Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 561
  1. #241
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is she working on a 3flip3toe or a 3toe3toe in the free skate? I think the 2axel3toe is out of the question now that the three combos she is doing this season are on the flip, toe and sal.

    She is my favorite lady skater this season (and last).
    Well, she is practicing 3Flip/3Toe at official practices.

  2. #242
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    She could basically add a 3toe to either flip, lutz or toe in her free skate. I think she will be aiming for 3f3t though, as the 3flip is a good jump for her. The 3t comes rather late in the program and she might not want to risk it.

    I like that Carolina is slowly upgrading her technical content and not overdoing it and adding it all at once. She is clearly capable of doing all these 3-3s judging from her practices but I think she and Huth are wise in taking their time. It seems like they want her to peak technically later on in the season. I hope she can stay healthy and keep this going for this season and next

  3. #243
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have nothing against Carolina, but IMHO if another skater would skate the same exact program, the lower marks would be far less than 70 points... Name makes a big impression, which is fundamentally wrong.
    Have anyone noticed her lack of transitions? How about telegraphing her jumps? Hes jumps were not that solid for all those pluses. No steps, or difficult entrances, no height... Am I the only one who sees this?
    Yes she is soft, beautiful skater and great performer (have you seen any facial expression while she skates ever?) and she skated not difficult, yet clean set (no 3+3, only 4x3pl's 1x2A, 1x2S) which was enough to get her another title (Congratulations!!!). But 70.28 in lower marks for that? Let's be honest here! Would anyone without the name get the same treatment?
    Some stated that this is exactly what they are looking for in figure skating skating?
    Really?

  4. #244

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,934
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33055
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    I have nothing against Carolina, but IMHO if another skater would skate the same exact program, the lower marks would be far less than 70 points... Name makes a big impression, which is fundamentally wrong.
    Have anyone noticed her lack of transitions? How about telegraphing her jumps? Hes jumps were not that solid for all those pluses. No steps, or difficult entrances, no height... Am I the only one who sees this?
    Yes she is soft, beautiful skater and great performer (have you seen any facial expression while she skates ever?) and she skated not difficult, yet clean set (no 3+3, only 4x3pl's 1x2A, 1x2S) which was enough to get her another title (Congratulations!!!). But 70.28 in lower marks for that? Let's be honest here! Would anyone without the name get the same treatment?
    Some stated that this is exactly what they are looking for in figure skating skating?
    Really?
    I think you should take a look at the protocol for the FS. Her Transition mark was down on all the other components. So the judges have taken that into account. However transitions are also what comes out of the jumps and the quality of those and she had a lot of content exiting elements too which were also done to the music. Her other components reflected the quality of her performance and connection to the music. And whilst you may not find her engaging, many others, including myself do and it adds to her performance quality.

    Also she is getting more +1s than +2 on the jump elements so I can see may the lack of height being reflected in those GOEs. But you have to look at all aspects of the element for the GOE. The speed with which she goes into everything is pretty amazing which would be enough to give a +1 on her jumps alone.

    Yes another skater could have done that program (hey you could give a dance team T&D's Bolero) but it is the skater's individual expression, connection to music and their quality of movement that makes the program special. You cannot put that on a skater - it has to come from within the skater. In Carolina's case, I don't think any other skater could have done that program as well as she did because of what she invested of herself in it. That is why people are raving about it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,176
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^ and also jumping technique and form which Kostner is great at.

    Plus transition isn't always about the quantity of what you see going into and coming out of a jump, it's also the quality as well as the intangibles like going from a jump straight into a spin or entering the 3loop with a counter turn, etc.

  6. #246

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dailand
    Posts
    963
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    I have nothing against Carolina, but IMHO if another skater would skate the same exact program, the lower marks would be far less than 70 points... Name makes a big impression, which is fundamentally wrong.
    Have anyone noticed her lack of transitions? How about telegraphing her jumps? Hes jumps were not that solid for all those pluses. No steps, or difficult entrances, no height... Am I the only one who sees this?
    Yes she is soft, beautiful skater and great performer (have you seen any facial expression while she skates ever?) and she skated not difficult, yet clean set (no 3+3, only 4x3pl's 1x2A, 1x2S) which was enough to get her another title (Congratulations!!!). But 70.28 in lower marks for that? Let's be honest here! Would anyone without the name get the same treatment?
    Some stated that this is exactly what they are looking for in figure skating skating?
    Really?
    ^^^ This

    And no, you're not the only one!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kostner #1 Fan
    Posts
    453
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Carolina deserves the components she receives. Her skating are are second to none. Transitions could obviously be better. Performance+choreography+interpretation are far superior to any lady in the past decade (exception maybe for kwan)

    When executed to her ability her jumps are the best (exception for 3Lz and 3F with Yuna)

    I look forward to seeing her 3F+3T combo in competition. I think it would make all the haters shut up about low technical content

  8. #248
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I agree that she deserves those components and I am glad she finally broke the 9s at Euros. It took her long enough to receive those kind of PCS considering how good her skating skills and programs have always been. That became clear to me while I was in Zagreb watching the ladies. This is Liza & Adelina's first senior season and they already receive PCS in the low-mid 8s. Carolina had to work for those marks so hard and for so long! I am not saying that Liza and Adelina don't deserve those scores, I am just a little baffled by how fast some other skater's PCS increase.

    Carolina brings something special to the ice and that combined with her incredible skating skills and jumping technique makes her stand out and successful. She has the ability to make COP programs look special and unique which is very rare nowadays, and that IMO is the main key to her success. A lot of people in the figure skating scene regard her as one of the most interesting and creative skaters ever, and deservedly so.

    That being said, Carolina is not an "easy" skater to get. It is not like she is this pretty ice princess who is appealing to everyone at the very first sight. You actually have to look beyond to appreciate some of her amazing qualities. IMO the ladies' field will be missing something once she retires.

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    I agree that she deserves those components and I am glad she finally broke the 9s at Euros. It took her long enough to receive those kind of PCS considering how good her skating skills and programs have always been. That became clear to me while I was in Zagreb watching the ladies. This is Liza & Adelina's first senior season and they already receive PCS in the low-mid 8s. Carolina had to work for those marks so hard and for so long! I am not saying that Liza and Adelina don't deserve those scores, I am just a little baffled by how fast some other skater's PCS increase.

    Carolina brings something special to the ice and that combined with her incredible skating skills and jumping technique makes her stand out and successful. She has the ability to make COP programs look special and unique which is very rare nowadays, and that IMO is the main key to her success. A lot of people in the figure skating scene regard her as one of the most interesting and creative skaters ever, and deservedly so.

    That being said, Carolina is not an "easy" skater to get. It is not like she is this pretty ice princess who is appealing to everyone at the very first sight. You actually have to look beyond to appreciate some of her amazing qualities. IMO the ladies' field will be missing something once she retires.
    You may be correct. Yet the competition was supposed to be a sporting event judged by referees that should go by some rules that we all have access to and should apply to everyone equally. Again, I have nothing against Carolinas skating, I only pointed out that if anyone else would have skated exactly the same, the lower marks would have never be close to 70... We should not earn points based on names, prior skating history or based on or off ice presence.
    We should not fall in love with a skater and state "she deserves it" and judge him/her that way. Again, she skated very nice, but not close to 70.23 for lower marks which we all know it helped her to a another title.

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    Again, I have nothing against Carolinas skating, I only pointed out that if anyone else would have skated exactly the same, the lower marks would have never be close to 70...
    No one else would have received 70 for for it because no one else even has the ability to skate and present it as well as Carolina did.

  11. #251

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6669
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Carolina deserves the components she receives. Her skating are are second to none. Transitions could obviously be better. Performance+choreography+interpretation are far superior to any lady in the past decade (exception maybe for kwan)

    When executed to her ability her jumps are the best (exception for 3Lz and 3F with Yuna)

    I look forward to seeing her 3F+3T combo in competition. I think it would make all the haters shut up about low technical content
    This.
    Carolina deserves 10s in PE, SS and IN. What she does with blade and interpretation is as superior to the rest of the field as V/M and D/W are superior to the rest of Dance. I like many other current Ladies, some deserve great PCS, but Carolina is just on another level.
    improving my ballad- like lines

  12. #252

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,334
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    You may be correct. Yet the competition was supposed to be a sporting event judged by referees that should go by some rules that we all have access to and should apply to everyone equally. Again, I have nothing against Carolinas skating, I only pointed out that if anyone else would have skated exactly the same, the lower marks would have never be close to 70... We should not earn points based on names, prior skating history or based on or off ice presence.
    We should not fall in love with a skater and state "she deserves it" and judge him/her that way. Again, she skated very nice, but not close to 70.23 for lower marks which we all know it helped her to a another title.
    sorry if you can't see it, Brian Orser said this program was so perfect and there is no skater in the world who can skate it like Carolina did. Her pics were all deserved, she should have get more.
    I think this program is a masterpiece and like PJ Kwong said Kostner's free program to Ravel's Bolero for me is head and shoulders above everybody else's this season, for which we can thank Lori Nichol.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...europeans.html
    and like Urmanov I think the score for the components which she gets is absolutely justified
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...13697665347647

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Apparently Carolina will participate in Challange Cup The Hague again before Worlds! Link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    This has not been comfirmed from her side yet though.

  14. #254

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,934
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33055
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    I think this program is a masterpiece and like PJ Kwong said Kostner's free program to Ravel's Bolero for me is head and shoulders above everybody else's this season, for which we can thank Lori Nichol.
    I wasn't quite convinced the first time I saw Bolero but the more I watch it the more I definitely think Kostner has nailed it. And her SP is quite stunning.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  15. #255
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Carolina turns 26 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's official now, Carolina will compete at Challenge Cup The Hague this weekend: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

    Apparently Lori Nichol was in Oberstdorf last week and I am pretty sure they added some final touches to her programs that she wants to try out in competition before Worlds.

  17. #257

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,569
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42553
    Clean SP (3Lo, 3T+3T, 2A, L4 on steps & 2 of 3 spins) by Carolina today in The Hague and she leads with 72.81.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  18. #258
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ Weeeeeee! Can't wait to see a video of this performance! Protocols: http://kunstrijden.knsb.nl/2012-2013..._SP_Scores.pdf

  19. #259
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,255
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    This.
    Carolina deserves 10s in PE, SS and IN. What she does with blade and interpretation is as superior to the rest of the field as V/M and D/W are superior to the rest of Dance. I like many other current Ladies, some deserve great PCS, but Carolina is just on another level.
    Right on . . . I definitely agree!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Clean SP (3Lo, 3T+3T, 2A, L4 on steps & 2 of 3 spins) by Carolina today in The Hague and she leads with 72.81.
    WHEEEEEEE! GOOOOOOO CARO!!!

  20. #260

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,543
    vCash
    265
    Rep Power
    977
    I can't wait to see a video of Carolina's SP!

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •