Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    She is going to compete at Goden Spin of Zagreb (December 5th-9th). Italian nationals is going to be held in Milan, a week before Christmas.
    Well, Golden Spin is Dec.13-16, so doesn't seem possible to me she'll attend that as it's too close to Nationals. Maybe NRW Trophy in Dortmund Dec. 5-9... well, we'll find out later on!

vCash
    Great to hear Kostner getting new programs, as much as I love her programs from last season, she really perfected them already and is time to move on.

For some reason I have the impression that she does not compete at Italian Nationals. Wikipedia says though, she has only withdrawn twice due to injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8swan View Post
    Well, Golden Spin is Dec.13-16, so doesn't seem possible to me she'll attend that as it's too close to Nationals. Maybe NRW Trophy in Dortmund Dec. 5-9... well, we'll find out later on!
    Oops...I wrote the dates that were on the FISG's website...and according to it NRW is at the end of November.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Here is Carolina's duet with Stéphane to "Romeo and Juliet" last night at Opera on Ice in Verona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEC6OLkmJ4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Oops...I wrote the dates that were on the FISG's website...and according to it NRW is at the end of November.
    According to FISG it is 13-16 dec. She can't do any competition in the GP-time. I think it's sort of warm up competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Here is Carolina's duet with Stéphane to "Romeo and Juliet" last night at Opera on Ice in Verona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEC6OLkmJ4
    I really like the atmosphere of this performance. It would suit her so well for a competitive progam !

vCash
    Awwww. Thanks for sharing that!! (Although--isn't that an aria from La Traviata? forgive my operatic ignorance if I'm wrong! Help!)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Interview with Carolina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Interview with Carolina
    I'll try to translate:
    I: Carolina Kostner at the Arena di Verona, you are going to be the sponsor for this event.
    C: Wow, now you are making me feel nervous, I feel a lot of pressure now!! Just kidding, even only the idea (of this event) was so amazing. Now it's its second year and everything is so well prepared, I hope the weather is going to be good as well.
    I: What can you tell us abut using (Giuseppe) Verdi's music on the ice?
    C: I remember when I was a kid, my mom told me that when she was skating as a kid they were using a lot Verdi's music.
    I: The costumes are one of the new details of this show.
    C: I am so surprised by how these costumes look beautiful and professional.
    I: Kostner is going to interpret Juliet for the first time with the Swiss champion Stéphane Lambiel, that will be Romeo.
    I: What do you think about this Romeo?
    C: I like him.
    I: Does he measure up to Juliet?
    C: Absolutely!
    I: Carolina Kostner is already looking beyond the show at the Arena, she is focused on the European and World Championships in 2013
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Awwww. Thanks for sharing that!! (Although--isn't that an aria from La Traviata? forgive my operatic ignorance if I'm wrong! Help!)
    No, Gounod's "Romeo et Juliette". It's early in the opera, before she meets Romeo, and Juliette sings how she wants to be joyful and and live in a dream, because once heart learns love, one stops being carefree. Then moments later she meets Romeo... and there you have it.
    Lovely skating from both.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Just had a friend in Oberstdorf and he says that Carolina is skating to "Bolero" for what he thought was a short program. He said that the step sequence is amazing

vCash
    ^ Oh, my, GOD! I can't even imagine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Just had a friend in Oberstdorf and he says that Carolina is skating to "Bolero" for what he thought was a short program. He said that the step sequence is amazing
    Thank you for the information. Although 'Bolero' is not an original choice, I would say "great", if Savchenko/Szolkowy were not using 'Bolero' this season as well. Still, if it's true, it will be interesting to see what she and Lori Nichol have done with it.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Oooooohhh!!!! She may be the only singles skater to do Bolero justice! I hope it was an LP though... Bolero needs all the time it can get to build the tension

vCash
    Sweet ... I kept wanting them to break out in pairs moves, like a triple twist, an overhead lift, a throw jump and a death spiral, but the choreography was fitting and told a story.

Re Lambiel's ballet tights:

vCash
    Caro has revealed her music choices for 2012/2013:

SHORT PROGRAM: A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & IL TRILLO DEL DIAVOLO
    "A Transylvanian Lullaby" (Young Frankenstein)
    Composer: John Morris
    Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
    &
    "Il Trillo del Diavolo/The Devil's Trill"
    Composer: Tartini
    Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pietà

FREE PROGRAM: BOLERO
    Composer: M. Ravel
    Conductor: Andre Previn

vCash
    Caro has revealed her music choices for 2012/2013:

SHORT PROGRAM: A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & IL TRILLO DEL DIAVOLO
    "A Transylvanian Lullaby" (Young Frankenstein)
    Composer: John Morris
    Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
    &
    "Il Trillo del Diavolo/The Devil's Trill"
    Composer: Tartini
    Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pietà

FREE PROGRAM: BOLERO
    Composer: M. Ravel
    Conductor: Andre Previn
    Did someone skate to "A Transylvanian Lullaby" before? Did she also announce choreographers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Did someone skate to "A Transylvanian Lullaby" before? Did she also announce choreographers?
    I think Yuna might have skated to it in junior level.

And her choreographer is of course Lori nichol

vCash
    I think Caro can rock her choices,but It seems that Lori has no shame and does instant music recycling, lol, Lori Nichol choreographed a SP for Zhang/Zhang last season to A Transylvanian Lullaby.

vCash
    Here is an interview with Carolina that was aired yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXpkc...ature=youtu.be

She said she watched her teammates compete at the Grand Prix and sometimes missed not being there but in the end she enjoyed her longer break. She enjoyed watching some skating on TV once ;-)
    She got her programs choreographed by Lori Nichol in September only (a couple of months later than usual) and she still has some work to do.
    The Bolero has always been on her mind but she never felt that she was "ready" enough and had the courage to skate to it. And even now in practice, it is a very challenging piece to skate to.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast