Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    ? Do you mean Skate Canada in the last sentence, because B&S are already going to Skate America, where it will be easy to finish third, but hard to earn 2nd or 1st. And TEB has the same lineup at the top as Skate Canada.

Skate America - D&W, W&P, B&S
    Skate Canada-V&M, C&L, and Gilles & Poirier, R&T-it's a shallow field
    Cup of China-P&B, W&P, B&S
    Cup of Russia-V&M, I&K, S&S
    TEB-P&B, C&L, Gilles & Poirier, R&T again
    NHK-D&W, I&K, S&S
    It is pretty lopsided... looks like C&L will be in GPF unless they screw up bigtime. Interestingly though, if R&T do improve with Shpilband, I can see them getting two silvers and making GPF, but I&K and B&S getting two bronzes and not making it... would be interesting to see whom the Russian fed would back in that case.

One thing that makes this lineup really boring is that if you remove P&B, V&M, and D&W, you have the same dance teams competing in two events.... I'd rather they mixed it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    It is pretty lopsided... looks like C&L will be in GPF unless they screw up bigtime. Interestingly though, if R&T do improve with Shpilband, I can see them getting two silvers and making GPF, but I&K and B&S getting two bronzes and not making it... would be interesting to see whom the Russian fed would back in that case.

One thing that makes this lineup really boring is that if you remove P&B, V&M, and D&W, you have the same dance teams competing in two events.... I'd rather they mixed it up.
    Aren't capellini and lanotte moving to zueva as well?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I had not heard that.

vCash
    I think Skate America and Cup of China are the hardest for the top 3.I wouldn't put Davis/White in the mix in SA,but in China I wouldn't count out a big battle between P/B,W/P,B/S.B/S won the SD at Euros even if they didn't have a top notch program.(I actually think her fall at Worlds will prove to be rather benieficiary long term) W/P train alongside P/B,came close enough and I'm sure they're hungry.
    Of course all the B/S haters would love them to finish behind S/Z but I don't think they made the move to Zhulin in order to fight internally but rather finally reach the top 3 at Worlds.But again,if Kustarova is really powerful and vendictive who knows.Anyway,I have a good feeling about B/S and Zhulin especially in the psychological department.
    For R/T,if things don't get better as far speed is concerned,and some other details,I wouldn't rule out their losing against G/P.And yes it feels so strange that G/P isn't about Grishuk/Platov.
    Generally,I think that we have to see the programs to understand the season't dynamics...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    I think Skate America and Cup of China are the hardest for the top 3.I wouldn't put Davis/White in the mix in SA,but in China I wouldn't count out a big battle between P/B,W/P,B/S.B/S won the SD at Euros even if they didn't have a top notch program.(I actually think her fall at Worlds will prove to be rather benieficiary long term) W/P train alongside P/B,came close enough and I'm sure they're hungry.
    Of course all the B/S haters would love them to finish behind S/Z but I don't think they made the move to Zhulin in order to fight internally but rather finally reach the top 3 at Worlds.But again,if Kustarova is really powerful and vendictive who knows.Anyway,I have a good feeling about B/S and Zhulin especially in the psychological department.
    For R/T,if things don't get better as far speed is concerned,and some other details,I wouldn't rule out their losing against G/P.And yes it feels so strange that G/P isn't about Grishuk/Platov.
    Generally,I think that we have to see the programs to understand the season't dynamics...
    I don't think Kustarova is very powerful politically. Otherwise Bobrova and Soloviev would have gotten level 4's instead of level 2's. Anyway, Sinitsina and Zhiganshin moved as well if I remember correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I had not heard that.
    I remember after worlds Capellini saying that she wanted to work with Zueva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    I
    pushkash / guerreiro?

vCash
    .Gilles.Poirier. Oh Canada.

vCash
    Ooops!

vCash
    I agree R/T have the luckiest draw of all the Russian Ice Dancers
    If they do improve under Zueva with their levels. and taking 2 silver
    they might get their ticket to their first GPF

vCash
    They told me at World Team Trophy that they're going to Canton for summer training. But apparently it is not going to be a permanent move.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm kind of worried about Bobrova and Soloviev during the gp season. They face off against weaver poje both times while facing off against Davis and white at skate America and Pechalat Bourzat and Sinitsina Zhiganshin at cup of china.
    Every team except the top three have to face a top three couple, and it could have been worse: they could be competing against V/M instead of P/B. They might have fared better against C/L, who were almost ten points ahead of them at Nice, but that was Before Zhulin, but the only other option in 4-6 was I/K, and the Russian Fed clearly didn't want their top two teams at Rostelecom Cup when both have a shot at GPF.

Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Bad luck draw for Sinitsina/Zhiganhsin
    I hope I don't jinx it
    I'm not sure why: they could easily be in the middle of that field. They were going to have to compete against a Top 3 team, a 4-6 team, a 7-9 team, etc., no matter where they skate, and they get a home berth.

Quote Originally Posted by sbanet View Post
    At that time, Nóra was still in Moscow, working at the same skating/snow-sports complex where Maks has been coaching kids. The salary potential/opportunities are better in Moscow, however, she would consider returning to Hungary if there is a good situation for her there.
    Thank you so much for whole translations, sbanet. I thought she was coaching kids in Hungary, but obviously not.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Is anyone else having a at the fact that they've thrown Artur in at the deep end by putting him up against Chan in BOTH his events? Coz I sure am.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Is anyone else having a at the fact that they've thrown Artur in at the deep end by putting him up against Chan in BOTH his events? Coz I sure am.
    He had to compete against either Chan, Takahashi, or Hanyu at each. I don't think he'd do better against Takahashi, and I'm not sure it's in his best interest being compared to Hanyu, especially early in the season.

Rostelecom has the potentially deepest field, because in addition to a 1-3 skater, it's already got Brezina, Oda, Kozuka, Weir and Ten, and may have Plushenko by the Fall.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    does it matter though ?
    its not like he would have podium anyway
    you're talking about a fluke world/european medalist here and never medaling at any other competitions even at his junior career !

Plushy is still russian men's main hope.

vCash
    you're talking about a fluke world/european medalist here and never medaling at any other competitions even at his junior career !
    He won bronze at Junior Worlds in 2010 and 4 JGP medals, actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbanet View Post
    From a couple of articles in the Hungarian sports press about this during mid March, don't have time to translate at the moment, so here's a short news synopsis from those:
    Thank you for the articles and summaries!!!

Having read this article (via Google translation), I thought they might come back to the competitions.
    but after that, the news that Nora & Maxim officially ended their partnerships had appeared. I did not know that

I really loved this couple, so it is very sad. I hope Nora can find a good partner...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

Rostelecom has the potentially deepest field, because in addition to a 1-3 skater, it's already got Brezina, Oda, Kozuka, Weir and Ten, and may have Plushenko by the Fall.
    I have a question about Plushenko. My understanding was that by having a top 3 (?) season's best score from Euros, he was guaranteed one GP. He didn't get any in the initial selection, so I assume that he did not submit his name for ISU consideration. Russia can still pick him as a host pick for their GP which is probably why they left in a TBA. So my question is, if Plushenko did not submit his name, is he eligible to be selected by other federations as an alternate once other skaters withdraw, or is that door closed now?

I really wanted him to do GPF, lol....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    He had to compete against either Chan, Takahashi, or Hanyu at each. I don't think he'd do better against Takahashi, and I'm not sure it's in his best interest being compared to Hanyu, especially early in the season.
    The difference is Chanflation. When Takahashi and Hanyu fall their marks are affected appropriately. He may not "do better" against them, but things would be a lot more even than if he was up against Chan...

...although watching the politics with Chan at CoR is going to be funny.

does it matter though ?
    its not like he would have podium anyway

Plushy is still russian men's main hope.
    I am going to assume that Artur has rejected your romantic overtures at some point. It seems the only logical explanation for your completely irrational hatred of an 18-year-old, talented skater.

Your hatred is so irrational that you can't even get the facts right.

He in fact has 3 Junior Grand Prix medals, and a bronze at the Junior World Championships. He also won the Coupe de Nice that season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AKISIN View Post
    Thank you for the articles and summaries!!!

Having read this article (via Google translation), I thought they might come back to the competitions.
    but after that, the news that Nora & Maxim officially ended their partnerships had appeared. I did not know that

I really loved this couple, so it is very sad. I hope Nora can find a good partner...
    IMO that Hungarian "Sport Geza" article on Hoffmann+Zavozin is a bit weird and perhaps a little dodgy regarding the pair's quotes, so I wouldn't take everything from there as "100% official". (Thus my hesitation to directly translate it... ) However, it does appear that if Nora is willing/able to compete again, it would be with a new partner. Hopefully it will work out for her.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast