Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Links to event articles and photo galleries: http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=68273

vCash
    Congrats to manleywoman and all the other FSU competitors! Wish I could have been there-- maybe next year. Anyone know where adult natls. will be next year?

Also, is Icenetwork going to have any videos soon? Nothing's there now.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by livetoskate View Post
    Congrats to manleywoman and all the other FSU competitors! Wish I could have been there-- maybe next year. Anyone know where adult natls. will be next year?
    Apparently Colorado Springs was mentioned as a possibility, but bids aren't due until June, I think, so we won't know for quite a while.

As for videos, hopefully soon!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    for FSU champions!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Are there any video links for those not in the States? I think I would enjoy watching the adults skate, I always remember when my daughter was little on th epublic ice there was this woman in her 50's who was quite magical on the ice - i could have watched her all day I'm in awe of those of you who skate, great job
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    They will be on Ice Network - not sure if that's available non-US. Some people buy videos and post them on YouTube. I didn't buy any of mine, although I did buy Ice Network for the first time in a long time. I get to see all three of my events (plus the last few years which I haven't seen because I haven't bought Ice Network) and it's cheaper than buying the video for just one event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Are there any video links for those not in the States? I think I would enjoy watching the adults skate, I always remember when my daughter was little on th epublic ice there was this woman in her 50's who was quite magical on the ice - i could have watched her all day I'm in awe of those of you who skate, great job
    Adult Nationals are in Canada too. Come watch us!
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Adult Nationals are in Canada too. Come watch us!
    I will.. I seriously would love to watch I have only ever worked with children and young adults professionally so haven't had any exposure at all to the adult skating community.. keep me posted when they are next year
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I love seeing these inspirational skaters on public or club ice. Even if I get a little scared for their safety. Great job to those of you who skate and if your health won't allow it, then great job for supporting those inspirational skaters.

vCash
    sk8er1964 had some lovely expression-filled dances (I caught the Foxtrot) as well as had such a blast during her free skate -- it would have made any of you smile, as you can tell how much she loves to skate that program.

manleywoman rocked her freeskate -- she had such an improvement over sectionals the month before, and I'm really proud of how quickly she's making her comeback after becoming a mother this past year. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Congratulations, manleywoman, sk8er1964, and Rochelle!!! And any other AN competitors who may be lurking
    Awww, who are you overedge and ChellC (feel free to private message that)? Do I know you in real life?

I know who Manleywoman and sk8er1964 are, but not you two. I didn't even know anyone KNEW on this board that I was competing at ANs, aside from those two and a couple of posters who haven't chimed in on this thread yet... but I guess Slyvia does know my last name -- so thanks for the shout out, Syliva!

Any USFS adult skaters reading this and considering attening Adult Nationals -- JUST DO IT! Give it a try once. It's not for everyone (especially, um, that whole nerve wracking competition part), but overall it's such an inspiring, supportive, social environment that everyone should give it a try once if they are a Bronze or higher skater. Please contact any of us for more information, and we can fill you in on the details.

My news:

I won my Gold Ladies 1 Free Skate event with a personal best score (but not a personal best skate... ha... thank you PCS boost!).

Took home a silver in Masters 1 Ladies Dramatic/Artistic Interp in an event against skaters with higher freeskates (Intermediate-Senior) or higher dances (completed Gold dance test or even internationals), so I was exceptionally excited about that. (I have a completed PreGold Standard Dance test as of December 2011, which puts me in this level).

Also took 5th (after a 4th place tie breaker) out of 16 in Gold Solo Dance which was an extreme surprise to me. I've won Silver the past two years at ANs and qualified for 2011 National Solo Dance Championships in PreGold against the kiddies, but I only have my PreGold dance test and there are some AMAZINGLY talented, beautiful dancers in this level. I'm thrilled! I was going for "not last" in that event. Starlight Waltz and Argentine Tango, solo, back to back, are a pretty grueling combination!

I came in 7th in Championship Gold Ladies FS with an "ehhhh" skate -- an event which I qualified for by winning Midwestern Sectionals.

vCash
    Outstanding Rochelle....congrats on your fine haul.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Wow Rochelle, I didn't know you skated in four events! I only did my one! I've been considering doing solo dance. Perhaps next year.

And yes, I second Rochelle's comments that every US adult skater really should come and give it a try. It's a blast.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Congratulations, Rochelle!

I'll probably never compete FS again, but maybe someday if I ever get an Interp (or whatever they're calling it now) program....who knows. Especially now that they've separated Bronze from Silver skaters in that event.

Right now, though, I really want to pass Gold MIF. Although I have started jumping again, a little.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    sk8er1964 had some lovely expression-filled dances (I caught the Foxtrot) as well as had such a blast during her free skate -- it would have made any of you smile, as you can tell how much she loves to skate that program.
    My Foxtrot was a bit this time around, what with four patterns. The first time I ever tried four patterns was on practice ice that morning! I know I wasn't alone in my horror of having to do four patterns. My Tango was a good one, thankfully.

And yes, I do love that freestyle program. I designed it to bring me out of my comfort zone, which was heavier Russian classical music with no interation with the audience or judges. I think this program is about as far away from that style as possible. One of the reasons I wanted to do this was that I traditionally had technical in the higher ranks, but PCS in the basement. This time around my PCS was fourth in my gold event - took three years but mission accomplished!

Now, I will retire this program and actually work within the IJS system a bit better. I need to bring my tech back up, and work with someone who knows the system much better than I do to maximize points. I'm thinking of doing a 180 and doing something with a heavier emotion, now that I know how to interact with those watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    ...But I'm also looking forward to meeting this guy, who is the newest member of our crazy adult skating ranks. He also happens to be the hairdresser ...
    Thanks for this. I'm booking a hair appointment with this new hero...with a BRONZE medal! So happy for him!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Congrats all FSUers - especially the manleywoman and the sk8er1964!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123