vCash

IJS Software question - for US Prelim-Bronze dances

Does anyone here have particularly updates for the ISUCalc software so you can include dances like Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango, etc?

I was thinking someone in the US or Canada might have these as those dances are done there and I would daresay judged with the sequences.

We could judge them under just components but if we could do sequences that would be much better.

If you have them or can put me onto someone who has them I would much appreciate it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Hi AW

US Figure Skating just released TN 96 last week which is meant to be used with the latest US Version of IceCalc that was released at the same time. This new version allows for lower level events to use IJS if so desired by the competition organizers.

I believe that they keep the software behind thier "Members Only" wall. I would suggest that you have the Austrailian federation request a copy to try from US Figure Skating.

It should work for the dances you are asking about.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the information. We actually have the ISA AGM so it will be the perfect time to talk about this. They had been talking about our lower levels like the bunny hops and stuff but I am not sure this has been developed yet.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    I believe that they keep the software behind thier "Members Only" wall. I would suggest that you have the Austrailian federation request a copy to try from US Figure Skating.
    IceCalc is indeed posted behind the firewall; it was updated last week. Honestly, having the Australian federation contact U.S. Figure Skating isn't going to get you anywhere in the next decade; I'd suggest having the appropriate person from the Australian federation contact U.S. Figure Skating and specifically request to be put in touch with Bill Whalen. I'm not sure if he's still the person in charge of writing the updates to IceCalc, but he's the current chair of Accounting, definitely the person you want to speak with, and most absolutely tremendously awesome.

vCash
    I can almost assure you that if the request comes in from the Austrailian Federation to US Figure Skating that it will be handled quicker than a decade.

The Austrailian federation will make the request directly to the top of US Figure Skating . While the gentleman that 5Ali3 referenced is a great guy he is several layers down on the pyamid of the organization structure and would need to get approval from the layers above him to release the software. Like with any organization pushing things up the ladder is slower than starting at the top.

Aussie Willie with both AGM's coming up soon (US Figure Skating's is next week), have your people contact our people and I am sure that it will be worked out before ISU Congress.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    BTW, thanks for pointing out the existence and purpose of Technical Notification 96! I subsequently bumped up an old thread to add relevant links as a follow-up post to an animated discussion about the application of IJS to non-qualifying and/or lower level competitions: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...68#post3554968
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    If you are looking for the pattern dances with sections for US Dances Preliminary through Bronze, go to the Technical Information section/Ice Dancing on their website- 5th bullet down is this link Pattern Dance Diagrams with Sections and SOV Table. It should have what you are looking for.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

vCash
    Thanks everyone for their help on this. I have a few people that I can talk to here at ISA level and will be attending the AGM myself as our state delegate. It would seem silly to reinvent the wheel.