Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    What a great way to end the season! I wasn't even nervous waiting for the scores--well, not much any way. They had clearly done enough.

I love this event!

vCash
    Excellent job! I am so glad I woke up to see this performance of Die Fledermaus live! It was well worth it. The audience bursted with applause and cheer at the end and the judges rewarded them with marks they so deserved, beating out their competition technically and artistically (by a country mile). I can't help but wish this result had happened at Worlds - but I'll take it. This resounding victory bodes well for them in the coming years and I am especially encouraged about their prospects for earning the OGM!

vCash
    Wow, so wish D/W had gotten these scores at Worlds (as they should have). It wasn't the levels here either...V/M actually had a 1.5 advantage in the base value of the tech score...the GOEs did it...D/W had all 2 and 3s (the rotational lift had all 3s) and V/M had quite a few 1s thrown in there. PCS...D/W all the way. 17 10s (V/M had 3) D/W had near perfect scores in Interpretation/Timing and Performance (9.96 in both).

Just a great skate all around for them, in the final step sequence you could feel their joy and abandon and the audience just went along with them. It was fabulous and I'm so happy for them.

So psyched for next season already...I love ubering for a team that never gives in and always gives one hundred percent.

Oh, and I believe Scott made another faux pas in the k&C...
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie!! They truly saved the best (of the best) for last!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I was a good uber this time and got up for the FD. So glad I did! This was worth it. Meryl and Charlie were fantastic...such a great ending to the season with a joyful dance to Die Fledermaus. The audience loved it...cheers and flowers and a full standing O. And wow, great score, they ended up almost 5 pts ahead of V/M.

The judges here so got it right. This was better than Worlds!
    I feel for anyone who missed seeing it live. Fortunately, the ISU link will have the entire FD available On Demand for anyone outside of Japan and Korea to watch Die KickassMaus .

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I thought I would share it here as well:

I loved the freedom and joyful abandon with which Meryl and Charlie skated DF tonight. Everything flowed from element to element with a smooth elegance that made the entire program a continuous dance. Their connection to one another, not just with their skating, but with their facial expressions was sheer beauty.

This was by far my favorite outing of Die Fledermaus.

Hopefully someone in the V/M thread has a tank of oxygen ready (along with a valium or 10) to combat the Pani-c Attack that's likely taking place .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Scott just comes off like a sore loser sometimes. If he didn't want to be there then don't go. But guess the money was to much to pass up eh Scott?

vCash
    I absolutely loved it. The performance and the score

vCash
    I am so glad for Meryl and Charlie. They wanted to work on expression, performance & musicality this year, and they have done a great job with that in DF!

What a beautiful performance of Die Fledermaus to end the year on!

I will so miss DF, and I'm so glad to hear that they have created an exhibition version of it. It got standing ovations everywhere they skated, even in Canada!

It was a shock to see that V&M did not get a single 10.00 in PCS, and recall that there was a Canadian judge on the panel.

vCash
    Meryl and Charlie are such great representatives of this sport and their country now that's what i call leaders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Die KickassMaus .

I am so happy I got to see this programme in Nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I am so glad for Meryl and Charlie. They wanted to work on expression, performance & musicality this year, and they have done a great job with that in DF!

What a beautiful performance of Die Fledermaus to end the year on!

I will so miss DF, and I'm so glad to hear that they have created an exhibition version of it. It got standing ovations everywhere they skated, even in Canada!

It was a shock to see that V&M did not get a single 10.00 in PCS, and recall that there was a Canadian judge on the panel.
    I believe they did get 3 10s, Doris. But overall, quite a bit lower than D/W and I was surprised at all the 1s in the GOE's. V/M totally phoned in this performance, imo.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    And Die Fledermaus finally beats FF! They looked so happy when they finished. I thought it was very classy when Charlie gestured over to Marina and said she's the reason why.

vCash
    I shouldn't count things when I'm half asleep I'm too old to be staying up all night 2 nights in a row.

vCash
    I'm so happy for Meryl and Charlie to finish the season with such strong performances. I would have loved these results at World's but am happy nonetheless. They continue to be a class act. What great representatives of the USA. Can't wait to see next year's programs!
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

vCash
    I tried to post this earlier but couldn't.
    Congratulations, Meryl and Charlie! That was magical! Definitely their best performance of Die Fledermaus! I love how they used the music and showed the contrast between the slower sections and the fast ones. They seemed light on their feet and completely engaged in the performance. Their projection was amazing! And the audience reaction was a reflection of these things, I believe. I'm absolutely thrilled for them! What a way to end the season.

vCash
    Well, althought WTT isn't over, it's now officially the off season.

And Meryl & Charlie have to pick to Grand Prix events. I'm sure they will be at Skate America.

Tessa & Scott will go to Skate Canada

Nathalie & Fabian will to TEB, I would suppose.

Worlds next year is in Canada.
    GPF next year is in Sochi
    Four Continents is provisionally in Osaka

NHK is in Sendai, Japan
    CoR is in Moscow, as always
    CoC is in Shanghai
    Skate Canada is in Windsor, Ontario
    TEB is in Paris
    Skate America is ?

Where will Tessa & Scott go for their second pick? Usually it's TEB, but I'm sure P&B will get it...

Should this be the year Meryl & Charlie do Cup of China? It's the only GP they have never, AFAIR, competed at.

vCash
    Bravo Meryl and Charlie!! Beautifully skated FD!

vCash
    That was fantastic! What a wonderful way to end a season! They were absolutely fabulous all season long, their FD was a winner all season long, one of the best masterpieces created under CoP, I dare to say (and I was so sceptical about it at the beginning of the season!). Also, it's one of the best skating programs in terms of timing with music I've ever seen! Every beat in the music is reflected in their moves, so wonderful. Also love the twizzles. Charlie is so wild and powerful, while Meryl is delicate and in control and yet they manage to be in perfect unision with each other. That's what I call a TEAM.

The only thing that makes me sad is that Meryl and Charlie usually get the scores they deserve everywhere but at Worlds. It's a repeating story - Worlds 2009, Worlds 2010, Worlds 2012. I hope it ends next year

Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Oh, and I believe Scott made another faux pas in the k&C...
    Really? what kind? I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    And Meryl & Charlie have to pick to Grand Prix events. I'm sure they will be at Skate America.
    Should this be the year Meryl & Charlie do Cup of China? It's the only GP they have never, AFAIR, competed at.
    Well, as much as I feel for Chinese people for that, I'd LOVE them to go to TEB. They've only been there once, quite a long time ago (the 2007/08 season) and it would be too easy to catch a cheap flight to Paris to see them live again. A girl can dream, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Really? what kind? I must have missed it.
    After V/M saw their scores, Scott said "I hate this event."

vCash
    Watching the replay of this event certainly perked up my bowl of Cheerios this morning! This was a magical performance for Meryl and Charlie. That rotational lift gives me goosebumps every time..it is so beautiful. My favorite moment today was the hug they exchanged at the end. Such happiness, satisfaction and warmth. What a great memory for them to carry into the off season.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast