Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 561
  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Here is an interview with Carolina that was aired yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXpkc...ature=youtu.be

    She said she watched her teammates compete at the Grand Prix and sometimes missed not being there but in the end she enjoyed her longer break. She enjoyed watching some skating on TV once ;-)
    She got her programs choreographed by Lori Nichol in September only (a couple of months later than usual) and she still has some work to do.
    The Bolero has always been on her mind but she never felt that she was "ready" enough and had the courage to skate to it. And even now in practice, it is a very challenging piece to skate to.
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to seeing Caro's interpretation of Bolero.

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kostner #1 Fan
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Carolina is on the entry List for Golden Spin in Zagreb. Other big name skaters on the entry list are Yuna Kim, Adelina Sotnikova, Valentina Marchei and Jenna Mckorkell

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Carolina is on the entry List for Golden Spin in Zagreb. Other big name skaters on the entry list are Yuna Kim, Adelina Sotnikova, Valentina Marchei and Jenna Mckorkell
    Great, thanks for the news! Where did you find the entry list?
    This means Carolina will have two competitions before Euros (Golden Spin & Nationals). I hope there will be videos of Golden Spin, I can't wait to see her new programs!

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kostner #1 Fan
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Great, thanks for the news! Where did you find the entry list?
    This means Carolina will have two competitions before Euros (Golden Spin & Nationals). I hope there will be videos of Golden Spin, I can't wait to see her new programs!
    The entry list is on the golden spin official website http://www.croskate.hr/zlatna-pirueta/
    \

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    The entry list is on the golden spin official website http://www.croskate.hr/zlatna-pirueta/
    \
    Thank you! I wonder if Yuna will really skate there? Doesn't she debut at NRW Trophy in the beginning of December?
    If she competes at Golden Spin as well, the competition would be

    Good luck to Carolina, I hope she can continue her momentum from last season and I can't wait to see what Lori and her came up with!

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Happy to hear Caroline is still competing. She 's a beautiful skater. Good luck to Caroline on her competitions.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6669
    I hope Carolina comes to Golden Spin. I miss her a lot.
    improving my ballad- like lines

  8. #148

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL & Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    286
    I heard Yuna Kim will compete in Golden Spin just in case she could not go to NRW Trophy.
    Last edited by seabm7; 11-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,353
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3933
    LOL, Golden Spin will be the most anticipated competition of the season, more so than GPF

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So funny story - I'm actually going to be learning Mozart Piano Concerto in A Major (the one that Carolina used for her Free Skate) for a competition!

  11. #151

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    Posts
    5,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33955
    Having Caro (and her wonderful, modern dance approach to skating) back would definitely help matters. Ladiezzz have been very uninspired so far this season. Adding YuNa into the mix couldn't hurt, either.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Change of topic: Voting for the US Sports Academy's Female Athlete of the Year has begun. Carolina is one of the nominess, you can submit your vote for her here: http://ussa.edu/ballots/athlete-of-the-year/#

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,335
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Change of topic: Voting for the US Sports Academy's Female Athlete of the Year has begun. Carolina is one of the nominess, you can submit your vote for her here: http://ussa.edu/ballots/athlete-of-the-year/#
    you can vote as many times as you wont. Would be cool to get her to be the athlete of the Year. I don't know but I didn't find a skating athlete winning this award, and non Italian athlete winning this, so, that would be great

    changing topic
    YuNa said she has this comp as a back up in case she don't get the minimum score

  14. #154

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,399
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    68873

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Thank you! This is the same interview that was aired a couple of weeks ago, isn't it?

    Carolina will make her season's debut next weekend. I can't wait!

  16. #156

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Caro has revealed her music choices for 2012/2013:

    SHORT PROGRAM: A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & IL TRILLO DEL DIAVOLO
    "A Transylvanian Lullaby" (Young Frankenstein)
    Composer: John Morris
    Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
    &
    "Il Trillo del Diavolo/The Devil's Trill"
    Composer: Tartini
    Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pietà

    FREE PROGRAM: BOLERO
    Composer: M. Ravel
    Conductor: Andre Previn
    Via Twitter: Carolina landed 3Lo, 3T+3T and 2A in her SP at Golden Skate of Zagreb and scored 64.99 (event still in progress).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Via Twitter: Carolina landed 3Lo, 3T+3T and 2A in her SP at Golden Skate of Zagreb and scored 64.99 (event still in progress).
    Great start!

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    YES! I can't wait to see a video of this program, hopefully someone recorded it!

    Although I have to say for a clean skate that is still kind of a low score, she probably missed some levels. Will have to wait and see for the protocol :-)

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    YES! I can't wait to see a video of this program, hopefully someone recorded it!

    Although I have to say for a clean skate that is still kind of a low score, she probably missed some levels. Will have to wait and see for the protocol :-)
    According to sky_fly20 on GS, she stepped out of 3 loop

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    According to sky_fly20 on GS, she stepped out of 3 loop
    Oh thanks, that might explain it then! Good skate for her though for her first SP of the season! I imagine she might have missed some levels on the spins too, she usually starts out with low levels early in the season.

    Can't wait for the long tomorrow!

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •