Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Wishing both Mark and Amanda the very best the future has to offer. She had truly some of the most beautiful lift positions of any pairs skater I've seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    I don't think Inoue and Baldwin were together 10 years
    They actually were.

vCash
    I don't think Inoue and Baldwin were together 10 years
    I/B were together from 2000 to 2010

I hope the best for Evora and Ladwig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I/B were together from 2000 to 2010

I hope the best for Evora and Ladwig!
    Just checked- 2001 - 2010 seasons together...10 years also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Given how he and his wife have struggled financially, at 32, if any male skater were to get a free ride because his female partner's parents were paying, I hope it is he.
    Heck yeah!

I will really miss seeing them, especially Evora's beautiful smile and lifts. They were a really graceful pair together and it was lovely to see them finally get some good results and recognition for their abilities these last few years.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I'll miss them and what they brought to US Pairs. Their 2010 silver (and subsequent Olympic berth) were the highlight of Nationals.

Title-less
    vCash
    (((HeatherC))) and (((all other fans of Evora/Ladwig)))

vCash
    Aww, I will miss watching them skate. I admired their perseverance and was SO HAPPY they made it to the last Olympics.

Best of luck to them in the future!

vCash
    I Loved these guy's!! I did yell NO , they have to have been one of the classiest couples around, I will really miss them, But best of luck to both of them!!

vCash
    I wish them both well! They've had a wonderful career.

(((HeatherC))) you were the first one I thought of when I read about this on facebook.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    It's interesting that she's retiring but he's continuing. And right after Yankowskas got a partner.
    He and Yankowskas would not have made a good team. She is light years ahead of him artistically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease

I have to admit that I'm surprised that Ladwig plans to continue skating.
    The article say that he plans to continue skating, not necessarily competing. Perhaps he will become a show skater. I had hoped that he and Amanda would do show skating together as they would be thrilling to watch! At any rate, I wish Amanda the best in pursuing her college degree. Does anyone know if Mark has a college degree?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I wish them both the best in whatever the future holds and I'll miss seeing them on ice. Their lifts are lovely and their enthusiasm wonderful to see. I wish they'd gotten a national title at some point, but I am glad they got to live their Olympic dream. They always represented their sport and country well and their commitment on the ice is only matched by their graciousness and friendliness off the ice.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    He and Yankowskas would not have made a good team. She is light years ahead of him artistically.
    Eh thats a push...I frankly am tired of the Caitlin "rose tinted glasses" that are put on when looking at her career.

Mark is an Olympian- Caitlin and John were soundly beaten in 2010. I feel it's a bit disrespectful to say she is "light years" ahead of him artistically. He has improved immensely through the years.

Josh on the other hand....
    Last edited by carriemarie; 04-11-2012 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    Sad to see them go without a national title, especially since their freeskate was one of my favourites this year.

vCash
    Eh thats a push...I frankly am tired of the Caitlin "rose tinted glasses" that are put on when looking at her career.

Mark is an Olympian- Caitlin and John were soundly beaten in 2010. I feel it's a bit disrespectful to say she is "light years" ahead of him artistically. He has improved immensely through the years.

Josh on the other hand....
    Word. I missed the point when Josh Regan became so artistically superior to Mark Ladwig.

vCash
    Oh, wow, didn't expect this! I will miss them a lot, what a great team they were and such hard workers. So happy for them to have made the 2010 Olympic team, they will always have that memory. I'm also thrilled that I got to see them skate live at 2011 Nationals and their exhibition that year was gorgeous, I loved it.

Mark is a beautiful skater and very artistic, too. Can't imagine why anyone would think he wasn't. I hope he finds another partner and I will happily look forward to seeing him on the ice again next season.

I wish Amanda all the best in her future endeavors. I hope she is happy with her decision and does well with her college.

They will be missed!!!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    More E/L photos (extended slideshow) via SKATING magazine's blog: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/...g-in-pictures/

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I wish news like this would stop breaking when I'm at work and can't do anything about it, LOL

Anyway, I was actually given a very nice heads up regarding this news a while ago so I was pretty prepared for it which has turned out to be a good thing considering how randomly emo I've been over a lot of things the last few weeks (not me, for people around me who've gone through some trying times and I've been part of their support system). Thanks to everyone who was concerned about me but I'm doing all right. I'm focusing on all the good memories I have of them from these last ten years and it's making me smile. Pardon me while I ramble....

I have a ton of great memories of their career. From the first time I saw them skate at the Atlanta US Nats in 2004, to the first time I got to talk to them at the Indy Challenge in 2005, to my despair at not being there when they won their first US Nats medal (2007...why didn't I go to Spokane that year???! ), to seeing them compete at a GP event in person for the first time (Reading SA in 2007 where they were SO close to getting a medal), to them finally making the live NBC broadcast for the first time in 2008 when their LP was shown in the final group, to my excitement of them skating so well and medaling at US Nats in Cleveland (and BelleBWay having to point it out to me because I was trying too hard to do math at the time, LOL ), to seeing them win the silver medal at US Nats in Spokane 2010 (and getting about 18 text messages from friends before the award ceremony even started ) and then finding out they were officially named to the Olympic team while standing with my FSU friends at Olive Garden , to seeing them skate two amazing programs in Greensboro last year and win another silver medal at US Nats, to finally getting a picture with them after the awards ceremony in San Jose this year after FOUR previous Nats that I was unsuccessful at getting that picture, and to getting randomly hugged in the middle of the 4CC exhibition finale by both of them just because they felt like it....it's all been amazing and wow, that's a lot of good memories. Ten years....it's been a great ride. No regrets, just good memories. Thanks Amanda & Mark! Lots of love and all the best to both of you.

Hmmmm, what will I do now at US Nats? I don't remember how to go to that event and not be a nervous wreck, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I guess knowing that a world's birth would be tough next year didn't help.

Sad to see them split. Loved their long especially this year. Mark has good components; I didn't see him as weak in this area.

If Mark plans to compete next year I have to think he has someone in mind; otherwise I would have heard him say he was considering his options or something. He doesn't have the liberty to take a year or two to find a partner. I'll bet that if he is to skate again competitively we hear an announcement within a month.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast