Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    The Shibs unfortunately aren't mega impressive as far as their basics go (barely moving twizzles, generally smallish skating), but they have nice unison and they rarely make serious mistakes. They need different, more inventive choreography.
    yes i think they are technically not very good. (lifts and other elements very very good actually.) i mean their stepsq didn't look fast and big, especially in SD. and their skating looks little apart to me, even in the dance holds. maybe exceptional one are V&M. they are skating close.

İn the Shibs FD a lot of holds like they did at 2.07 i don't know its supposed to like that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzS4ydTBfd0

my first language isn't english. sorry if i did a mistake.

vCash
    Putting on the Former Dance Judge hat, their skating skills and basics are sublime - not sure what else to say about that. It's the choreo and stylistic growth that needs help, as many others have mentioned. I love the idea of trying Platov for choreo.

vCash
    i've read multiple times on this board that Zoueva and Shpilband dont want/allow their students to get outside choreography. if it's true, it's very frustrating. im not a fan of Schibutanis nor Davis-White, but its always a pity to see much talent being wasted this way. even though both teams are most likely fine with her artistic guide.
    i hope Worlds were a wake up call for Zoueva, as it seems that Krylova and Camerlengo are the real coaching stars now.

vCash
    Would I be young, I'd go instantly to Carol Lane. I have a feeling one of her teams is gonna be the next "it" and her school with it. I see noone else with fresher ideas than hers.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Sit out for the year it takes to switch countries, then represent Japan in the Olympic year. I was totally joking when I thought of that, but if they actually did do that, they could have an excellent shot at an OGM in the team event.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Would I be young, I'd go instantly to Carol Lane. I have a feeling one of her teams is gonna be the next "it" and her school with it. I see noone else with fresher ideas than hers.
    I second this. With the technical difficulty that they've gained from being with Zoueva and Shpilband, the next important thing is to find the right package.

I thought one of the most charming FDs this year was Gilles/Poirier's Imagine/Sweet Dreams FD. Granted it was conceived by Chris Dean- but still the other programs coming out of that group have the same originality -plus allowing outside choreographers is always a plus in terms of letting new ideas flow in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Sit out for the year it takes to switch countries, then represent Japan in the Olympic year. I was totally joking when I thought of that, but if they actually did do that, they could have an excellent shot at an OGM in the team event.....
    best Idea of them all
    Compete for Japan !

vCash
    Will USA federation lets them to switch country?
    I think they need to learn a lot off things, improve there skating and presentetion. They are so young - they have to do this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Will USA federation lets them to switch country?
    I think they need to learn a lot off things, improve there skating and presentetion. They are so young - they have to do this.
    I believe that they would have to sit out 2 seasons if they are switching countries under recent-ish ISU rule changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Please don't take it the wrong way, but are you saying this seriously or jokingly? I'm assuming the latter.

vCash
    I agree that the Lane group has some of the freshest ideas. The programs coming out of that camp are some of the only ones that surprise me in both concept, music choices, and movement.

Not sure what the Shibs necessarily have to do. But I have a music idea! I love imagining them skating to Howl's Moving Castle theme song by Joe Hisiashi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owddukdxFv4

vCash
    I am clearly missing something. I'd love to see Ralph and Hill leave and don't recommend the Shibutanis go there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post
    I believe that they would have to sit out 2 seasons if they are switching countries under recent-ish ISU rule changes.
    Singles skaters have to wait two years, but I believe pair/ dance skaters only have to wait one. Because they have Japanese citizenship (because of their parents), USFS would not be able to hold them back. Not that this would ever happen. It would just be really cool if they could compete in the team event for Japan.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Alex Shibutani has to decide by his 22nd birthday, 25 April 2013, between citizenships, according to Japanese law. (US law doesn't care.) One way or the other, after that time, he's ineligible to skate in the Olympics for the other country. Maia Shibutani doesn't have to decide until 2016.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123