View Poll Results: What is your fav. Discipline?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freestyle Skating

32 43.84%
  • Pairs Skating

14 19.18%
  • Ice-Dancing (Partnership)

31 42.47%
  • Ice-Dancing (Solo)

3 4.11%
  • Synchronized Skating

3 4.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Your Fav. Figure Skating Discipline Poll...

Ok everyone!!! I just thought I'd check in with everyone here today,about what their fav. Disciplines in Skating are...and find out which majority of our Members are Fans of each Discipline. Please include what makes you a Fan of your choice(s). If you are also a Skater..please also include if you YOURSELF are a Skater in your choice(s). I chose Pairs Skating,Ice-Dancing,and Synchronized Skating. As what makes ME a Fan of all 3 is a Pairs Skater's ticks,an Ice-Dance Team's Gracefulness,and a Synchronized Skating Team's Lifts....Anybody else?
    Last edited by FSWer; 05-23-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    I'm not a skater, but I picked ice dance (couples). I find the programs thematically more interesting, especially the free dances. The fact that vocals are used make them more interesting, too, I think.

vCash
    I voted for Freestyle (= single) skating. Overall I enjoy it the most when watching competitive skating, but I'm also doing it myself (well, kind of - veeeeery low level of course. )

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    When I first started watching skating, I was only into singles skaters. Then I saw some of the tricks the pairs could do and got into that as well. Eventually I gave in and started watching dance as well. I voted for freestyle as I enjoy the singles skaters the most, I marvel how when one person can combine both the artistry and athleticism to such a high degree, both intertwined. I'm specifically thinking of the current male skater who might be better not to name...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I have always loved pairs, singles, and ice dance, but pairs was almost always my most favorite discipline, That changed with COP. Now I like mens singles skating the most, then ladies, then ice dance, and pairs is my least favorite discipline. However, if a pair comes along that I really like, that could change. I have skated only singles, and not competitively.

I have never been a fan of sychronized skating, although I have enjoyed it occasionally. I never cared for solo ice dancing.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Singles. Ladies. (Where is Beyonce LOL?)
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady