Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    LOVE Kukhar, LOVE her. The Russian and German Feds should build a shrine to her for all the medals her skaters have, and will continue to, win thanks to her fantastic coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    LOVE Kukhar, LOVE her. The Russian and German Feds should build a shrine to her for all the medals her skaters have, and will continue to, win thanks to her fantastic coaching.
    Taso, you crawl out from your cave once in 3 years to post a tribute to Kukhar?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    I think Ingo Steuer (and other coaches) would disagree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I think Ingo Steuer (and other coaches) would disagree with you.
    I actually disagree here. I suspect that Ingo understands full well what a great job Galina did with Aliona and Tatiana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I actually disagree here. I suspect that Ingo understands full well what a great job Galina did with Aliona and Tatiana.
    Especially is regards to Aliona, Ingo had far more to do with her success than Galina did. She only coached V/M for 3 seasons before they went to Germany and they improved greatly under him because of him. There is only so far a former coach can take credit until they need to give current coaches their proper due.

vCash
    Both Aliona and Tatiana have good basics and jumps and that definitely didn't come from Ingo or Mozer.

It's unfortunate for Galina that none of Aliona, Tatiana or Deputat could stay with her but it does speak to her level of skill that they are quite successful internationally at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Especially is regards to Aliona, Ingo had far more to do with her success than Galina did. She only coached V/M for 3 seasons before they went to Germany and they improved greatly under him because of him. There is only so far a former coach can take credit until they need to give current coaches their proper due.
    Giving Galina her due doesn't take away from Steur in anyway. I doubt nobody appreciates more the work Galina did, then Aliona and Tatiana's current coaches and partners. Galina worked with Aliona since she was 7, who do think pretty much taught Aliona how to skate and taught her pairs? And Tatiana since she was 14, (where do you think Tatiana learned pairs) Tatiana and Aliona were tauted as HUGE talents long before they went to their current coaches, and it was because Galina gave them fabulous basics. Those two girls could have been successful with any good partner/coaching team because of the great foundation Galina gave them.

Steur is a fabulous coach, but no doubt that Ingo knew he hit a gold mine when he got his hands on Aliona, and he was clearly hoping for another gold mine when he got a hold of Tatiana. I have no doubt his hope when he took on V/M was absolutely to find another partner for Tatiana. When a coach eagerly takes on students of another coach, that suggests strong respect for the work of the previous coach. And once again three years, doesn't count in the fact that Tatiana worked with Galina, with other partners too.
    Last edited by bek; 04-13-2012 at 10:45 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I give Morosov credit for both women as well. It sounds like he was trying to figure things out from an early age, and he was one of Volosozhar's coaches before he came out of retirement to compete with her because Deputat was 13 and there was no one else with whom she could compete.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Taso, you crawl out from your cave once in 3 years to post a tribute to Kukhar?
    Yes Gotta give her my

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12