Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I'm trying to count teams currently in Canton.

D/W
    S/S
    V/M
    T/S
    R/Z (according to the Russian thread)
    Khoklova/??
    who am I missing?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    There's a rumor that C/L may be going to Canton as well.

ETA: Chock/Bates are another current team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    There's a rumor that C/L may be going to Canton as well.

ETA: Chock/Bates are another current team.
    Yes, Chock/Bates (their names together really crack me up, idk why...)
    I knew I forgot someone. I'm guessing the Marina/Igor currently have no junior teams?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Yes, Chock/Bates (their names together really crack me up, idk why...)
    I knew I forgot someone. I'm guessing the Marina/Igor currently have no junior teams?
    There was that article from a couple of months ago where they said that they don't currently have any junior teams, but would love to have some (well, more teams in general).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm guessing the Marina/Igor currently have no junior teams?
    Not right now AFAIK, but this is what I posted recently in the U.S. Ice Dance splits thread:
    "Not a split, but Brynn Carman, the former pair skater, listed herself today on IPS for dance with her coaches being Shpilband/Zoueva. She is 17 and 5'7" according to her IPS profile."

Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    There was that article from a couple of months ago where they said that they don't currently have any junior teams, but would love to have some (well, more teams in general).
    It was USFS' February 2012 SKATING magazine cover article in which Shpilband/Zoueva mentioned they would like to have more novice and junior teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Maia and Alex Shibutani need to get out of Canton. It's too crowded there and they're not getting the attention they deserve. Plus, they need better choreography.
    Where do you suggest they go then? Detroit? To Linchuk? Somehow I'm not sure it will make a difference...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Abbott and Csizny will be the same no matter who their coaches are. Actually, I think they could be worse without Yuka and Jason's calming influences.
    I agree. I just scratch my head when i see people placing so much responsibility on the coaches. In the case of Alissa, she even said herself that she just felt like she couldnt jump. That has absolutely nothing to do with Yuka or Jason. NOTHING!!! Mao in Vancouver... say what you want about Tarasova but Mao was cranking out clean axels like nobody's business. At the end of the day, she choked on her combo and her toeloop. NOTHING to do with Tarasova.

In my opinion, the coach is the cause of the issues only in few cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    He's definitely MUCH improved artistically since leaving Tom. But in terms of competitive nerves? More of the same.
    He's another skater who should have been medaling at the past couple worlds but choked... again... NOT a coach issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    He's another skater who should have been medaling at the past couple worlds but choked... again... NOT a coach issue
    Yes, fore sure. But Jeremy under Tom idk if he should have been medaling at Worlds then, maybe in his last season with Tom, but until his 08-09 breakthrough, I don't think he was up to the level of being a World medalist even if he did deliver. His artistry has definitely improved under Yuka and Jason to the point where he is (should be) a medal contender for Worlds if he skates well. But in terms of delivering when it counts? Definitely not a coaching issue. That is a mental issue. All in his head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12