Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Czisny NOT to retire

vCash
    Good for her. We don't know what the future holds but I'm glad this one setback isn't deterring her. I hope she is able to get back on track next season.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    This morning at a coffee shop in Bloomfield Hills, Czisny sat with her laptop answering emails and reading comments posted about her on a figure skating Web site. A former two-time U.S. ladies champion (2009 and 2011), Czisny said she’s grateful; most of the posts have been supportive.
    I guess it's not FSU she's reading

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    Good for her. We don't know what the future holds but I'm glad this one setback isn't deterring her. I hope she is able to get back on track next season.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Title-less
    vCash
    I never thought for a moment she would

vCash
    To be honest, if I were a skater, I wouldn't read FSU either after an experience like Czisny's.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I hope she comes back strong next season.

vCash
    Good for her. Next will probably be a good year for her... once the rollercoaster goes down.. it then goes up!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Good for her. I hope she reclaims her US title next year, and I'm glad she was at least offered WTT.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Good for her. I wish her all the best next season and hope she comes back stronger than ever. But whatever her results, I admire how she carries herself with grace even in difficult times.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    I guess it's not FSU she's reading
    EXACTLY WHAT I SAID...

I dont think that people were malicious but they damn sure werent warm fuzzy either. poor girl

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    EXACTLY WHAT I SAID...

I dont think that people were malicious but they damn sure werent warm fuzzy either. poor girl
    Some posters (coughNEIIIIIIGHcough) were malicious, but it seems to be their natural state, sadly for them.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    She doesn't seem to have any explanation for her failure to land jumps at Worlds, as if it was something apart from her happening over which she had no control.

I have serious doubts that she will ever again regain her US Championship.

vCash
    Isn't there a support thread for Czisny here on FSU? (Just sayin'...)

“I don’t want to watch that -- I mean, who does performances like that?" [Czisny] asked, forcing a smile as she shook her head in disbelief.
    Well.....apparently you do

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Well, if she's not going to quit, I wish her the best of luck and hope she can exit on a stronger note. However, I will be throwing my support behind other American skaters for next year's Worlds as I think the #s speak for themselves, and other folks are just as, if not more, capable of doing well (or at least competently) in Ontario.

vCash
    I wish her well, and appreciate her qualities.. But I didn't think USFS should have invited her to WTT after two embarrassing back to back disasters , unless it was to drive the World Team Zamboni. They should have gone straight to Gold or Zhang. This does not bode well for future team selections.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 04-11-2012 at 01:34 AM.

vCash
    Well atleast she has guts coming back. I will give her that much. Too bad she didnt show any of that same guts on the ice this season. Even if she isnt blackballed by the USFSA Flatt style she will only make it to London if one of Wagner or Gold bombs at Nationals or in the events leading up to it. More likely she will receive Flatt like treatment from the US judges at Nationals and have to skate extremely well to come even top 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    But I didn't think USFS should have invited her to WTT after two embarrassing back to back disasters , unless it was to drive the World Team Zamboni. They should have gone straight to Gold or Zhang. This does not bode well for future team selections.
    In case you haven't noticed, despite her "back to back disasters", she is still the US ladies' silver medalist, which means she placed higher at US senior nationals than either Gold or Zhang. Inviting her to WTT was appropriate IMHO given that fact.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    WOW!!! I am so happy! Good for her. (And good for me). What a spirit she has.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I'll be surprised if we ever see her back to worlds. I get the feeling the USFSA will make sure GG and Ashley are on the world team.

vCash
    But I didn't think USFS should have invited her to WTT after two embarrassing back to back disasters , unless it was to drive the World Team Zamboni. They should have gone straight to Gold or Zhang. This does not bode well for future team selections.
    Agreed. Makes me think they'll give her chance #5 without thinking about it if she gets in the top 2...she'll bomb again and we'll have 2 spots for the SECOND straight Olympics.

At some point you have to start looking at the numbers and asking questions.

Well atleast she has guts coming back. I will give her that much. Too bad she didnt show any of that same guts on the ice this season.
    this...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast