Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm still sad that I/K left Zhulin in the first place. Sigh. I loved their junior worlds programs the year they destroyed the competition.

vCash
    a Kustarova APOCALYPSE !!!

the talented Sinitsina/Zhiganshin has also moved to Nechaeva & Chesnichenko
    GOOBYE KUSTAROVA and GOOD RIDDENS !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    a Kustarova APOCALYPSE !!!

the talented Sinitsina/Zhiganshin has also moved to Nechaeva & Chesnichenko
    GOOBYE KUSTAROVA and GOOD RIDDENS !

What?

vCash
    ^
    yes Sinitsina/Zhiganshin has left Kustarova also
    they must have figured out after B/S left they are her next victim
    its on the russian forum, I traslated
    same forum I got the Bobrova/Soloviev news

http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?s...=400&start=400
    http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?showtopic=2722

I am a bit sorry for Kustarova
    so I hope Yanovskaia/Mozgov at least do not leave her

I was expecting Sinitsina/Zhiganshin go to Krylova
    but anyone but Kustarova will do for now !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    I'm still sad that I/K left Zhulin in the first place. Sigh. I loved their junior worlds programs the year they destroyed the competition.
    There first senior season was such a failure and they were tired of only ever working with Volkov.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The Russian Fed could book a charter to Detroit at this rate.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    The user on the Russian forum, who poster the news about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, has proved to be very unreliable in the past. Hardly any of his 'news' turned out to be true.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I like Nechaeva & Chesnichenko (great ODs with Samuelson/Bates but need some new choreographers for FDs) so I hope that it's true.

As an I&K fan I am very jealous that all these other teams are moving to good coaches.

vCash
    Interview with Dimitri

http://rsport.ru/interview/20120425/593599061.html

Apparently there was an offer from Krylova to work with her, but they chose Zhulin instead. I don't understand completely, but I think it may have been that they didn't want to be in the same group as Weaver/Poje as well as Pechalat/Bourzat.

- Поговаривали о том, что Анжелика Крылова хочет поработать с российской парой. Не было желания перебраться в Штаты?

- Да, было такое предложение, и мы тоже над ним думали. Но у Крыловой есть канадская пара (Кэйтлин Уивер/Эндрю Поже), и трудно было сказать, на кого бы сделали ставку. А Жулин обещал, что будет с нами работать и полностью менять, приглашать специалистов из разных областей – и по актерскому мастерству, и по хореографии, будем работать над костюмами.

They said that working hard on their technique as well as their image on ice. They mentioned starting from zero which probably means skating skills and posture issues.

Their PCS were already really high for what they were doing. Imagine how much higher they'll be with these improvements. Also, I hope that they can work on getting their levels especially on footwork and pattern dances because they weren't having trouble with the other elements for the most part.

vCash
    I think that going to Zhulin may actually be better than Krylova just because Krylova had a reputation for being too OTT, and that may make judges less likely to give Bobrova and Soloviev a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Interview with Dimitri

http://rsport.ru/interview/20120425/593599061.html

Apparently there was an offer from Krylova to work with her, but they chose Zhulin instead. I don't understand completely, but I think it may have been that they didn't want to be in the same group as Weaver/Poje as well as Pechalat/Bourzat.

- Поговаривали о том, что Анжелика Крылова хочет поработать с российской парой. Не было желания перебраться в Штаты?

- Да, было такое предложение, и мы тоже над ним думали. Но у Крыловой есть канадская пара (Кэйтлин Уивер/Эндрю Поже), и трудно было сказать, на кого бы сделали ставку. А Жулин обещал, что будет с нами работать и полностью менять, приглашать специалистов из разных областей – и по актерскому мастерству, и по хореографии, будем работать над костюмами.

They said that working hard on their technique as well as their image on ice. They mentioned starting from zero which probably means skating skills and posture issues.

Their PCS were already really high for what they were doing. Imagine how much higher they'll be with these improvements. Also, I hope that they can work on getting their levels especially on footwork and pattern dances because they weren't having trouble with the other elements for the most part.
    I liked the interview.It seems they clearly understood all the problems and want to change things radically.
    I prefer Zhulin to Krylova too,he's good at doing exactly what B/S need: packaging and choreography.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

As an I&K fan I am very jealous that all these other teams are moving to good coaches.
    This.

But I am so happy to see more couples going to Zhulin. The programs from the Azerbajanis this season were my highlight. The Junior Worlds program from I/K were stunning. He has great and voidy ideas and I cannot wait to see it all.

But the combination from Zhulin (voidy) an B/S (dry as rice) is weird. I wonder who will prevail.

vCash
    The Gold and Silver positions are not voidy at all. Maybe P/B were voidy with their Mummy program but one mistake and they would have been off the podium again to non voidy W/P like last year with non-voidy S/S.

vCash
    Great decision by Bobrova/Soloviev. They need a style injection and posture/lines revamp (she's almost horizontal ) and Zhulin can do that, I think.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    But I am so happy to see more couples going to Zhulin. The programs from the Azerbajanis this season were my highlight. The Junior Worlds program from I/K were stunning. He has great and voidy ideas and I cannot wait to see it all.

But the combination from Zhulin (voidy) an B/S (dry as rice) is weird. I wonder who will prevail.
    Same here. I still have hope for B/S since they were able to pull off that fun Russian sailors OD...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Same here. I still have hope for B/S since they were able to pull off that fun Russian sailors OD...
    Epic program.

But I also loved their Chess SD. It was simple but suited their style very well.

vCash
    I think it's a good move on B/S side. I'm also glad they are aware of their flaws and are going to start from scratch. I really like this team and it was sad for me to see their technical regress (and Kustarova's constant whining about unjustified and unfounded low levels - oh well...).
    if only I/K stayed with Zhulin...

as for Kustarova/Alexeeva - if the rumours about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are true, it will truly be a disaster for them. first Monko/Khaliavin, now B/S, soon (hopefully) S/Z. at least they still have Yanovskaia/Mozgov (who are turned into Bobrova/Soloviev clones...).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Epic program.

But I also loved their Chess SD. It was simple but suited their style very well.
    their best programmes!

otoh, they had 'Delilah' and a free dance to Il Divo's 'Adagio'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Epic program.

Yes I liked that too.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    otoh, they had 'Delilah'
    I really liked that OD.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast