Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Whether all of us like it or not, the judging system as it exists, is about maximizing points in the most efficient way possible.
    As long as Patrick has a team which can help him accomplish that, he'll be fine.

He's proven himself capable thus far!

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Mr. Nicks will not be coaching Patrick Chan.

Back on topic... I believe Mr. Nicks may still be involved in helping out with Marley/Brubaker even though Todd Sand and Jenni Meno are their primary coaches now.

Leah Keiser still has Christa Fassi listed as her secondary coach in her profile, so I assume she could travel with Keiser if she receives a JGP assignment, for example, and Mr. Nicks is not available.

ETA this excerpt from the April 12, 2012 IceNetwork article about Courtney Hicks switching to Ken Congemi as her primary coach:
    Hicks said she will continue to work with choreographer Phillip Mills and will take lessons from Nicks once a week, but Congemi will be her primary coach.
    "It was hard to leave Mr. Nicks," Hicks said. "It's not as bad because I'm going to still be working with him, but I'm pretty much going to be [in El Segundo] every day."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-28-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Whether all of us like it or not, the judging system as it exists, is about maximizing points in the most efficient way possible.
    As long as Patrick has a team which can help him accomplish that, he'll be fine.

He's proven himself capable thus far!
    Most certainly. Patrick will be just fine, no matter how the cookie crumbles. And he definitely has no need to worry about maximizing points -- for that he needs no compass. It's been proven by the judges' scoring time and time again. When it comes to improving his artistry and musical interpretation, well, it certainly helps Chan to have Kathy Johnson and Jeff Buttle on his team.

I agree with you Sylvia that Nicks is not on Chan's radar as far as a coach, nor do I feel that Chan is in Nicks sights either. Obviously, just a fanciful notion brought forward way OT.

vCash
    He reminds me of my Grandfather, who was from West Bridgeford Nottingham, England. His sense of humor is the same. I really like him and he always seems to work so well with his students. Congratulations he definitely deserves the win!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    BTW, Nicks was interviewed by manleywoman on episode #15 of her skatecast.
    Thanks for the shoutout! Here's a link to the interview. He's a very interesting guy.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Congrats!! to a rare and gifted individual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12