Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Yep, jettasian, blah blah blah yet again blah, which is apparently Chan fan strategy to blanket any thread that has any hint of criticism of their hero. Forget about anything complimentary that is also mentioned -- just nitpick on the critiques you dislike, and flame all the critics until they go away so the thread can then be free of noise from critics and filled with ooh blah and ahhh from admiring fans and "respectful" others.
    I speak for myself, not other Chan fans. I don't have any strategy whatsoever. I only respond back to your ridiculous remarks, baseless accusations and assumptions. Besides, this thread is about Chan/Coach split. Yet you always take any opportunity to bash Chan whenever you can.

Yep, I'll say it again, "over-scored and over-hyped."
    You can say it until eternity and still proves nothing but just your silliness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Thread drift, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to sing the praises of a somewhat underrated/forgotten skater - Angela Nikodinov was one of the few ladies skaters I truly enjoyed every time she skated. So beautiful and graceful, so natural. No idea how her technik rated and I'm sure many can give more detailed analysis, but from a pure enjoyment perspective, I'd count her among the very best, IMO.
    I'm also a fan of Angela and ITA with your description of her skating. Her layback is exquisite, and imo, the best in the business. But what I loved most about her skating was her ability to make the choreography meaningful. Every gesture had purpose, and she really took the time to breathe through the movement, if that makes sense. I was lucky enough to see her live once, and I had goosebumps watching her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    it’s hard to explain how a performance with two big errors gets higher marks on Performance / execution and Interpretation than a performance of another athlete who skated clean (look at Patrick’s and Takahashi’s marks of Worlds Free).
    The Tak program I saw, he was not clean. So I don't know which one you saw. Also, figure skating is not counting number of mistakes. EVERYTHING is taking into account. Tak watered down his program, Chan did not.
    Being behind the music certainly was the only mistake this day!
    I used that as an example. I have watched his post performance interviews, he'd say it if something wasn't right about his skate.

I start thinking that Patrick will be the next Michelle Kwan – great skater, but you better don’t read threads with fanatic fans that don’t allow for the slightest critics nor can they even stand nice words devoted to other skaters.
    There's a difference between making criticism and making things up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOnTheIce View Post
    Isn't Chan dating Kathy Johnson's daughter? :-)
    Yes, Chan is dating with Kathy Johnson's daughter.

And She is a student at Parsons in NY.

I heard she would make costume for Chan.

I guess the costume (a EX choreographed by Jeff)was made by her.
    Last edited by idee123; 04-19-2012 at 04:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I knew it! Patrick is going to skate pairs as well as singles, so that Gracie Gold won't win all the gold medals in Sochi!
    Oh yes because at 5'7" and 140 pounds Chan would make an EXCELLENT pairs skater

Maybe if Miyahara has a Canadian twin who won't grow anymore...

Ice dance however would be more suitable. He and Maia Shibutani look lovely together https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

However, Gracie Gold is just going to win all the medals in Sochi anyways, cloning herself in male form when necessary to win the pairs and dance titles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Oh yes because at 5'7" and 140 pounds Chan would make an EXCELLENT pairs skater
    What part of do you not understand?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by idee123 View Post

I thought Chan was dating an Olympic Skier?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't know about Chan, but Tessa Virtue is (Ryan Semple).
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Not now

That was a litte long time ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I don't know about Chan, but Tessa Virtue is (Ryan Semple).
    This is true?

I googled him

I think Scott is still better !
    Last edited by idee123; 04-19-2012 at 06:59 AM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Never heard of Angela but I did google and watch the you-tube. Graceful skater.
    This is what makes me sad - already a generation of skating fans who don't know her.

On a happier note, and continuing thread drift , according to Wiki Angela and Ivan are expecting their first child next month! He was always one of my favourite skaters to watch too, so nice to see them happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    He used to date an Olympic speed skater from Calgary. Anastasia something.

Interesting that he's dating his coach's daughter. Assume the coaching relationship will go downhill when the dating one does.

vCash
    AFP article with quotes from Chan: http://www.canada.com/sports/Chan+up...202/story.html

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Never heard of Angela
    And now I officially feel old.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    This is what makes me sad - already a generation of skating fans who don't know her.

On a happier note, and continuing thread drift , according to Wiki Angela and Ivan are expecting their first child next month! He was always one of my favourite skaters to watch too, so nice to see them happy.

I'm sad that she never quite got the recognition she deserved as a skater; yet delighted at this news.
    Much happiness to them.

vCash
    If anyone could explain how Kathy Johnson has the coaching credentials required by Skate Canada to get international accreditation to be by the boards I would appreciate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by idee123 View Post

I think Tess Johnson has already graduated from Parsons, and I don't think the Ex costume is designed by Tess? Looks like a mix-match from Patrick's former wardrobe. Also, I am quite sure Tu Ly is still Patrick's official costume designer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minx View Post
    If anyone could explain how Kathy Johnson has the coaching credentials required by Skate Canada to get international accreditation to be by the boards I would appreciate it.
    I wonder about that as well. I don't see how she could possibly be a level 3 coach. Are the requirements in the US different? Maybe she is qualified be US standards so is okay for internationals?
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash

Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I wonder about that as well. I don't see how she could possibly be a level 3 coach. Are the requirements in the US different? Maybe she is qualified be US standards so is okay for internationals?
    requirements are different in US. if she is member of PSA she can take on-line tests to fulfill education requirement. Some parents are starting to do it over here so they can put their own kids on.

vCash
    Thanks for the info, idee123. I was curious, so I googled her. This could be her:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tess-johnson/26/217/8b1

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast