Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    After her withdrawal from Italian Nationals due to backpain we finally get to see some news from Carolina ... she skated at New Year's Gala in Oberstdorf! I am just happy to see her on the ice again and wish her all the best for Europeans! She skated 2 exhibitions, one to Ave Maria and one to Sheherazade:

Ave Maria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8AR2o3zwU
    Shez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIoOnHw31g

vCash
    Ja, Shez seems to be still on. Hope she'll use Ave Maria as her Gala program, least for Sochi: could you "Imagine" Caro n Yuna skating the same song?
    In Selva (video disappeared) she skated Imagine wearing the Humoresque outfit.

AND... she never stopped skating, Jig: Rome, Selva Val Gardena, Merano, Oberst, ... simply, she is focusing on Sochi. Partly I am glad she was not in Merano, because this allowed Vale Marchei to win her 5th title. And Roberta Rodeghiero to reach the bronze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msadot View Post
    Ja, Shez seems to be still on. Hope she'll use Ave Maria as her Gala program, least for Sochi: could you "Imagine" Caro n Yuna skating the same song?
    In Selva (video disappeared) she skated Imagine wearing the Humoresque outfit.

AND... she never stopped skating, Jig: Rome, Selva Val Gardena, Merano, Oberst, ... simply, she is focusing on Sochi. Partly I am glad she was not in Merano, because this allowed Vale Marchei to win her 5th title. And Roberta Rodeghiero to reach the bronze.
    Mmmm as far as I know she didn't skate in Rome... She skated in Selva on the 27th after taking some break to heal and rest...
    She was in Rome just to attend Italian Olympic Committee celebrations for the upcoming Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8swan View Post
    Mmmm as far as I know she didn't skate in Rome...
    She never stopped training and skating. And obviously she paid a visit to "her" ice rink, Axel.

I said it and Alto Adige did not disappoint.

Pic with the most important person in her life: Ms. Mancini.
    In 500 sotto la pioggia al Mercatino per Carolina - Cronaca - Alto Adige http://bit.ly/1dQBLJC

MAYBE... Carolina: «Dopo Sochi potrei anche rallentare» - Sport - Alto Adige http://bit.ly/19EtngZ

I am a bit confused: according to the interview (Dec 30 Morning), she did not know whether to propose Shez or not; but in the evening she skated it.
    Last edited by msadot; 12-31-2013 at 09:53 AM.

vCash
    Her Ave Maria program is so stunning, I hope she skates it in Sochi. The dress in particular looks amazing on her and helps contribute to her seeming like she is floating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Her Ave Maria program is so stunning, I hope she skates it in Sochi. The dress in particular looks amazing on her and helps contribute to her seeming like she is floating
    Did you mean as the SP or LP?

vCash
    Oh no I meant in the gala (assuming she gets to skate in it)! Though it wouldn't make a bad competition program either.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Thank heavens for Carolina! She gives such grand life and emotion to everything she skates. There is a beauty and sophistication with her that I don't see with the other ladies, save Akiko Suzuki. They both connect so well with their music choices, as if the performance comes from their souls. I think I would be overcome with tears of joy if both Kostner and Suzuki managed to skate personal bests in Sochi. It would surely be my dream for the ladies division, along with a podium of Kostner, Suzuki, and Wagner.

vCash
    The Ave Maria program looked to me like a short program. She started straight away and went to 3T ( eventual 3t+3t ), the it looked like she was going around for 3lo but then did a spiral instead. I wouldnt be surprised if she has changed her sp to this ave maria.

Scheherazade is clearly staying. Saw some different choreography that i would like to see in the program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Thank heavens for Carolina! She gives such grand life and emotion to everything she skates. There is a beauty and sophistication with her that I don't see with the other ladies, save Akiko Suzuki. They both connect so well with their music choices, as if the performance comes from their souls. I think I would be overcome with tears of joy if both Kostner and Suzuki managed to skate personal bests in Sochi. It would surely be my dream for the ladies division, along with a podium of Kostner, Suzuki, and Wagner.

I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    The Ave Maria program looked to me like a short program. She started straight away and went to 3T ( eventual 3t+3t ), the it looked like she was going around for 3lo but then did a spiral instead. I wouldnt be surprised if she has changed her sp to this ave maria.

Scheherazade is clearly staying. Saw some different choreography that i would like to see in the program
    I hope she will use a different outfit for Schez

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Best she's interpreted the character of Scheherazade all season! Finally the seductive passion is coming out. I wish she'd trim a few more seconds from this edit and turn it into a SP. It'll be a lot more successful

vCash
    She has her mojo back! Major love on both performances.

And now if she would just land those jumps...

vCash
    RT @msKOSTNER: Domani 3 Gennaio, alle ore 21.10 non perdetevi la replica integrale di OPERA ON ICE 2013 su LA 5! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...53650905840024

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    RT @msKOSTNER: Domani 3 Gennaio, alle ore 21.10 non perdetevi la replica integrale di OPERA ON ICE 2013 su LA 5! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...53650905840024
    Translation please?

vCash
    with google translator:
    RT @ msKOSTNER: Tomorrow, January 3, 21:10 pm do not miss the replica integral OPERA ON ICE 2013 LA 5!

I've been wondering Opera On Ice affected her Grand Prix Series since it was too close to the Grand Prix events. Why do they hold this show in autumn every year? Since this is the show skaters need lots of hours to prepare for, they should schedule it much earlier.

vCash
    That was stunning! I have never seen her skate like that. I am just astounded.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    I've been wondering Opera On Ice affected her Grand Prix Series since it was too close to the Grand Prix events. Why do they hold this show in autumn every year? Since this is the show skaters need lots of hours to prepare for, they should schedule it much earlier.
    It can't be in August, because then it would clash with 'All That Skate Summer' (not this season, since the only 'All That Skate' show was at the end of June), then at the beginning of September there is usually the second edition of 'Fantasy on Ice' in Japan - of course, most of the skaters who skate in 'Opera on Ice' don't skate in those shows, but Lambiel (who is the second star of 'Opera on Ice' besides Carolina) does, also Shizuka Arakawa (she usually skates in 'Fantasy on Ice'). But perhaps that's not even the main reason, a more significant reason may be that there are other events at the arena of Verona that can't be scheduled in a different time. And there may be more reasons.

vCash
    Skaters do pre-season and in-season shows all the time, and Carolina used to compete at Nebelhorn in the past, which of course is right before the GP. I doubt Opera on Ice would have affected her preparation, she's a veteran competitor and knows what she's doing.

vCash
    Her manager, the most important person of her life, thought this show for her. The show is September and she begins to promote it in February, with usual monthly mentions. I'll tell you more: she attended galas in Sleva, Bozen and Oberstdorf. Well, he already signed the autographs for the fourth opera on ice.
    Also, there are shows in this period, too; with skaters busy in Nationals and Europeans and similar.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast