Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Coaching Changes

Whom would you like to see change coaches, to whom and why??

Davis/White: I don't think this training environment is sustainable for them for the next 2 years; they need someone to make them branch out on an emotional level and draw you in like V/M do. I wish Krylova was available but she's stacked.. Not Tarasova or Linichuk or Dubova.. Perhaps Klimova/Ponomarenko...

Abbott and Czisny: Both are head cases that bombed Worlds; or at the very least under performed. They need to get their mental focus together.. They have the goods technically.. If only Carlo Fassi were still alive, he could mind game them into winning championships.. Perhaps Jutta Muller! She made Kat the strongest mind competitor there was despite others having more talent and technical content..

Denny and Coughlin: Dalilah is missing the finishing touch with all of her teams.. Too bad Moskvina is no longer coaching in the USA...

I stuck to some top US competitors but this is open to any skater, any country.. Whom do you think??

vCash
    Abbott and Czisny are perfectly fine where they are. Their problems are not in the coaching situation.

The other person who needs a coaching change is Ksenia Makarova IMO.
    Last edited by smarts1; 04-10-2012 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Abbott and Czisny are perfectly fine where they are. They're problems are not in the coaching situation.

Disagree about Abbott and Czisny but that's ok!

Completely agree about Ksenia! She has so much potential..

vCash
    Any chance this thread title could be modified to "Coaching Changes You'd Like to See Happen"?

vCash
    Yes.. can I do that since I started this thread or does a mod have to do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Yes.. can I do that since I started this thread or does a mod have to do that?
    We can only change our own thread titles for the first 5 minutes; a mod. would have to do it now. I recommend sending a PM request to one of them.

vCash
    I dearly hope Brandon Mroz changes coaches. This season was unfortunate, to say the least..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    I dearly hope Brandon Mroz changes coaches. This season was unfortunate, to say the least..
    I hope so too, but if he leaves, imagine how bad that will make Tom Z look. Max Aaron will be his only top skater left! Seriously so many of his students have left him - Flatt, Zawadzki, Farris, Gilles all in the past year, Abbott and Dinh in years previous. Not that I blame them at all, but ouch for Tom.

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    ^ I personally want Max Aaron to leave him. He needs to explore his artistic side and I don't think that can be done under Tom Z.

vCash
    Let's rescue them all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Let's rescue them all!
    Coaching musical chairs!
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Let's rescue them all!
    A Society for the Prevention of Cruel Coaching of Skaters?
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Abbott and Csizny will be the same no matter who their coaches are. Actually, I think they could be worse without Yuka and Jason's calming influences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I hope so too, but if he leaves, imagine how bad that will make Tom Z look. Max Aaron will be his only top skater left! Seriously so many of his students have left him - Flatt, Zawadzki, Farris, Gilles all in the past year, Abbott and Dinh in years previous. Not that I blame them at all, but ouch for Tom.
    Not sure Brandon Mroz's focus should be on how bad he might make his coach look if he leaves. . . I mean, yeah, ouch for Zakrajshoweveryouspellit, but if skaters aren't getting what they need from him, then he'd better be prepared for them to go elsewhere.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    As much as I like her, I too am not sure if the partnership with Rukavitsin works out for her. It was a great effort to start working on the 3-Lutz recently (again?). However, I don't think it was a good strategy to include a jump element she just started to work on as a first element in the LP of the most important championship of the whole year.

It would have been great in preparation for next year, but in Nizza I felt it was like making a cross over her first jump.

I would love to see Kudriavtsev to work with her on jumps, but than he is Moscovite and Ksenia trains in Moscow.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Abbott and Csizny will be the same no matter who their coaches are. Actually, I think they could be worse without Yuka and Jason's calming influences.
    Competitively speaking I haven't found Abbott to be any better or worse now than when he was with Tom Z

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Competitively speaking I haven't found Abbott to be any better or worse now than when he was with Tom Z
    He's definitely MUCH improved artistically since leaving Tom. But in terms of competitive nerves? More of the same.

vCash
    I know skating is a subjective sport, and I've defended Morozov and Leonova in the past, but that LP she did at Worlds was a real "what were they thinking?" moment for me. I don't think I have ever seen a worse program either for performance or choreography, and that includes the classic meltdowns.

She can do all of the jumps quite well, and I did like her voidy witch program last season, but when did he put that program together, the day before? And why on earth would he chose that music for her or let her go out and perform it in public?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    ^ I personally want Max Aaron to leave him. He needs to explore his artistic side and I don't think that can be done under Tom Z.
    I agree. Farris was not really artistic (well, moreso than Aaron, but that's not saying much) under Tom Z., in fact, he was kind of gawky and awkward, and look at him now. I had no idea he had it in him to be so artistic but Damon and Christy really did a good job bringing it out of him, and this season was the first time I felt his programs were choreographed to cater to his strengths, and the result was fantastic. I think Aaron could be capable of a similar transformation if he leaves Tom Z, his skating is very smooth and I think he could definitely improve his artistry a lot if he went to a coach who wasn't so solely focused on jumps.

vCash
    Maia and Alex Shibutani need to get out of Canton. It's too crowded there and they're not getting the attention they deserve. Plus, they need better choreography.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast