Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/21079/

The cunning new system

EV: Even though their components are not considered high?
    AS: As a judge I can't say their components are not high. For instance, what is `performance'? It's the energy the skater projects to the crowd. No one can compare to Joubert and Pluschenko in that. Both their dancing ability is quite high. Joubert's weakest component were always the transactions, but he took it very seriously this year and worked on that. Or at least hid it well enough. After Pluschenko's skate in the Europeans I saw many people in tears. I wanted just to stand up and take my hat off.
    This is not an accurate translation - part about the "transitions" is related to Plushenko....
    Слабым звеном нашего фигуриста всегда были связующие шаги между элементами, но должна сказать, что в этом сезоне он подошел к своей подготовке очень серьезно и практически устранил этот недостаток.

"Transitions between elements always were our skater (Plushenko)'s weak link, but this season he took it very seriously and practically eliminate this weakness."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyta View Post
    This is not an accurate translation - part about the "transitions" is related to Plushenko....
    Слабым звеном нашего фигуриста всегда были связующие шаги между элементами, но должна сказать, что в этом сезоне он подошел к своей подготовке очень серьезно и практически устранил этот недостаток.

"Transitions between elements always were our skater (Plushenko)'s weak link, but this season he took it very seriously and practically eliminate this weakness."

Hm.. I assumed the `our' skater was the skater they were talking about so far, which is Joubert, but reading your entepritation it seems right. Thanks!

vCash
    Thanks for translating. TAHbKA!

vCash
    That was one courageous interviewer. Ms. Shehovtsova seems like a rather prickly individual.

Thanks for the translation.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Since her husband is the Federation, many of her answers amounted to "Ask my husband."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    [QUOTE=TAHbKA;3544013
    AS: The home judge is not only needed to give a higher mark, but because he can promote the skaters among the other judges. Just like we used to do. I remember in one of the competitions I was blamed for national bias. I explained it was not a national bias, but a national understanding of the ice dance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the sport definitely needs more of THAT.

vCash
    Ms. Shehovtsova ... Is on a mission, maybe a impossible one, but NEVER the less a mission

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Hm.. I assumed the `our' skater was the skater they were talking about so far, which is Joubert, but reading your entepritation it seems right. Thanks!
    In whole the paragraph, she was talking about both skaters - so I dont know why you could do such mistake...

Anyway, please, fix your translation - people mostly read only translated text, and do not pay attention to the rest of topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12