Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash

Great job, Meryl and Charlie! Wonderful performance! and congrats especially on getting that pesky closed choctaw!

and of course, I am thrilled with Meryl's choice of costume--missed that dress at worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    One judge didn't get the memo that D/W and V/M are always supposed to get PCS in the 9s.
    lol, I was thinking the same thing. That certainly stood out on the score sheets. But I agree, I think it was the same judge, and as long as the judges are consistent in how they score all skaters, I'm cool with it. I do wish we could know how each judge assessed each team relative to the others, but the anonymity of the judges doesn't allow for that.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-19-2012 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    A picture of Meryl and Charlie streching after winning performance
    http://yfrog.com/oe9yfgxj

vCash
    I've been enjoying watching them doing team spirit things behind Adam & Jeremy.

vCash
    I have to watch it now, before i go to school!! yay!!

vCash
    Well, I was a bad uber and fell asleep but yay for on-demand! What a fun competition...love the team spirit!

And oh yes, Meryl and Charlie on fire again! Great job on the SD and it was nice to see Meryl in the dress we admired from Worlds. She looked amazing as always. And I love how the Japanese fans love M&C! The flowers just raining down. And great cheers. Of course, I really love that they are in first place...right where they belong.

I will have to wake up for the FD tonight!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    A good night for everyone in the thread title!

vCash
    Meryl got her Level 4 Rhumba!! I thought they were on fire, a great performance!

One judge didn't get the memo that D/W and V/M are always supposed to get PCS in the 9s.
    Yeah, what was up with that? And neg GOE's? Did he/she fall asleep during the performance? That those scores were so out of line with the others makes me just go . But who cares...they got a great score.

Those Level 4s really make a difference...makes me appreciate the score they got at GPF even more.

vCash
    Where can I watch the videos from day 1? I missed the live stream, had to go to school

But anyway, so happy Meryl and Charlie had a good skate and are in the lead! Hope they stay there till the end of the competition

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Where can I watch the videos from day 1? I missed the live stream, had to go to school

But anyway, so happy Meryl and Charlie had a good skate and are in the lead! Hope they stay there till the end of the competition
    Go to here http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html, click on the drop down that says More Channels above the video screen and click on "World Team Trophy 2012." I think the SD will automatically start playing and you can choose the the other portions of the competition below.

vCash
    Thanks for the link to the replay. I looked earlier and missed it. A great performance from Meryl and Charlie. I just love her saucy look on the ending pose!

vCash
    For any Korean & Japanese fans who were geoblocked:

Meryl & Charlie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wrwUQebcA

Tessa & Scott
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2YSSY-Z2o

vCash
    The National's dress made a comeback. This WTT looks like fun

vCash
    Go to here http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html, click on the drop down that says More Channels above the video screen and click on "World Team Trophy 2012." I think the SD will automatically start playing and you can choose the the other portions of the competition below.
    Thanks!! Can't wait to watch!

Love the pictures of them stretching too. So cute!

vCash
    I watched them and, as much as I love watching them skate and think they did great - I actually thought their SD from Worlds was better. I know they got more points for this one, but in Nice it looked more fierce, their flow was better, the circular steps were better, the twizzles too. The only thing that looked better to me here was the rhumba sequences.

But then again, what do I know? it's actually REALLY hard to tell the difference between an excellent skate and a good one in ice dance, in terms of TES.

Also, I'm not a fan of the brown/bronze/gold/whatever color you think it is dress I loved Meryl in orange, happy colors rule!

Nevertheless it's such a pleasure to watch these two compete. I also agree with the statement someone once made that Meryl's hair needs a facebook page. It was the third partner in that SD

vCash
    [QUOTE=mia joy;3550358]IAlso, I'm not a fan of the brown/bronze/gold/whatever color you think it is dress I loved Meryl in orange, happy colors rule!

The orange dress was much better

Loved the way Meryl/Charlie looked at each other when the score came out as though to say we're are in first they looked surprised

vCash
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/d...d-team-trophy/

GoldenSkate has an article with all the interview details after the SD.

vCash
    Thank you for the link to the broadcast, literaryfreak, and thank you for those awesome stretching pics and the GS article, Doris! You beat to posting the youtube link

Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    ... And I love how the Japanese fans love M&C! The flowers just raining down. And great cheers. ...
    I really wish you would stop saying things like this, ~tapdancer~, as it only furthers my obsession with a Meryl/Daisuke wedding in Japan...and Meryl would speak her vows in Japanese (which she will be fluent in by this time). okay, I need to stop.

so psyched to see one last rendition of DF! I hope they have lots of fun! Enjoy the rest of the competition, everyone!

(sorry if my constant use of exclamation points is getting annoying--I just can't help it!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

I really wish you would stop saying things like this, ~tapdancer~, as it only furthers my obsession with a Meryl/Daisuke wedding in Japan...and Meryl would speak her vows in Japanese (which she will be fluent in by this time). okay, I need to stop.

vCash
    I was a good uber this time and got up for the FD. So glad I did! This was worth it. Meryl and Charlie were fantastic...such a great ending to the season with a joyful dance to Die Fledermaus. The audience loved it...cheers and flowers and a full standing O. And wow, great score, they ended up almost 5 pts ahead of V/M.

The judges here so got it right. This was better than Worlds!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast