considering what they have to skate to.

    On the other hand, we can hope that he gave his junior pair this because he was keeping 'the proper stuff' for his senior couples.

  16. #676

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,681
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16655
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    not translating everything, just the main points

    Zhulin's interview for Team Russia 2014 - `We were trying to come up with a completely different style for Bobrova/Soloviev'


    They worked a lot on chaging the image, the costumes, the characters etc. They were trying to depict a man and a woman and their relationship on the ice, and not just partners who perform the elements. Zhulin says their image was of the 70-80s and it was important to make them look modern. They did their best, but there was not too much time, so he hopes there are changes and there will be a continuation. Zhulin needs to work for 3 years with the pair till it becomes `his'.
    He expects to be critisized a lot, but then he is used to that, so it's fine.
    It seems to me that he is preparing ground for making excuses if things don't work out well. He says he needs three years...but the Olympics are in 2014!

  17. #677
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    It seems to me that he is preparing ground for making excuses if things don't work out well. He says he needs three years...but the Olympics are in 2014!
    Yes I agree. But I think it's a good plan. It's better than cutting corners to try for Sochi bronze and limiting their growth in the future. After all, he says that they will be peaking in 2015 which is when they'll actually be able to vie for world championships because Tessa and Scott and Davis and White will be retired so it will probably be them, Ilinykh and Katsalapov and Weaver and Poje.

  18. #678
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    the cats costume were hideous indeed, I'd still say their best hope for 2014 is Ilinykh/Katasalapov abeit inconsistent and hopefully the continued improvements of Sinitsina/Zhiganshin plus leaving A/K

  19. #679
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Eh, I'm not going to throw away B&S's chances over a early fall performance by a junior team. And at least there's more choreography in there than a typical Zueva program.

    I *am* worried that Zhulin admits that his skaters were more criticized than praised at the trials and like hanca said, seems to be lowering expectations.

    I thought B&S looked good in that SD run through that was posted a while back, so who knows.

  20. #680
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Eh, I'm not going to throw away B&S's chances over a early fall performance by a junior team. And at least there's more choreography in there than a typical Zueva program.
    well this will be B/S make it or not season or else they will be buried even on their national rankings , I do think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin has the star quality and has the potential and living up to the hype is another thing but I think they can do better than Ilinykh/Katsalapov who are can either be hot/cold.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •