Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

[shedding a single tear for Krall and Chan]

well, i guess she decided
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    And the off-season is officially ON.
    Almost; we still have the World Team Trophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    This reminds me of Orser/Yuna split all over again. Things seem to be going fine then boom! Maybe she was taking on too many other students and Patrick didn't want that?
    I don't think it's the same. O/Y's split was pretty ugly. Yuna side said Orser knew about it. Orser said he's fired, or something like that, or it's Yuna's mother did the work.

Chan/Krall's split is mutual agreement. I'm a bit surprised because I thought they do well together. I guess maybe Chan wants to train more back in Toronto. Who knows. Where is Kathy Johnson based?

vCash
    Probably a matter of $$$$$$$. I wish Alissa would go to her.

vCash
    Maybe the contract was over? There are things Chan can improve upon and perhaps he wants to get another perspective. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm sure its business as usual in the Chan camp.

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Maybe the contract was over? There are things Chan can improve upon and perhaps he wants to get another perspective. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm sure its business as usual in the Chan camp.
    Yeah but there are reports saying that it was Krall who initiated the split and Team Chan accepted it. This would make sense if he was the initiator.....

vCash
    Not a big surprise to those who know Chan and Krall. Kathy Johnson has taken on a larger role in the past year with Chan.... and Karen Chan, Patrick's mother, has been very supportive of the role Johnson has played in developing Chan's skating in the last two seasons.

vCash
    I have noticed that Kathy Johnson showed up in the kiss/cry area at 4CC and World, so I think the transition were underway then and we only find out now.

What is KJ's role, dance?

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    I have noticed that Kathy Johnson showed up in the kiss/cry area at 4CC and World, so I think the transition were underway then and we only find out now.

What is KJ's role, dance?
    she's a dance instructor.

vCash
    Background on Kathy Johnson

http://figureskating.about.com/od/da...thyjohnson.htm

Johnson is based out of Kansas City, Missouri, but has a daughter who lives in NYC.
    She also works quite a bit with the ice dancers and skaters in Detroit area.
    Johnson worked with a number of Colorado skaters over the years as they lived in the area when her daughter was a skater.
    Johnson has since returned to KC, MO as home base, but travels quite a bit, working with skaters all over but almost exclusively with Chan in CO.
    Last edited by B.Cooper; 04-16-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added additional info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    I don't think it's the same. O/Y's split was pretty ugly. Yuna side said Orser knew about it. Orser said he's fired, or something like that, or it's Yuna's mother did the work.

Chan/Krall's split is mutual agreement. I'm a bit surprised because I thought they do well together. I guess maybe Chan wants to train more back in Toronto. Who knows. Where is Kathy Johnson based?
    Chan's mother had something to do with this Im sure...I really think this is going to affect Patrick in a bad way. Christy really was instrumental in him finding consistency and control over the axel and quads. Will anyone else have her scientific approach that obviously worked wonders with him? Kathy Johnson is based in Colorado I believe.

vCash
    From Phil Hersh's Twitter:

Christy Krall just told me Team Chan chose to de-emphasize her role, so she chose to resign as one of Patrick Chan's coaches

vCash
    Canadian sports journalist Randy Starkman wrote about Kathy Johnson's role with Patrick Chan before last year's Worlds in Moscow: http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...rld-domination
    Excerpt:
    The key to unlocking the quad and his true potential as a skater has been his partnership with Kathy Johnson, a modern dance teacher with Juilliard School training and a long history of working with figure skaters. She’s the one who put Baryshnikov on his menu. She told Chan how it was the rotation into his jumps that allowed the famed Russian ballet dancer to generate so much height, not the actual jump. She helped her attentive new student focus on body alignment, breathing, preparation before each element and how everything starts with the core.
    (R.I.P., Mr. Starkman - he died at the age of 51 today and the "shedding a single tear" phrase orginated from one of his articles for the Toronto Star.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    She ran out of helium to make his head any bigger?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post

Christy Krall just told me Team Chan chose to de-emphasize her role, so she chose to resign as one of Patrick Chan's coaches
    If true, this is INSANE.. Why would you mess with the winning formula?? Geez..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    (R.I.P., Mr. Starkman - he died at the age of 51 today and the "shedding a single tear" phrase orginated from one of his articles for the Toronto Star.)
    Thanks for the trivia...

I hope this frees her up to spend more time with Agnes!!

As for Alissa taking lessons from her, well, I think Alissa needs to gain several pounds of muscle in her rear and thighs before any coach can help her.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    If true, this is INSANE.. Why would you mess with the winning formula?? Geez..
    Sorry, but if you have watched the dynamics or the interactions between "Team Chan" (Patrick and Karen) and his coaches of the last two seasons....Krall and Johnson, you can understand Krall's decision. I wonder if Chans are still working with Lori Nichol, or if they have moved on to someone else as a choreographer? Curious move on the the part of Chans, to leave someone as talented and grounded as Krall.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What is it that you had observed in K&C that is so obvious?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post

Assuming that's true, this does not sound like a friendly, mutually respectful split. I imagine Phil will have more on this later? And I'm sure we'll be getting Chan's side from someone - PJ Kwong, I'd guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What is it that you had observed in K&C that is so obvious?
    Not in K&C...daily interactions in training environments/locations.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast