Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lol I just heard Artur Gachinski's free dance music on the radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Maybe this is a good change for her. She has the jumps. She lacks in other areas. If she goes to the coach who was responsible for helping Occharova achieve her awesome voidyness and for Deeva's fantastic extension, then she might be just in the right hands.
    Actually Deeva skates in Sokolovskaya's group only for 2-3 years and she already had the extension and skating skills when she came to her. And Deeva's previous coach is... Eteri Tutberidze Sokolovskaya's girls usually show personality on ice and impress with their skating in the early age (Biktagirova, Ovcharova), but burn out pretty fast because of the injuries, puberty, etc. Maybe it's not a bad option for Polina because she will be 17 soon and still has her jumps, but moving to CSKA is not always a good idea if you look at skaters like Grigoriev.

Her former coach might be good for jumps but when I look at Julia's tone deafness and her complete inability to interpret a music I think that Polina's lack of polish and ompf might partly result from bad coaching
    I don't know what you mean with "bad coaching". Tutberidze is one of the best novice and junior coaches in Russia. Julia, for example, came to her with doubles and 2A and got all of her triples in a year. Yes, Tutberidze's skaters don't have success in seniors yet, but she is a young coach and Shelepen is actually one of her first students, so... And I think she pays a lot of attention of her skater's weaknesses and works on it, Polina's and Julia's skating skills improved a lot last season.

vCash
    I am not very familiar with Tut eridze. I only know her two students Julia and Polina who both have IMO huge problems with the presentation (although Julia gets the marks but I found her presentation so far horrific and always off beat). therefore I assumed that the coach is not good in the presentation area. that is a bold assumption I know but as I only know her from her students

vCash
    Maybe this is a good change for her. She has the jumps. She lacks in other areas. If she goes to the coach who was responsible for helping Occharova achieve her awesome voidyness and for Deeva's fantastic extension, then she might be just in the right hands.

Her former coach might be good for jumps but when I look at Julia's tone deafness and her complete inability to interpret a music I think that Polina's lack of polish and ompf might partly result from bad coaching
    Hmmm good points.

I hope that it works out this way for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    I don't know what you mean with "bad coaching". Tutberidze is one of the best novice and junior coaches in Russia. Julia, for example, came to her with doubles and 2A and got all of her triples in a year. Yes, Tutberidze's skaters don't have success in seniors yet, but she is a young coach and Shelepen is actually one of her first students, so... And I think she pays a lot of attention of her skater's weaknesses and works on it, Polina's and Julia's skating skills improved a lot last season.
    All of Tutberidze skaters that I've seen so far have been totally deaf to the music, though. :/
    Last edited by Ziggy; 07-09-2012 at 10:59 PM.

vCash
    I heard from one of the skaters from CSKA, that Shelepen went to Vodorezova

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marii View Post
    I heard from one of the skaters from CSKA, that Shelepen went to Vodorezova
    I think thats a better news for Shelepen
    hopefully that means Tagaeva or Tarasova will choreograph her new programs
    who was Shelepen's previous choreographer ? I know Julia is choreographed by Morozov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I think thats a better news for Shelepen
    hopefully that means Tagaeva or Tarasova will choreograph her new programs
    who was Shelepen's previous choreographer ? I know Julia is choreographed by Morozov
    I think I heard last year's Polina's programs also were made by Morozov.

vCash
    Any news about Polina K?

vCash
    According to ISU's profile page, Alex Zheleznikov and Igor Lutikov are listed as Polina S's choreographers. Previous or current, that I'm not sure.

vCash
    According to this page (FSKATE.RU),
    http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/76.html

Alex Zheleznikov and Igor Lutikov are listed as "Former Choreographers." Eteri Tutberidze is also named as "Former Coach."
    But the name of her new coach is not in the list.

Wikipedia says Elena Vodorezova is her new coach.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polina_Shelepen

vCash
    Any news about Iluschetchkina? Will she pursue the French guy, or will she give up on that if the Russian skating association won't release her?

vCash
    ^^ I've been wondering about her, too. A sad situation but it seemed extremely unlikely that things would go her way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    All of Tutberidze skaters that I've seen so far have been totally deaf to the music, though. :/
    Have you seen this 12 year old skater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWriP...ure=plpp_video

Do you think she is totally deaf to the music?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Have you seen this 12 year old skater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWriP...ure=plpp_video

Do you think she is totally deaf to the music?
    well. like Lipnitskaya she skates totally off beat and does not listen to the music. but she is 12 years old so that could also be competition novelty.
    and she is a lovely skater all in all. if she gets more choreo training that could easily be redemmifined.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s31Vv2vkA38

OMG Bobrova's back is straight!!!!!
    Zhulin is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s31Vv2vkA38

OMG Bobrova's back is straight!!!!!
    Zhulin is
    I guess this is the summer camp they were planning to attend in Latvia. Ekaterina's back is straight up alright but it's too short to really "see" it. IMO their good future is in PC with enough room to breath through to the top since Sochi is real soon.

Upcoming rivalry with improving I/K would be a treat for Russian dance fans of course provided that Morozov doesn't let I/K showcase cheesy and empty programs

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev have very strong basic skating and are capable of delivering stunning step sequences. If Zhulin succeeds at packaging them properly (something Kustarova & Alexeeva totally failed at), they will be a force to be reckoned with in Sochi.

vCash
    Everything non step just needs to be level 4 and step must at the very least be 3. So far whatever the basic skating skills has not been transfered to high levels with steps. Maybe it was lack of good coaching or just lack of talent on their part to convert good basic skills to high technical levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Everything non step just needs to be level 4 and step must at the very least be 3. So far whatever the basic skating skills has not been transfered to high levels with steps. Maybe it was lack of good coaching or just lack of talent on their part to convert good basic skills to high technical levels.
    I agree with this
    I also think that the packaging matters for Program Components since they already get huge PCS for what they're doing, good choreography and transitions should help them challenge the top skaters for podium places.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SD_Scores.pdf
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FD_Scores.pdf

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast