Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1015
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795

    Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

    New Beginnings

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Now all we need to know is their programs and we could have something new to discuss. The suspense is killing me and I dont want the fan wars to end up killing each other.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Now all we need to know is their programs and we could have something new to discuss. The suspense is killing me and I dont want the fan wars to end up killing each other.
    We all need vacation
    Cant wait, when my will start.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,815
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Going back to the ATS stuff, I'd be surprised if Tessa and Scott didn't at least get invited. Kim has stated multiple times that Trssa and Scott are some of her favorite skaters ever.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Very likely they were and couldnt go.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3806
    Holy Moly....I'm not here for a couple of days and we have a major debate, discussion, and a new thread. I think and hope we should perhaps only have to wait another few weeks until we get some news. You industrious posters will let the rest of us slackers know, of course . By the time most of us get back from our holidays, the new season will be beginning..........wheeee!!!! I just hope that whatever they choose to do this year that we will all love it.
    Addicted to FSU

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I just hope that whatever they choose to do this year that we will all love it.
    That's a tall order. I don't know that it's ever happened.

    With the Igor-Marina split, this coming season there are new circumstances and people to blame for choices that half the people won't like.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    348
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    That's a tall order. I don't know that it's ever happened.

    With the Igor-Marina split, this coming season there are new circumstances and people to blame for choices that half the people won't like.
    It will still be the same person to "blame" for Tessa and Scott's career hitting the skids with yet another godawful program where they dance on ice and relate to each other as man and woman. Fingers cross the program has neither of those things. My .02 is "half" is exagerated by a lot, but I know what you mean.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    By the way, back in the previous thread, I never implied that Funny Face was a bad program, in fact, quite the contrary, I've said so in the past. I was just pointing out that opinions can be so feeble when you let yourself listen to what many people say instead of forming your own views when evaluating a program. Just wanted to clear that out.

    I also think it is very valid to question where Funny Face stands in comparison with other programs and to question the program itself in terms of what would have made it better? To me, and this is just an opinion, Funny Face was greatly misunderstood and combined with the fact that you have two gifted ice dancers making everything look simple, well, there you have it. But I think there were things that could have made it even better, music and choreography-wise, though my problem was more with the music cuts.

    Now, I think it was a stressful, but successful season. My favorite outing was Four Continents, you could see they were on a mission there. I loved the attitude. And it was the first time I watch Funny Face and loved it, positively loved it.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I also think it is very valid to question where Funny Face stands in comparison with other programs and to question the program itself in terms of what would have made it better? To me, and this is just an opinion, Funny Face was greatly misunderstood and combined with the fact that you have two gifted ice dancers making everything look simple, well, there you have it. But I think there were things that could have made it even better, music and choreography-wise, though my problem was more with the music cuts.

    I think you're right. A lot of the criticisms throughout the season had to do with a specific dislike of the music and the style that went along with that, in representing something from several decades ago. I loved FF but I'm sure a lot of it had to do with my love of the classic American musicals and familiarity with all things Astaire and Hepburn. Tessa and Scott really did portray their characters with depth and intricate layers of choreography. They just made it look so effortless.

    During the season I wondered if a change of costumes might have helped. In the movie, Audrey doesn't become a fashion goddess till the very end, but Tessa and Scott chose to highlight that "princess" aspect, instead of the bohemian/intellectual girl of the movie. I liked the costume concept from the very first outing, in the Finlandia competition. It was still from the end of the movie (a wedding) but it maintained the charming simplicity of the character. I never did like Scott's costume in FF.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I post this at Fan Forum. I think in ice dance more important to use innovative choreo, that to use unknown music (especially if this music in traditional style).
    So maybe we will never see this, but it will be cool if someone will made innovated FD on some overused music (even on "Swan Lake" )

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a ship
    Posts
    899
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Now all we need to know is their programs and we could have something new to discuss. The suspense is killing me and I dont want the fan wars to end up killing each other.
    whattttt? yea to fan wars "controversies" are the real soul of this thread series otherwise it would make me snore. if you all want to argue, you have my green light

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3806
    Silly me...and here I thought it was merely a heated discussion

    As long as we're active, it says we care
    Addicted to FSU

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,815
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I post this at Fan Forum. I think in ice dance more important to use innovative choreo, that to use unknown music (especially if this music in traditional style).
    So maybe we will never see this, but it will be cool if someone will made innovated FD on some overused music (even on "Swan Lake" )
    Maybe they can do Bondage Swan ala Shizuka?

    Anyway, my favorite costume for Tessa in FF would be something similar to what she wore for Pink Floyd.
    And I love Funny Face (as I have loved every one of their programs). I loved the choreography and how well they sold it. I hope they continue to choose music that stretches their artistry next season because they're gonna be in Canada (hopefully).
    Although their detractors are going to criticize whatever they skate to.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    342
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3015
    I've been reading this and the previous thread about Tessa and Scott all night and I
    thought some of you might enjoy a few of the photos I took of T&S at Nationals
    Here are the ones from the gala!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...in/photostream

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,815
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    I've been reading this and the previous thread about Tessa and Scott all night and I
    thought some of you might enjoy a few of the photos I took of T&S at Nationals
    Here are the ones from the gala!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...in/photostream
    Great pics! Thanks a bunch! Really reminds me of how much I miss "I wanna hold your hand"

    Also, welcome to our group of fans! Post often!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    342
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3015
    Yes, that program was very beautiful!
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi gang, thanks for the new thread, pani. Wow, I was without my computer for a few days and I miss all the controversy! Who woulda thunk discussion of chocolate truffles and Tessa's dresses could become so heated Can't wait to hear about new programmes. I will love them no mater what. I loved FF, their elegance and beautiful skating and dancing was truly wonderful, imho. I liked Mahler more because I adore that music. I don't care what they do as long as they keep skating, and preferably competing. Just wanted to add I love your photos Dani.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Macassar88..I'm assuming you're referring to the first Pink Floyd dress ? it was an absolute dream.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I assumed Macassar88 was referring to the all black outfits. I really liked the simplicity.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •