Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    It's great that Johnny posts these training videos! I love to see how he is doing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    I thought it was RFAD
    haha, the soundtrack of drug addicts.. always makes me laugh.

vCash
    Wouldn't it be funny if at the end of the day, Weir and Lysacek end up being the mens competitors for the US at Sochi?
    Now that would be a dream come true!

vCash
    Same grace, same flow over the ice, same beautiful carriage and body positioning. Looks good!

vCash
    The first half was something else, not RFAD.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Give me "The Swan" and "Otonel" with 4T-3T combos and transitions IN COMPETITION and I will be impressed. Otherwise, I've moved on to Chan, whom you refer to as the "young boy", old man, and Fernandez.

vCash
    He looks a bit heavy and not reactive enough, though elegant.

vCash
    Good for Johnny, he is looking good. YAY!!!!

vCash
    Wouldn't it be funny if at the end of the day, Weir and Lysacek end up being the mens competitors for the US at Sochi?
    haha, that would be just FAB!

the first quad looks suspicious, but that 4-3-2 combo is impressive. I really didn't expect it. but I really hope it was just a background music, not the music he plans to use in competition. RFAD and Sarabande - plz no!

vCash

<

Looks a little under rotated in both, he likes to hook out of his harder jumps.
    Also, it's a whole other ball game doing it in a solo.

vCash
    Oh, Johnny looking really good this early in the "new" season! Looks like he'll have plenty of time to recover his technical ability and get comfortable with his programs before the fall season starts. I wonder if he'll do some summer competitions to ease back into the competitive scene. Maybe an early treat for fans. I wonder if he'll get any GP besides SA -- I'm assuming that USFSA has sufficiently gotten over any past hiccups to be supportive of Johnny's return?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I love Johnny and am over the moon over seeing him jumping well but he is not skating to this dreck...is he? Please, someone tell me it isn't true!!!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I love Johnny and am over the moon over seeing him jumping well but he is not skating to this dreck...is he? Please, someone tell me it isn't true!!!!
    Seriously, hasn't he been a russophil long enough to know it is not just about being fatalistically depressing. That's more Galina's influence. ... Russian is about working hard at being disinterestedly ironically poetically fatalistically depressing.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 04-12-2012 at 04:05 AM.

vCash
    I love Sarabande in the first video, the music is beautiful. Compared to the crap many skate to these days, it's wonderful!

RFAD would not be my first choice, but it would be interesting to see what he does with it.

Quadless
    vCash
    This is just my hunch, but I kind of doubt that Johnny would casually reveal his music by just having it playing in the background of a short video clip posted on the net. I think it's more likely that the music is just what they were playing in the rink at the time.

Plus - wasn't the trio he did with Melissa and Dennis to Sarabande Suite? Not sure he'd re-use that music; seems more likely that he just likes it and happened to be playing it.
    Last edited by BittyBug; 04-12-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    ^^^Please be right about this, BittyBug, please please... This music has nothing to do with the magnificent Russian musical tradition, depressing or otherwise.

This is just awful
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    I love Sarabande in the first video, the music is beautiful. Compared to the crap many skate to these days, it's wonderful!
    Ah, yes. That's what the first piece is. I don't think I've heard that particular version before.

Plus - wasn't the trio he did with Melissa and Dennis to Sarabande Suite?
    You're right! I've heard that Globus piece so many times and I never made the connection in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Oh, Johnny looking really good this early in the "new" season! Looks like he'll have plenty of time to recover his technical ability and get comfortable with his programs before the fall season starts. I wonder if he'll do some summer competitions to ease back into the competitive scene. Maybe an early treat for fans. I wonder if he'll get any GP besides SA -- I'm assuming that USFSA has sufficiently gotten over any past hiccups to be supportive of Johnny's return?
    My impression is that USFSA-Weir relations have never been better.

vCash
    Wheeee – Johnny is really coming back!

When I saw threads about it I always thought it’s not serious or rumours. I’m so happy! I missed his skating. True, he might have lacked transitions in his programmes but then I loved his flow, elegance and the classical programmes highlighting his elements in a puristic way, i.e. with elements not done in a rush and programmes that didn’t look heavily overloaded like it can be seen so often in the CoP-era.

And I also like the idea of him skating to Sarabande! Can’t wait for the new season to start.

vCash
    4T<< and I agree about his hooked landings. IMO he turns, albeit very quickly, on the toe during the landing so I would downgrade. That being said, it is an exciting 3-jump comb to go after.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast