My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Do we have a title picked out already?

vCash
    "Notre" High Hopes or Excitement for the New Season?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Didn't we have two picked out at the end of the last thread? Now I don't remember what the other one was. We could do something about waiting impatiently for the season. I just can't think of anything clever. Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    But they had it))
    Skaters can take particular music for many years but not to do anything special with it or just not to do it memorable). But when you hear this music 3 times at Olympic Games during two warm-ups you feel like you heard it a thousand times)
    You think Reqiem is overused, because single skaters choose it too many times. That all

vCash
    The problem with Notre Dame is that it was a musical that was played on the radio A LOT in some countries. Like most pop songs, you get sick of it after a couple of months. Imagine if they were doing a Titanic program. I don't know how many ice dancers skated to Titanic, but I would scream if I heard that music again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    The problem with Notre Dame is that it was a musical that was played on the radio A LOT in some countries. Like most pop songs, you get sick of it after a couple of months. Imagine if they were doing a Titanic program. I don't know how many ice dancers skated to Titanic, but I would scream if I heard that music again.
    That particular Celine Dion song really does make me go crazy. One time I swear 3 local stations were playing the song *at the same time.* I stopped listening to radio altogether shortly after that.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I actually would love a Titanic program. Someone had posted a video of V&M's Yankee Polka CD set to a piece from the soundtrack and it had me daydreaming about purdy costumes.

My thing with Notre Dame is that it was so popular about 8 years ago in figure skating and then it's kind of been forgotten. It's been several years since I saw anyone use it, so it would be kind of interesting to see it again and it would be interesting to know how it ended up getting chosen since it's not hot right now.

vCash
    I'm not familiar with it. I'd never heard of it until someone (maybe Johnny Weir?) used it a few seasons back. So for me this a very fresh and new program idea and I certainly won't be sick of the music But perhaps I'm in the minority?

vCash
    It was insanely popular in France and in Quebec 10-15 years ago. The English version never got the same success. I am curious to see if Zoueva will pick French versions of Notre Dame or Carmen. But I have heard Notre Dame so many times in skating rink that it feels like West Side Story now.
    French skaters still use it. Here is the latest Esmeralda:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SApUMhJLpA0

vCash
    I would be SOOO happy if it would be Notre Dame! I LOVE this music and I don´t care how many skaters used it before. It would be great for them. The music would fit their style I think. It could be more like S&D. And this is my favourite FP so far...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    If D-W will skate Carmen it become the most fresh msic in ice dance
    Why never D-W use something really fresh and new?
    At least SD will be great
    And V-M will skate to Carmen and it become most fresh and modern music in ice dance because they so greate and Marina show lot off power

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Oh, you mean like the exact reaction the V&M thread has had to V&M doing Carmen? I'd say something about people in glass houses but I suspect it would go over your head.
    Oh, you're so wrong . Most fans who post in that thread were dissatisfied with the music choice - at least in the beginning. Then some of them (me included) sort of accepted, or tried to accept it, hoping that it will be a good program anyway. Only when we saw some photos from the program and got to know that it will be a modern version of Carmen, many really started to think that it will be a fresh take on this overused music. But we are still very much aware that 'Carmen' is overused indeed.

But I suspect the programs will speak for themselves.
    I agree with this absolutely.

As for Meryl/Charlie and 'Notre Dame', I think it's a very good choice for them. Probably not so new in the sense that it really feels so them, but we can't ask for everything. And if that's what they have wanted to skate to for a long time, then it's almost a guaranty for a really good program.

vCash
    Is Meryl and Charlie's choice even confirmed or are we just speculating based on rumors again?
    But if true, I'm VERY excited about this!!! Notre Dame seems a perfect choice for them, they've always been good at dramatic but now they're also capable of showing much more depth to the story... and yay for going back to storytelling. Can't wait!!!!

Imagine if they were doing a Titanic program. I don't know how many ice dancers skated to Titanic, but I would scream if I heard that music again.
    "Titanic" is so much more than "My Heart Will Go On". The soundtrack consists of many wonderful music pieces and I'd actually love to see an FD to it. My favourite is this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlVD4TJsE-Y
    It's close enough to the Celine song, but much more moving. I wouldn't mind people skate to music like this (if it was "skateable" to, no idea if it is).

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Ok, since no one is making a new thread, I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051