Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    OK, last night I dreamed that Meryl and Charlie skated their SD in University of Michigan marching band uniforms! Maybe I am crossing the line from uber to obsessed fan!

vCash
    Well, they said at some point that have to do an EX number to the UMich fight song, "The Victors".

Those costumes would be appropriate ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    OK, last night I dreamed that Meryl and Charlie skated their SD in University of Michigan marching band uniforms! Maybe I am crossing the line from uber to obsessed fan!

vCash
    I think that would be a laugh-riot if they skated to UM marching band music. Does anyone remember the Radiohead Grammy's performance of 15 Step in 2009 with the USC Marching Band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyX-Mjaq8Hk). Now that was cool. I would love to see Meryl and Charlie rock out to something like that!

This next season I hope they do something on the modern and super cool side.

If they stay in until the Olympic year, I'd love to see them skate to some classical/instrumental music something with power and that feels haunting. I was listening to the Trois Couleurs Soundtrack: Rouge the other day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctxtoBXG9-A) and felt that it was different and uplifting. I was also listening to Barber's Adagio for Strings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLHuF...eature=related). It's a ubiquitous piece of music but I could see them doing justice to it's yearning, eternal and soaring quality. Of course all of these pieces probably need a silly dance beat applied to them and may not go with the rules.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Thanks Doris!

I enjoyed the comments particularly at the end of the exhibition.

vCash
    So did I.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    So did I.
    I just wish it hadn't cut off before they were done. I wanted to hear the last of that sentence.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    So I saw Beethoven's 7th performed live today and I know it's on the heavy side, but it is such a marvelous piece - you automatically feel the beat. There were one or two moments in the 2nd movement that were just so powerful, I think everyone in the audience gasped. It felt like your heart had stopped for a moment.

Also, I adore that Florence + Machine song shan posted in the last thread, Cosmic Love. There's an acoustic live performance that nearly brought a tear to my eye the first time I heard it. It's ethereal yet powerful. I usually am wary about using pop songs for competitive programs, but they do tend to have prominent dance beats and are once in a while soulful.

Regardless, I hope D/W go a more emotional route for the few remaining () FDs of their career. I feel they may need that on their side. I'd love to see a FD with a similar style of movement as their Someone Like You exhibition, controlled power and deep edges. Meryl's spiral is so lovely too!

vCash
    great suggestions! I love Barber's Adagio for Strings and Beethoven's 7th, and think Meryl and Charlie would do a wonderful job with either of those pieces.

I still want them to do an ex to "Streets of Philadelphia," by Bruce Springsteen.

btw, posting a link to banquet photos that pani posted in the V&M thread. a few photos of Meryl and Charlie (and Tanith makes an appearance, too!)

http://www.davecskatingphoto.com/pho...s_banquet.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    btw, posting a link to banquet photos that pani posted in the V&M thread. a few photos of Meryl and Charlie (and Tanith makes an appearance, too!)

http://www.davecskatingphoto.com/pho...s_banquet.html
    I think Tanith's hair is a shade or two darker than the last time I saw her. It looks good! And Meryl looks amazing in that color purple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    ... And Meryl looks amazing in that color purple.
    I agree

vCash
    I think Tanith's hair is a shade or two darker than the last time I saw her. It looks good! And Meryl looks amazing in that color purple.
    I didn't see Tanith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I didn't see Tanith.
    In the tenth photo (which is located in the third row), there is a cute photo of Tanith and Charlie.

vCash
    I think Tanith's hair is a shade or two darker than the last time I saw her. It looks good!
    I think that is close to her natural color, but IMO she looks way, way better as a blond. In this picture, she is looking so old, and I think a lot of that is the darker hair. She also needs to stop using such a dark color on her eyebrows. The whole look is too severe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I think that is close to her natural color, but IMO she looks way, way better as a blond. In this picture, she is looking so old, and I think a lot of that is the darker hair. She also needs to stop using such a dark color on her eyebrows. The whole look is too severe.
    I think when your eyebrows are thinner, you tend to look older.

She is fab in general, though!

vCash

vCash
    SD at World Team Trophy is tomorrow. The ISU is giving free streaming coverage on their web page.

vCash
    So apparently we will be able to watch livestream but the the times are horrendous for me (Eastern US)...2:15 am and 3:25 am. Wonder if the video will be available later on-demand. Then again...am I an uber or what?
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    seconded.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast