Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 535
  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,039
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, in anticipation, here's a replay of her Euros sp vid:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHYELM1w6g

    Don't know if this was discussed earlier, but does the front of Caro's costume represent hands playing on piano keys, or what?

  2. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Don't know if this was discussed earlier, but does the front of Caro's costume represent hands playing on piano keys, or what?
    Apparently she is meant to represent an innocent girl (hence the white dress) that is trying to escape from Frankenstein who is trying to catch her (represented by the two red hands that are wrapped around her waist). I think the general idea is good but the dress itself hasn't been done well. She wore a different dress at Challenge Cup so I hope this means they will add further changes to her white dress ...

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,039
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^ Thanks. Do you know where the music and the idea come from?

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Thanks. Do you know where the music and the idea come from?
    The music is called "A Transylvanian Lullaby" (from the movie "Young Frankenstein") and was apparently suggested to her by Lori Nichol. The concept of the program I guess was also done by Lori but I am pretty sure Carolina always plays a big part in the creative process of her programs. The idea of the dress was probably her's in cooperation with her dress makers. Here is a draft from the SP dress: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater. IMO it looks much better on the draft than in reality.

    And this is a sketch of the Bolero FP dress which looks almost identical in reality and imo works much better than the SP dress: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Last edited by jiggs; 02-22-2013 at 10:32 AM.

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sorry, doubled post.

  6. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Apparently she is meant to represent an innocent girl (hence the white dress) that is trying to escape from Frankenstein who is trying to catch her (represented by the two red hands that are wrapped around her waist). I think the general idea is good but the dress itself hasn't been done well. She wore a different dress at Challenge Cup so I hope this means they will add further changes to her white dress ...
    I too hope that she will wear something different at Worlds. I understand the idea, but in the way how it was executed it looked more like a cake with white frosting and a red bow decor, or a curtain decor, or something like that.

  7. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I understand the idea, but in the way how it was executed it looked more like a cake with white frosting and a red bow decor, or a curtain decor, or something like that.
    I agree lol.

    Here is the video of Caro's SP at Challenge Cup yesterday. It doesn't have sound but it seems like she made minor changes to the choreography in some places: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IneItvcAdM

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Here is the video of Caro's SP at Challenge Cup yesterday. It doesn't have sound but it seems like she made minor changes to the choreography in some places: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IneItvcAdM
    Thanks a lot anyway. I am not sure that I like the changes, though.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 02-22-2013 at 05:43 PM.

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,286
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ahhhh I can't wait to see the SP!

  10. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Free skate at Challenge Cup:
    3lz, 1A, 3f3t<, 1l, 3t2t, 3sal2t, 3sal
    Score 126.09

    Despite the mistakes, I am happy to see she is planning to go for 7 triples!!!

  11. #271

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,315
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    I agree lol.

    Here is the video of Caro's SP at Challenge Cup yesterday. It doesn't have sound but it seems like she made minor changes to the choreography in some places: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IneItvcAdM
    here is one with fixed sound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVZ5QumnSpk

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,199
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Carolina is the primary reason I even bother watching ladies' figure skating anymore. She is so special and regal. IMO, she has become the Svetlana Khorkina of figure skating. I find her so mesmerizing! My dream worlds podium would be: 1) Kostner, 2) Tuktamysheva, and 3) Osmond. I know, not a very likely result, but I must say I find those 3 to be the most interesting and exciting ladies to watch right now. Their personalities draw me in the most to their skating of all the current ladies.

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Free skate at Challenge Cup:
    3lz, 1A, 3f3t<, 1l, 3t2t, 3sal2t, 3sal
    Score 126.09

    Despite the mistakes, I am happy to see she is planning to go for 7 triples!!!
    Thanks for the information. I hope that the mistakes mean that it will be better at Worlds .

    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    here is one with fixed sound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVZ5QumnSpk
    Thank you.

  14. #274

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    47
    Posts
    17,730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16736
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    IMO, she has become the Svetlana Khorkina of figure skating.
    Well that is saying something. I agree.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,286
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Free skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmK...layer_embedded

    3f-3t!!! I'm amazed by the last minute everytime I watch this program. Just majestic.

  16. #276

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    47
    Posts
    17,730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16736
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    here is one with fixed sound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVZ5QumnSpk
    Wow this program is a masterpiece. I have seen it a few times now from the various competitions over the season, but this certainly is the best performance and the camera angle really allows you to appreciate it. This is what I love about skating.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congrats to Carolina on her 5th World medal! What a gutsy performance after her nose bleed ... when she was taking so long to take the ice I thought Oh my, this is not good! I was fearing another melt down from her. But she has become such a great competitor after all these years (who would have thought!) and did really well. Shame about the fall in the end but still she really shut up her critics from last year by upgrading her jump content and showing a 3lz and 3f3t here.

    Believe it or not, this is Carolina's 20th podium finish in a row, she has never been off the podium for the last 3 seasons. That is quite impressive considering how inconsistent she used to be

  18. #278

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    35010
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Congrats to Carolina on her 5th World medal! What a gutsy performance after her nose bleed ... when she was taking so long to take the ice I thought Oh my, this is not good! I was fearing another melt down from her. But she has become such a great competitor after all these years (who would have thought!) and did really well. Shame about the fall in the end but still she really shut up her critics from last year by upgrading her jump content and showing a 3lz and 3f3t here.

    Believe it or not, this is Carolina's 20th podium finish in a row, she has never been off the podium for the last 3 seasons. That is quite impressive considering how inconsistent she used to be
    Amazing!

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,260
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Congrats to Carolina on her 5th World medal! What a gutsy performance after her nose bleed ... when she was taking so long to take the ice I thought Oh my, this is not good! I was fearing another melt down from her. But she has become such a great competitor after all these years (who would have thought!) and did really well. Shame about the fall in the end but still she really shut up her critics from last year by upgrading her jump content and showing a 3lz and 3f3t here.

    Believe it or not, this is Carolina's 20th podium finish in a row, she has never been off the podium for the last 3 seasons. That is quite impressive considering how inconsistent she used to be
    Absolutely ! Big respect for her perfect 3Lutz and 3F/3T combo !
    I was afraid too with her nose, and jumping and spining is not good for that. But she did it really well. Now, I guess she won't have a 3Sal at the very end of the program next season. She landed it earlier, but not at the last competitions.

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,764
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I really like Kostner's LP. Could Caroline have beaten (or equaled) Yu-Na in the LP if she hadn't popped the 3L and fell on the 3S ? Yu-Na definitely deserved he win, but I do think Kostner's choreography and performance level were more intricate and detailed than Yu-Na's.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •