Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Every team except the top three have to face a top three couple, and it could have been worse: they could be competing against V/M instead of P/B. They might have fared better against C/L, who were almost ten points ahead of them at Nice, but that was Before Zhulin, but the only other option in 4-6 was I/K, and the Russian Fed clearly didn't want their top two teams at Rostelecom Cup when both have a shot at GPF.

I'm not sure why: they could easily be in the middle of that field. They were going to have to compete against a Top 3 team, a 4-6 team, a 7-9 team, etc., no matter where they skate, and they get a home berth.

Thank you so much for whole translations, sbanet. I thought she was coaching kids in Hungary, but obviously not.
    They can definitely beat Capellini and Lanotte if they don't **** up. They were doing it consistently until worlds where they fell, and that was with terrible programs and level 2's.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So my question is, if Plushenko did not submit his name, is he eligible to be selected by other federations as an alternate once other skaters withdraw, or is that door closed now?
    The wording in the GP press release doesn't guarantee any spots except for 1-12 at prior Worlds and JGPF/JW medalists, so it is possible that Plushenko wasn't guaranteed one, and although his name was submitted, the Russian Fed made it clear that he was not to be selected by any other Fed.

However, if it's typical lack of clarity by the ISU, and last year's rules apply, it's not clear. Samuelson/Gilles teamed up after the initial GP deadline last year, and they were given CoC off the alternates list, so they would have had to have been submitted past the initial GP selection deadline, and it's possible that entries can be fluid, although the initial selection criteria might applicable only to the initial selection, i.e., if Plushenko is allowed to be added, he'd still be under come-back skaters on the alternates list, but then be next in line for an alternates spot, not automatically at the top of the list. (There's a dearth of Russian Men at other events, as opposed to three Russian Ladies at RUS, FRA, NHK, and two at SA, so the only chance of Russian Men maxxing out is at RUS.)

I don't see anywhere where it's published that there is a different rule for adding skaters to the alternates list, becoming a "come-back" skater after the initial selection, or host picks vs. skaters who qualified for a spot, but whose names weren't submitted.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    They can definitely beat Capellini and Lanotte if they don't **** up. They were doing it consistently until worlds where they fell, and that was with terrible programs and level 2's.
    Although I'm sure the Russian Fed will be hedging its bets and politiking hard for both B/S and I/K leading to Sochi, I wouldn't be certain that B/S are a lock to beat C/L anymore. It took a while for Italy #1 bump to happen, but B/S were also behind I/K at Worlds and might be seen as Russia #2 going into this season, especially since Zhulin seems to have weaker politik than Morozov, or at least less of the Federation's confidence.

C/L were on a roll last season, even if I find her skating over-rated, and feel that she is still significantly behind him, as I felt about Natalie Pechalat until the end of last season, and they are Italy #1. I think the next two SD's are much more up their alley than B/S, at least artistically. They had wonderfully appealing programs last year, and he is a . Sure B/S have a great upside, but I think C/L have the attention of the judges.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Although I'm sure the Russian Fed will be hedging its bets and politiking hard for both B/S and I/K leading to Sochi, I wouldn't be certain that B/S are a lock to beat C/L anymore. It took a while for Italy #1 bump to happen, but B/S were also behind I/K at Worlds and might be seen as Russia #2 going into this season, especially since Zhulin seems to have weaker politik than Morozov, or at least less of the Federation's confidence.

C/L were on a roll last season, even if I find her skating over-rated, and feel that she is still significantly behind him, as I felt about Natalie Pechalat until the end of last season, and they are Italy #1. I think the next two SD's are much more up their alley than B/S, at least artistically. They had wonderfully appealing programs last year, and he is a . Sure B/S have a great upside, but I think C/L have the attention of the judges.
    I still think that Russian number 2 will have more power than Italian number 1. Between the two programs, Bobrova and Soloviev were less than .25 behind C/L in PCS. I think that Zhulin has more Politick power than Kustarova did, and IF he makes the changes that he promises that he will make, I think BS will come out on top.

As for the two short dance themes, the fact that they aren't dances you'd think of BS as doing well in may be good as it will force them to stay away from the old fashioned style. That said, I don't think that either dance really suits CL either.

vCash
    Do you remember the show in Shenyang?

the official site posted official video from the show(they use 3 camera to record it):
    Yagudin-Sway:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAwNDEwODg4.html
    sneak piece:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAxMDI5ODEy.html

and here are some news video and fan videos:
    http://video.baidu.com/v?word=%B1%F9...0&s=0&fbl=1024
    if not useable,put "冰梦奇缘" on the search block then search.

according to the reports,Yagudin was very happy when he's in Shenyang.and in the evening they went to the sidewalk snack booth and have a good time.he even try to barbecue and clean the car LOL
    http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/8d21954fjw1dt0nfl2uacj.jpg
    Last edited by luCN; 05-24-2012 at 04:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    Do you remember the show in Shenyang?

the official site posted official video from the show(they use 3 camera to record it):
    Yagudin-Sway:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAwNDEwODg4.html
    sneak piece:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAxMDI5ODEy.html

and here are some news video and fan videos:
    http://video.baidu.com/v?ct=30198988...;缘#pn=0

according to the reports,Yagudin was very happy when he's in Shenyang.and in the evening they went to the sidewalk snack booth and have a good time.he even try to barbecue and clean the car LOL
    http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/8d21954fjw1dt0nfl2uacj.jpg
    Yags still has it. Love him!

vCash
    http://nvspb.ru/stories/prishlos-nap...-konsulu-48387

I don't actually speak Russian so I hope that Google Translate is incorrect. It says that one of Tuktamisheva's programs is called Love Story. I don't think that music would be well suited for her.

vCash
    Interesting that in the article it's said that Stolbova & Klimov will challenge Kavaguti & Smirnov, during the grand prix series, to surpass them in the rankings. Sorry but I don't see that coming soon.

vCash

I don't actually speak Russian so I hope that Google Translate is incorrect. It says that one of Tuktamisheva's programs is called Love Story. I don't think that music would be well suited for her.
    The program is named "Love Story", but it doesn't necessary mean that they use the music from the movie. Mishin says that the program is about a girl growing up and discovering love. That doesn't sound like they would use the music from "Love Story", but who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Interesting that in the article it's said that Stolbova & Klimov will challenge Kavaguti & Smirnov, during the grand prix series, to surpass them in the rankings. Sorry but I don't see that coming soon.
    Stolbova-Klimov were lucky last season to get the Euro bronze, in K&S's absence. They are nowhere close to a healthy Kavaguti-Smirnov, or even Bazarova-Larianov, the current #3 Russian pair. Although I don't like S&K, they could challenge B&L for the #3 spot if S&K skate clean, and B&L make mistakes. The COP does not care for lines and posture, which will work well for S&K, but still not enough to challenge K&S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Stolbova-Klimov were lucky last season to get the Euro bronze, in K&S's absence. They are nowhere close to a healthy Kavaguti-Smirnov, or even Bazarova-Larianov, the current #3 Russian pair. Although I don't like S&K, they could challenge B&L for the #3 spot if S&K skate clean, and B&L make mistakes. The COP does not care for lines and posture, which will work well for S&K, but still not enough to challenge K&S.
    I wouldn't be so sure. As you said, at the moment they would be nowhere near to HEALTHY K&S. The thing is, K&S may not be healthy. They are getting older, she had the long term shoulder injury, he had the appendix done, it seems to me that they have been injured quite frequently in the last few years. And although appendix is just a one off (and not skating related), the high level of injuries /operations etc might be a sign that their body may not be willing to take it for much longer. If their bodies are not fully cooperating, Stolbova- Klimov would have a chance, if they land all their jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Mind you, could they mean in ISU world ranking? If you think about it, Stolbova-Klimov have bronze from Europeans. Kavaguti& Smirnov have missed Europeans and have probably no points for Worlds because they placed quite low. So Stolbova-Klimov may have earned more point within the last season than Kavaguti& Smirnov.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    K/S were 5th in this season's ranking (1686), vs. S/K's 10th (1185). S/K got 42 more points from Euros (638) than S/K did at Euros (680), but K/S got significantly more points from GP. K/S have more points from two seasons ago than S/K, increasing the difference for cumulative WS at the beginning of this season (K/S-7th [2579] vs. S/K-11th [1904]).

It would take a injury withdrawal from GP or a lot of points earned from two Senior B's for S/K to surpass K/S before Europeans, especially since they are direct competition for each other in two events (CHN, FRA) and neither has a weaker field than the other.

vCash

It means that the theme of the program is Love Story, not that that is the music. Last year Artur's long program was called The Demon and that was Interview with a Vampire.

I like the idea of the young girl growing up and discovering love. Liza is at just the right age for it and it will be wonderful to see how she plays it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. As you said, at the moment they would be nowhere near to HEALTHY K&S. The thing is, K&S may not be healthy. They are getting older, she had the long term shoulder injury, he had the appendix done, it seems to me that they have been injured quite frequently in the last few years. And although appendix is just a one off (and not skating related), the high level of injuries /operations etc might be a sign that their body may not be willing to take it for much longer. If their bodies are not fully cooperating, Stolbova- Klimov would have a chance, if they land all their jumps.
    No team is guaranteed to be healthy; even Stolbova and Klimov. Kavaguti and Smirnov did a great job in the GP series last year and the appendix was just a fluke that could happen to any athlete including Klimov. Kavaguti's surgery on her shoulder was two years ago after the Olympics. I doubt S/K could beat them even if K/S are injured. If S/H couldn't, S/K won't. K/S were a little over 7 points away from a medal at worlds even with the bad fall in the short and a missed lift in the free, that's saying something about the rest of their skating.

K/S were 5th in this season's ranking (1686), vs. S/K's 10th (1185). S/K got 42 more points from Euros (638) than S/K did at Euros (680), but K/S got significantly more points from GP. K/S have more points from two seasons ago than S/K, increasing the difference for cumulative WS at the beginning of this season (K/S-7th [2579] vs. S/K-11th [1904]).

It would take a injury withdrawal from GP or a lot of points earned from two Senior B's for S/K to surpass K/S before Europeans, especially since they are direct competition for each other in two events (CHN, FRA) and neither has a weaker field than the other.
    K/S also lost a lot of points from 2010 and they didn’t compete as much in 2011. They only need 371 points to be in third place in the WR or 84 to be in 4th. If Moskvina sends them to one or two Senior B's (let's see if she is smart enough to do it) they will make up plenty of points even if they don't win first or second if they go.

vCash
    I wanted Martiusheva/Rogonov to be Rus no.4 over Stolbova/Klimov
    but that's not happening anytime soon

they didn't even get a GP assignment, so they'll keep getting B competitions to get more points, any chances for them getting a host pick entry ?

vCash
    It's too bad M&R didn't get a GP assignment. They really have to work on their consistency and prove to their fed that they can be relied upon. They had one good competition last year and that is just not enough. They are beautiful to watch, and hopefully by 2018 they could be contenders, but I am not sure they have the mental toughness for it.

I am still heartbroken over my favorite pair I&M breaking up. My next favorite young pair is D&D but they are only going to compete in the juniors next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It's too bad M&R didn't get a GP assignment. They really have to work on their consistency and prove to their fed that they can be relied upon. They had one good competition last year and that is just not enough. They are beautiful to watch, and hopefully by 2018 they could be contenders, but I am not sure they have the mental toughness for it.

I am still heartbroken over my favorite pair I&M breaking up. My next favorite young pair is D&D but they are only going to compete in the juniors next season.
    but what I don't get is how their Fed is hesitant with giving them
    another GP. sure they bombed at their GP in 2009 but how come
    the likes of G/E keep getting GP events over M/R ?

this pair haven't done any better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post

G&E have been disappointing. I think they are given more opportunities because of Moskvina's track record of success. However, she may not be able to make G&E one of the top pairs; they have already spent a couple years with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post

Because G/E are ranked 15 in the world and have a SB unlike M/R, G/E got it on the basis of their ranking rather than Russian Fed giving them the GP. M/R is ranked 50 in the world, so M/R would not have GP events outside of host picks. As for M/R not getting opportunities, that is the best joke of the day. She has fallen so many time in the last 2 year on SBS jumps i felt sorry for him, and on top of that there were rumours of splitting at least 3 or 4 times. She herself has stated that Russian Fed believes in her (this was during a test skate earlier this year, where they got caught in the traffic and not surprisingly she bombed). I think M/R are Russian Fed's pet project. Russian nationals are the 1st competition in years where they have shown signs of their potential, which they showed us as a junior team. They will have to prove that they are competition ready before they will get the one TBA spot at Russian GP, otherwise that can go to G/E or even D/D if they want.

I think Russian fed is being smart in not giving them the GP so early before seeing their programs.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast