Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    hm. just came from soi toronto show ...

they did df and did it well. the crowd was very appreciative. lot's of gasps and applause during lifts. meryl wore a beautiful light blue dress. her hair was in a bun. charlie, can't remember right now. great hair. probably a suit or tux. i don't know what they took out of df, but all the highlights seemed to be there. they were introduced as world champions first (the crowd went wild), then olympic silver medalists.

i think they were also in the group finale number, even though they are guests.

i'm tired but i hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by iggie; 05-05-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    hm. just came from soi toronto show ...

they did df and did it well. the crowd was very appreciative. lot's of gasps and applause during lifts. meryl wore a beautiful light blue dress. her hair was in a bun. charlie, can't remember right now. great hair. probably a suit or tux. i don't know what they took out of df, but all the highlights seemed to be there. they were introduced as world champions first (the crowd went wild), then olympic silver medalists.

i think they were also in the group finale number, even though they are guests.

i'm tired but i hope this makes sense.
    Thanks for the report!

vCash
    There was picture in the GSD thread on CSOI

http://www.flickr.com/photos/janetli...7629602932424/

Not the best picture, but at least you can get an idea of Meryl's costume.

vCash
    Looks like the blue one she's been wearing for practices

vCash
    Looks like Charlie has cut his hair too! It looks good on him.

vCash
    FYI
    Went to SOI Toronto and saw Meryl and Charlie. I posted a long review in the Virtue/Moir thread. But I'd like fans here to know that I told Meryl that we were so excited that they'd come here to do the show. She was pleasantly surprised and said thanks. My only complaint? They should have done a second number! They were exquisite and the crowd loved them!

vCash
    Charlie's haircut means it really is the off-season.

vCash
    I can't remember a lot of the show, because I was just too excited! Meryl and Charlie were awesome last night! Meryl wore the blue dress from the FD practices at GPF 2011. The crystals at the bust of the dress played beautifully with the light (they lined the shoulders and were concentrated at the centre of the bust). And she wore her hair back in a bun. She looked gorgeous! Charlie was very handsome with his shorter hair. He was in tails and looked very dapper.

They had so much energy and the crowd was clapping along with them. Unfortunately they had to shorten their FD for the show, so they cut out most of the first section including the circular step sequence and went almost immediately into the second (Viennese waltz). They also omitted the spin and the twizzles. But they still were able to present the program beautifully, in a way that felt cohesive. They included all four lifts and the diagonal step sequence. The split lift was on the opposite end of where I was sitting, but it really is spectacular from any angle! Charlie's rotations are so quick and Meryl's position is just exquisite. and he sets her down so gently. huge applause for that. The curve lift also drew a lot of applause and was just lovely. I love when she extends her arms out. The last rotational lift came down a bit early but Meryl got really low in her knee and saved it--impressive! and it really didn't detract from their beautiful performance, at least in my eyes it didn't. I am so glad they kept the diagonal in this version of the program--it actually came towards me, so it was very exciting! It is such a joyous piece of footwork, and the smiles on their faces...priceless. They looked like they were having a ball, and truly were a pleasure to watch. and huge applause at the end of the program! lots of loud screams from my section of the arena (I know they were very loud because I could hear them over my own screams!) I just loved their performance, and feel very fortunate to have seen DF live, even though it was an abbreviated version. I really, really hope they join the full CSOI cast next season so that they can do second program and the group numbers. They did come out at the end for final bows, as iggie mentioned, but this was after the ensemble number to "Dog Days are Over." Charlie was wearing black, IIRC, and Meryl had on what looked like her tango romantica dress without the gloves and without the front panel of chiffon, I think. too much excitement--can't remember all the details! She stood out because she was really into it, bopping along to the music. She looked very relaxed and very happy

also, I 'met' Charlie: there was a row ahead of me and he was standing in front/to the side of the row to watch the show, and the angle was such that he could see me staring at him. I was just so excited, because I have been a huge fan since I saw them (on tv) at Skate Canada in their first year as seniors! I smiled and waved (yes, still a fangirl even though I am in my late twenties! I was behaving more like a twelve-year-old) and he smiled and waved back--and it was the warmest smile! Nicest guy! It was just such a sweet gesture--he is so approachable! You can tell he really appreciates their fans! I couldn't talk to him because a skater was starting their performance, but I was so tempted to jump over the railings and hug him. and when Meryl came out, I again considered doing this! btw, she is absolutely stunning in person! but she came out of the tunnel when a performance was starting, so she scurried over as quickly as she could and sat down before I could make eye contact. I hope I get to meet her in person one day. She is so warm and gracious. I am so jealous of Scrufflet! but I feel very lucky that I got to 'meet' Charlie

I hope anyone who attended the London show (Meryl and Charlie's final CSOI stop) had a great time!
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 05-06-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: added details

vCash
    Soo if Charlie gets his haircut every other off-season, that means it will be shorter at the olympics...I'm hoping this is not the case. I love Charlie in longer hair, but of course he can pull off anything!

vCash
    Rather than make a new post, I just edited my previous one to provide additional details. I elaborated on some points throughout the post. I hope everyone who attended enjoyed the show!

vCash
    oh...

i must say that i had high seat so i couldn't see anyone's faces unless they were right in front of me. so i couldn't tell who was in the closing number. and d/w were wearing the same outfits as everyone else. it does explain why they were the only ones to do their signature lift. what i mean is that all the skaters were in a row and d/w came out of that line and did their df split lift. i waited for other teams to do their signature moves but it was just an opportunity for d/w. so i guess since they couldn't skate the whole finale, that was kurt's way of featuring them at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I hope anyone who attended the London show (Meryl and Charlie's final CSOI stop) had a great time!
    That's not until tomorrow I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis&WhiteFan View Post
    ... I love Charlie in longer hair, but of course he can pull off anything!
    Here you are then - from Worlds
    http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...1/S0070118.jpg
    Last edited by skatefan; 05-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis&WhiteFan View Post
    Soo if Charlie gets his haircut every other off-season, that means it will be shorter at the olympics...I'm hoping this is not the case. I love Charlie in longer hair, but of course he can pull off anything!
    I believe Charlie gets a haircut every year once the season ends. He almost grows it back in time for the first event of the next season. In the off-season, most people wonder whether it will be back or not, in fear that those locks are gone for good. For the 2010-2011 season, it was shorter for a longer time

http://www.meryl-charlie.com/2012/02...e-feature.html

Thanks for the SOI reports everyone. Seems like everyone who attended enjoyed it.
    Last edited by mollymgr; 05-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Interesting that he prefers it short. His hair is for sure part of their brand, as it were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Hahaha! Thanks, skatefan!

vCash
    I actually like his hair short for a change. I think their coaches had him grow his hair out longer and also highlight it so that they could have a distinctive look on the ice (they had Meryl die her hair dark for the same reason). It helped him look more expressive but I think his artistry and expression has developed enough now that he could try a season without his longer hair to see if it would work.

I think it would!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    I actually like his hair short for a change. I think their coaches had him grow his hair out longer and also highlight it so that they could have a distinctive look on the ice (they had Meryl die her hair dark for the same reason). It helped him look more expressive but I think his artistry and expression has developed enough now that he could try a season without his longer hair to see if it would work.

I think it would!
    Perhaps it is not so simple. What if the USFS has a say in it besides the coaches? Maybe he has to relinquish all rights to his hair length during skating season

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Thanks…DF always makes me smile

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast