Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Soloviev may be young but he has been married years now and has a family. It's not you are dealing with the usual singles. I personally do not want to read so much focus on their clothes! It is the first thing that all the people see but ...seriously!! It's not their biggest problem.
    Maybe not the biggest, but if her posture has improved so that she's now the second coming of John Curry, you would never know it in those heavy, voluminous monstrosities -- second only to Kharis Ralph's Cinderella dress -- she used to wear.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Looking for my siggy!!!
    vCash
    Any sign of Gorshkova & Butikov ? or have they retired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Was the pairs test skate today (Sunday)? I hope Martiusheva-Rogonov do better this year.
    Its done with the test skates
    on Russian forum they say Kavaguti/Smirnov had interesting SP
    Bazarova/Larionov are in good shape also Stolbova/Klimov now have triple twist
    Martiusheva/Rogonov had some trouble and Martisuheva fell on something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Its done with the test skates
    on Russian forum they say Kavaguti/Smirnov had interesting SP
    Bazarova/Larionov are in good shape also Stolbova/Klimov now have triple twist
    Martiusheva/Rogonov had some trouble and Martisuheva fell on something
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing Kavaguti/Smirnov's SP.

vCash

Autumn leaves are dead

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Shelepen-

Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams

Very literal minded costuming, I must say
    No. Roger Williams popularized Autumn Leaves/Les feuilles mortes in the US. The music was written by Joseph Kosma on a theme of Massenet. (poème d'octobre). The words are from a poem by Jacques Prévert.

Yves Montand did introduce the song. Edith Piaf had a hit with it too. What a beautiful video. Thank you to whomever posted it. You made my day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Soloviev may be young but he has been married years now and has a family. It's not you are dealing with the usual singles. I personally do not want to read so much focus on their clothes! It is the first thing that all the people see but ...seriously!! It's not their biggest problem.
    I think that the reasoning for that being the focus is that their costumes from last year were disasters. Also, they are much easier to describe than the actual skating.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think that the reasoning for that being the focus is that their costumes from last year were disasters. Also, they are much easier to describe than the actual skating.
    In some way their costumes really were a mirror on their skating and style... out of date, strangely over the top, accentuating all the wrong points... and now they may be sleeker, streamlined, and modern. I get what Zhulin is doing.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmMGLcxRQ4 B/B SP, scored 65 at the first Russian Cup competition.

vCash
    I don't really like his costume, but I think she looks great

Still have mixed feelings on the voidy ending - but I like the program on the whole
    They got low tech marks (in the 30's) but good PCS's
    I wonder how they will be judged internationally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmMGLcxRQ4 B/B SP, scored 65 at the first Russian Cup competition.
    wow, lovely dress. she looks so pretty and young! costumes she used to wear made her look old.

vCash
    Though I see some improvements with the speed and overall impression with Bobrova-Soloviev, the end of the program, the last minute or so is just anti-climatic, very borring and it completely lost my attention.

vCash
    Does anyone know what Bobrova and Soloviev scored at last year's russian test skates?

vCash
    hmm, an improvement there and at least I wasn't snoozing
    I do agree the ending is anti climatic, the should edit the ending music cuts

shame we dont get to see Bobrova/Soloviev, Riazanova/Tkachenko and Ilinykh/Katsalapov doing the test skates at the same time to fully evaluate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I think these costumes sound nice though I think Bobrova will look pretty in a light-pink dress.
    The video is out!

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Maybe not the biggest, but if her posture has improved so that she's now the second coming of John Curry, you would never know it in those heavy, voluminous monstrosities -- second only to Kharis Ralph's Cinderella dress -- she used to wear.
    The costumes were not good before

Wish a level 4 was as spottable as a 3A or something

Does anyone know what Bobrova and Soloviev scored at last year's russian test skates?
    I found one where before the GP they hit 71 in October

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80000

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I think these costumes sound nice though I think Bobrova will look pretty in a light-pink dress.
    She looks lovely.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Thanks for the link! I think this SD is promising - in my opinion, the lighter themes really suit them better than the very heavy programs they have had recently. This program reminds me of how charming I found their Russian folk ODs. They need to rework the ending (or maybe they got ahead of the music?) but overall I think this program has potential. Looking forward to seeing the FD and how they develop over the season.

And Bobrova looks lovely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    Thanks for the link! I think this SD is promising - in my opinion, the lighter themes really suit them better than the very heavy programs they have had recently. This program reminds me of how charming I found their Russian folk ODs. They need to rework the ending (or maybe they got ahead of the music?) but overall I think this program has potential. Looking forward to seeing the FD and how they develop over the season.

And Bobrova looks lovely.
    The ending has always been like that. I think Zhulin likes ending a little differently than most. Like Mozart, he doesn't believe that a piece of art has to end with a bang. Remember how he did Charlie Chaplin for Pechalat and Bourzat? There was a big climax and then a light hearted ending. Now he has a voidy ending.

Also, they really scored 71 in an SD at a Russian test skate?!? I guess TAT must be politicking majorly against them.

vCash
    I like it! But I hope he changes his costume. It looks so bulky and heavy especially as compared to her light and lovely look. The loose jacket just doesn't work, he would look much better with a more streamlined look. I think this will be a good SD for them.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Makarova's Long program. Maybe an abbreviated version at only 3:30 minutes and 3 jumps??

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Shershak's Long program

Biryukova's Long program

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast