Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

I hope this is just a minor injury.
    That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.
    I hope not, she still has a month and a couple of weeks before the start of her 1st GP assignment. thought yes I always get scared when I see a "Ligament" sort of injury even if it is called a minor type.

vCash
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

I hope this is just a minor injury.
    Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.

Quadless
    vCash
    Any news about Makarova?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.
    This is from the official website of Fantasy on Ice.
    http://www.fukui-tv.co.jp/event/fantasy_ice/cast.html

vCash
    Really!? I just wish her knee will be ok asap
    Last edited by Glacier cat; 08-26-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typo

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
    Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.

vCash
    I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.
    Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.
    I basically agree. This is not a good preview of the Zhulin groups work. Hopefully everything goes up from that.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I really like the entrances into the dance spin and the twizzles. She has lovely posture.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    not translating everything, just the main points

Zhulin's interview for Team Russia 2014 - `We were trying to come up with a completely different style for Bobrova/Soloviev'

Zhulin says all the Russian leading pairs, inc. Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin improved a lot;
    Zhulin choreographed all 4 programmes for those 2 pairs. They used an unusual, yet well known music.
    His pairs were more criticized than praised in the test skates. The juniors dance - blues is a bit boring as it is, and it's hard to make it interesting. Zhulin finds it rather hard working with the juniors because they don't understand the goals and think if they joined Zhulin/Volkov group everything will miraculously work out. They don't realize they have to work hard and he is not too satisfied with his junior pair. They progressed ,but not as much as Zhulin would want them to. He is very satisfied with the seniors: they are open to any suggestion and willing to work hard.
    According to Zhulin he finds the juniors logic buggling: they think the coach needs their work more than they do, that the coaches will do all the work and such difference in approach saddens him
    Bob/Sol's skating was changed a lot. So did their goals and motivation. Zhulin is satisfied with the process.
    They worked a lot on chaging the image, the costumes, the characters etc. They were trying to depict a man and a woman and their relationship on the ice, and not just partners who perform the elements. Zhulin says their image was of the 70-80s and it was important to make them look modern. They did their best, but there was not too much time, so he hopes there are changes and there will be a continuation. Zhulin needs to work for 3 years with the pair till it becomes `his'.
    He expects to be critisized a lot, but then he is used to that, so it's fine.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
    Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.
    Can't watch right now... what is the style/why is it bad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The FD is to cats. The costumes are atrocious and make them both look bad. The program itself is really boring with ugly positions in lifts and spins. The music itself is pretty boring as well and they could have come up with much better cuts from cats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    You have to see it, it is not possible to describe THAT. The costumes seems to prevent having any nice lines, the music is sort of....boring... Though they have done surprisingly well, considering what they have to skate to.

On the other hand, we can hope that he gave his junior pair this because he was keeping 'the proper stuff' for his senior couples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    not translating everything, just the main points

Zhulin's interview for Team Russia 2014 - `We were trying to come up with a completely different style for Bobrova/Soloviev'

They worked a lot on chaging the image, the costumes, the characters etc. They were trying to depict a man and a woman and their relationship on the ice, and not just partners who perform the elements. Zhulin says their image was of the 70-80s and it was important to make them look modern. They did their best, but there was not too much time, so he hopes there are changes and there will be a continuation. Zhulin needs to work for 3 years with the pair till it becomes `his'.
    He expects to be critisized a lot, but then he is used to that, so it's fine.
    It seems to me that he is preparing ground for making excuses if things don't work out well. He says he needs three years...but the Olympics are in 2014!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    It seems to me that he is preparing ground for making excuses if things don't work out well. He says he needs three years...but the Olympics are in 2014!
    Yes I agree. But I think it's a good plan. It's better than cutting corners to try for Sochi bronze and limiting their growth in the future. After all, he says that they will be peaking in 2015 which is when they'll actually be able to vie for world championships because Tessa and Scott and Davis and White will be retired so it will probably be them, Ilinykh and Katsalapov and Weaver and Poje.

vCash
    the cats costume were hideous indeed, I'd still say their best hope for 2014 is Ilinykh/Katasalapov abeit inconsistent and hopefully the continued improvements of Sinitsina/Zhiganshin plus leaving A/K

vCash
    Eh, I'm not going to throw away B&S's chances over a early fall performance by a junior team. And at least there's more choreography in there than a typical Zueva program.

I *am* worried that Zhulin admits that his skaters were more criticized than praised at the trials and like hanca said, seems to be lowering expectations.

I thought B&S looked good in that SD run through that was posted a while back, so who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Eh, I'm not going to throw away B&S's chances over a early fall performance by a junior team. And at least there's more choreography in there than a typical Zueva program.
    well this will be B/S make it or not season or else they will be buried even on their national rankings , I do think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin has the star quality and has the potential and living up to the hype is another thing but I think they can do better than Ilinykh/Katsalapov who are can either be hot/cold.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast