Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Whomever can teach him to stay on his feet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    In any case, does Patrick really need a coach at this point? He already has Kathy Johnson and the judges on his side, not to mention his wonderfully supportive Federation and Chan Gang Fans.
    He's mentioned that he would like to improve; he'd like to improve his spins and add another quad, so a technical team would certainly be wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    So this didn't work out?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    ... She was placing transitions in skaters programs long before they were scored. Since he already can handle this type of choreography Sarah might be a brilliant choice. Also, she is super creative and super not over used.
    I agree completely. It is for these reasons that I think she would be a great choice. Her work is fresh and unpredictable. But I also love Jeff Buttle's work, and I think that "Elegie" is a masterpiece. Jeff really seems to *get* Patrick. Maybe Sarah for the SP and Jeff for the LP? I would love that

Patrick said in a recent interview that he does not yet know who his new coach will be. I hope he locates his new coach or coaching team soon, so that they have time to get used to each other. I am really happy Patrick is looking to improve his spins. He has good speed and his spins are well-centred, but I would like to see better positions, particularly in his camel spin. His performances at ATS show that he has already improved in terms of feeling the music and making the choreography meaningful. very impressive. I love the mobility and fluidity in his upper body and think he is doing a wonderful job with both programs. I cannot wait to see what he does next season

vCash
    As far as the "spin" thingy goes. Maybe he got a few lessons from Lambiel who is in Korea I believe. I agree his spins are very well centered but there is definitely room for improvement.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    As befits his previous comments, the CHEAPEST coach possible will be the one working with Chan.

But without Lori in his corner perhaps it is possible that his PCS will reflect his mechanical skating and lack of musicality.

A skater who basically skates like an over-trained monkee to the music should have scores that reflect his performance.

For me, 6's and 7's would be more than generrous marks for Chan on IN, CH and PE. Even 5's and 6's seem more realistic when he is behind the music for half the program.

Let him have his 9's on SS but please ISU don't continue to make a mockery of the great tradition passed down by the likes of Janet,Toller and Curry.

To do so will give fans no other choice but to continue BOOING Chan.

Is having such an unpopular skater as champion really good for the sport?
    Last edited by MrLucky; 05-12-2012 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    As befits his previous comments, the CHEAPEST coach possible will be the one working with Chan.

But without Lori in his corner perhaps it is possible that his PCS will reflect his mechanical skating and lack of musicality.

A skater who basically skates like an over-trained monkee to the music should have scores that reflect his performance.

For me, 6's and 7's would be more than generrous marks for Chan on IN, CH and PE. Even 5's and 6's seem more realistic when he is behind the music for half the program.

Let him have his 9's on SS but please ISU don't continue to make a mockery of the great tradition passed down by the likes of Janet,Toller and Curry.

Is having such an unpopular skater really good for the sport?:rollin:
    What's bad for the sport are "fans" like you who come out from under the bridge every month to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    What's bad for the sport are "fans" like you who come out from under the bridge every month to
    Hmmm....perhaps you make a good point. I have been "coming out from under the bridge" every year since 1964.

No doubt I have forgotten more great skaters than you have ever seen.

Chan really falls short ...... his skating is so far from "epic" than even Chan himself said he remembered better programs....and better times for skating.

The proof of the pudding is the amazing amount of empty seats at a Skate Canada where the arena was small to begin with.

Love or hate Plushy...atleast the guy used to fill the seats. He still does in Russia.

Why can't Mr Wonderful sell out even on home ice?

Sorry, but his mechanical skating is BORING.......

vCash

then 4's and 5's for Plushenko on TR and CH.

Think about
    Takahashi's flutz which doesn't get edge call,
    underrotated jumps which don't get <

Takahashi got goe 0.14 for quad at LP
    that quad was slightly two-footed and strictly <
    and I think his 3a-3t should have gotten <
    He could get 3lz-2t-2lo< also
    His jumps were bad.

There are skaters get 8's or 9 on skating skill and transition although not deserve

Figure skating is art yes but at the same time it's a sport.
    I respect your thought Chan is boring but your entire post really makes me mad.
    Last edited by idee123; 05-13-2012 at 05:19 AM.

vCash
    Sorry, but his mechanical skating is BORING.......
    Yes boring also describes your posts. Time to put you on the ignore list.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by idee123 View Post
    I respect your thought Chan is boring but your entire post really makes me mad.
    idee, ML with his/her limited vocabulary, only know how to 'copy and paste' all over the threads. Put ML on ignore list. You wouldn't miss or learn much not reading his/her posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    idee, ML with his/her limited vocabulary, only know how to 'copy and paste' all over the threads. Put ML on ignore list. You wouldn't miss or learn much not reading his/her posts.
    OK..I will...
    I am quite a newbie here in FSU.
    This is the first time I see ML's post.

vCash
    It's been on my "ignore" list for quite some time. It and some of the other trolls. Oh Heavenly "ignore" feature..
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    [B] It .......
    Thanks Clarie. I will use IT in future.

vCash
    What about someone old school like the Dunfields? Are they still in Ottawa?

vCash
    What, Mr Lucky, no anti-Asian, misogynistic, and transphobic remarks this time? I am shocked and impressed by your restraint!

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    ... Put ML on ignore list. You wouldn't miss or learn much not reading his/her posts.
    great advice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    What, Mr Lucky, no anti-Asian, misogynistic, and transphobic remarks this time? I am shocked and impressed by your restraint!
    Maybe MrSucky finally got the message.

vCash
    Is having such an unpopular skater as champion really good for the sport?

I just wonder who is your favorite male skater.
    Pluchenko?? or Takahashi?? or ......???

vCash
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast