Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1017
  1. #641

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,958
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7796
    According to an interview with FSFR president Alexander Gorshkov, the tentative schedule for the open test skates in September in Moscow and suburbs is September 12, 13, 15 and 16. So four dates in four different ice rinks, and skaters can choose. Not everyone will be present at all four dates.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120817/611128976.html

  2. #642
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    ^Closed sessions are this week, open sessions are mid September. Girls short programs are tomorrow. Supposedly minor injuries to Liza T. (heel, she's not there) and Julia L. (tendon, she's there). Julia has new triple triple for the short program (lutz+toe) and so does Polina S. (lutz+loop).

    Nothing posted yet on the other disciplines. Source fsonline
    I hope to see that, she was underrotating that she did that at 12 years old I recalled.

  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Julia's jumps today in the SP: 3Lz, 3F, 2A (it was planned like this for today, since she has a small injury)
    Polina Shelepen jumped 3Lz+3T, 3F fall, 2A
    No information about others.
    Alena Leonova and Anna Shershak didn't skate today.
    Tomorrow is the LP.

  4. #644
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Thank you for the report. Love that Julia does "only" triple lutz and flip due to injury.... scary to think about her when she's 100%

  5. #645

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,544
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    Any news on the lovely Polina K?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  6. #646

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91441
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrm7778 View Post
    Julia's jumps today in the SP: 3Lz, 3F, 2A (it was planned like this for today, since she has a small injury)
    Polina Shelepen jumped 3Lz+3T, 3F fall, 2A
    No information about others.
    Alena Leonova and Anna Shershak didn't skate today.
    Tomorrow is the LP.
    Which one was done in combination? 3L or 3f? was it a 3-2t combination or a 3-2R?

  7. #647
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,177
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    I think trkm7778 meant that there was no combination, planned to work around her injury.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  8. #648
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, there was no combination, planned to work around her inury. The combination planned later for the season is 3Lz+3T. After the test skates Julia would prefer to have a little rest (2–3 days) to speed up the recovery and not to participate in open skates (unless the federation would insist that she does so). She doesn't want to speed up things at the beginning of the season: she prefers to calmly pace her preparation for her first GP (source: her sprashivai.ru)
    BTW the choreographer of her programms this season is her coach – Eteri Tutberidze and NOT Morozov.

  9. #649
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    Age
    30
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    More from yesterday:

    Sotnikova: did everything well except a triple-single combo (no idea what the combo was), impressed everyone still.
    Menshov: 4t-3t and 3A, cleanly done.

    Info on Polina K. didn't seem too positive but it is still early in the season.

  10. #650
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,212
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    42549
    I really hope Sotnikova is over her senior debut nerves and skates up to her talent this season. I'm looking forward to the Russian ladies and pairs this season.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  11. #651
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    Age
    30
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^Yeah, I think she was also correcting her lutz technique which looked better during The Ice show she did in Japan recently.

  12. #652

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,659
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16524
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post

    Info on Polina K. didn't seem too positive but it is still early in the season.
    How bad was it?

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What is the music Sotnikova skated to?

  14. #654
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have a feeling Tukt will be the one to struggle this season and she also filled out a bit, I hope Sotnikova comes back strong this Season after a Hit/Miss last season

  15. #655

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,958
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7796
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrm7778 View Post
    After the test skates Julia would prefer to have a little rest (2–3 days) to speed up the recovery and not to participate in open skates (unless the federation would insist that she does so). She doesn't want to speed up things at the beginning of the season: she prefers to calmly pace her preparation for her first GP (source: her sprashivai.ru)
    BTW the choreographer of her programms this season is her coach – Eteri Tutberidze and NOT Morozov.
    The "open test skates" will take place in about three weeks. Hopefully she will be fully recovered by then and appear.
    When I visited Julia's training group in May Eteri Tutberidze told me that Julia didn't like Nikolai Morozov's choice for the short program and therefore she made a new one to Julia's chosen music ("Sabre Dance").

  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    The "open test skates" will take place in about three weeks. Hopefully she will be fully recovered by then and appear.
    When I visited Julia's training group in May Eteri Tutberidze told me that Julia didn't like Nikolai Morozov's choice for the short program and therefore she made a new one to Julia's chosen music ("Sabre Dance").
    at least the kid is smart at an early age she saw how horrible most of Morozov's programs/choreographies are..

  17. #657
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,507
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    at least the kid is smart at an early age she saw how horrible most of Morozov's programs/choreographies are..
    Good for her for standing up for herself and not just skating to his crap if she didn't like it.

  18. #658
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    LP from yesterday: Sotnikova did a 3Lz+3T, Shelepen did 3Lz+3Lo (but not everything was clean afterwards in Polina's case). Julia skated without combos (planned so), but had to skate last, because she forgot the music CD and needed to search for it everywhere From today Julia has the promised rest until Monday completely without training to help the micro-injury heal well.
    As for Biryukova and Korobeynikova – reports say they were both quite nervous.

  19. #659

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    269
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Supposedly minor injuries to Liza T. (heel, she's not there) .
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

    I hope this is just a minor injury.

  20. #660
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
    The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

    I hope this is just a minor injury.
    Liza's first competition in GP is Skate Canada right :
    I hope she still has plenty of time to heal fully and refine her skating by the the coming month
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 08-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •