Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah... she deserved SO from the whole arena after each of her performances... too bad it didn't happen...

vCash
    That's a great photo.

vCash
    I would really like her to end her career with two strong performances and another World title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I would really like her to end her career with two strong performances and another World title.
    She will win a World Medal. For Sure. Her 4th world medal in a row. That's a fact.

OT: very curious to see whether Adelina will compete or not. The official competitors for Russia are Yulia n Anna, as of now; so it would be a bit... offensive at them. STILL, I would be VERY curious to hear Adelina's world score.

vCash
    Me too. Either her, Akiko, or Mao would do it for me.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I loved Carolina's LP in Sochi.

But I do wonder why Mirai was criticized so much at US Natls for only doing 1/3 of the posing Carolina did in Sochi?
    What a strange sport!

For that matter Yuna did mucho posing in Sochi as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think posing is OK. Just would like to see it treated equally which seems to be an impossibility in skating.

vCash
    It's because instead of posing Mirai was doing cross-overs. I love her more than any US skater, but her choreography doesn't compare to Carolina or Yuna Kim no matter how much posing they did in their programs (it added to the overall picture and their use of upper-body movement made sense choreographically while posing). The cross-overs and actual skating without any nuance to the music (instead of mature nuanced posing or waving at the judges) counts more for the skating skills mark than the choreography mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    I loved Carolina's LP in Sochi.

But I do wonder why Mirai was criticized so much at US Natls for only doing 1/3 of the posing Carolina did in Sochi?
    What a strange sport!

For that matter Yuna did mucho posing in Sochi as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think posing is OK. Just would like to see it treated equally which seems to be an impossibility in skating.
    Because Kostner's posing had choreographic purpose. It was in character of and in time to the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    It's because instead of posing Mirai was doing cross-overs. I love her more than any US skater, but her choreography doesn't compare to Carolina or Yuna Kim no matter how much posing they did in their programs (it added to the overall picture and their use of upper-body movement made sense choreographically while posing). The cross-overs and actual skating without any nuance to the music (instead of mature nuanced posing or waving at the judges) counts more for the skating skills mark than the choreography mark.
    Which is sad because Mirai has the ability to handle good choreography.

Here's hoping Caro goes out on a high note.

vCash
    In the proper universe, she delivered three perfect performances at the Olympics and should have won the OGM and called it a career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In the proper universe, she delivered three perfect performances at the Olympics and should have won the OGM and called it a career.

vCash

I've re watched her performances so many times. I can't watch any videos from the Olympics now because they make me feel sick to the stomach. She should have won the short by 4/5 points and won the LP with far better PCS too. The result is, and will always be a disgrace. I'm still refusing to watch worlds

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Heaven sent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLEkCGxONL8 She is such an angelic vision and she interprets this music so beautifully. You can tell Caro is at home and in her element performing to "Ave Maria." Simply glorious!! <3

vCash
    Because the judges aren't reflecting the PCS differences in the marks appropriately but instead are tieing them largely to what the skaters performed technically, we get shit results like that.

Kostner should have had a substantial advantage over Kim and a HUGE advantage over Sotnikova on the PCS in Sochi.

To me, she was the clear winner and this result continues to pain me even more than Hughes' victory.

vCash
    Same here. With Adelina's victory, the standard for choreography and interpretation has been set incredibly low. I fear these aspects of our sport will soon go the way of dance in gymnastics.

vCash
    I really felt she should won as well--I think her PCS advantage should have been enough for her to overcome the TES deficit. I really believe she should have won every category of the PCS. Her mad blade skills just allow her to express in a way others can't. And what she does with her body...I feel like every gesture, every movement has meaning. Her Ave Maria was transcendent and her Bolero was just...no words. She is a true master of the blade and combines that with a deep understanding for musical phrase and nuance. I will always remember her Olympic performances as some of the best ever and I have faith she can make magic again at Worlds.

and thanks for the link, museksk8r!

vCash
    Because the judges aren't reflecting the PCS differences in the marks appropriately but instead are tieing them largely to what the skaters performed technically, we get shit results like that.

Kostner should have had a substantial advantage over Kim and a HUGE advantage over Sotnikova on the PCS in Sochi.

To me, she was the clear winner and this result continues to pain me even more than Hughes' victory.
    I totally agree with Marco and Ziggy; Carolina should have won the Sochi Olympics. Her PCS undermarking was/is a critical error.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post

I've re watched her performances so many times. I can't watch any videos from the Olympics now because they make me feel sick to the stomach. She should have won the short by 4/5 points and won the LP with far better PCS too. The result is, and will always be a disgrace. I'm still refusing to watch worlds
    I myself stayed away from this board for 3 weeks. But don't penalize yourself by not enjoying Koster at her finest. Results aside, it was her only squeaky clean competition, and so beautifully skated too.

She won in my mind and I will remember it that way. I am impressed by Sotnikova and am happy for her bronze medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Same here. With Adelina's victory, the standard for choreography and interpretation has been set incredibly low. I fear these aspects of our sport will soon go the way of dance in gymnastics.
    Could you imagine if she had won with the screeching music and program she used last season?

vCash
    Honestly, I think this season's was just as bad. I actually practiced her opening choreographic movements in front of a mirror yesterday. It took about a minute to master.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast