Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    From best to worst, I'd rank it-

Ashley, Jordis, Chris, Raelynn, Jesse, Jermaine, Erin, Lindsey

Ashley so much better than I expected from her. She's the only one of this whole group of 8 I'm looking forward to seeing next time, especially now that my #2 of this week, Jordis, got unceremoniously dumped for a terrible reason ...and I'm not even the biggest Jordis fan, but she's got a heck of a lot more going for her than a lot of these other people. I still haven't got over the fact that Blake pitted his two best singers (Jordis and Brian) against one another to an Alanis song that suited neither of them. Beyond stupid. Chris sounded pretty good, its nice hearing a full strong voice on that song. Raelynn did her best yet, I kinda dug it. Jesse was quite screechy on Halo and I really couldn't enjoy his version much- I don't think that song is very interesting on someone with his type of voice. Jermaine is technically proficient but so unoriginal, blah. Erin didn't set me on fire...it was just, goodish, but blah. Lindsey sounded flat, and boring. Very disappointing effort from her this time...I'm looking much more forward to seeing Adam and CeeLo's teams next week- Jamar, Katrina, Pip, Juliet, Cheesa....definitely a better group as long as they can avoid crappy song choices...

Christina group song- overbaked.
    Blake group song- nice
    new Adam song- pretty good

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I find RaeLynn unbearable. Her singing was better in her solo, but her phrasing/twang and facial expressions make me want to buy a gun.

I thought Lindsay was way off pitch and her constant looking down bugs me.

The rest were good. Jermaine oversang the song, but good vocal. Jesse oversang his too, and I think he went off at the end with the emotion I agreed with Adam that Erin could have had better phrasing, but the vocal was good. Ashley continues to surprise. Jordis was nice and controlled. Chris sounded fine, but it sounded like the Italian opera accent was creeping in.

Overall, a little dull I think.

Surprised Xtina cut Jesse, but he must have pissed the diva off.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    there's nothing wrong with raelene's face
    Maybe not, but she has an abundance of the trashy factor that Rimes had only traces of, at that age.

What was up with the hotties pretending to play violins during Chris Mann's number? Did they think we wouldn't notice they weren't moving their left hands? Lame.

vCash
    I would have given RaeLynn the boot, but I knew that wasn't going to happen, so I'm okay with Jordis leaving, especially when I look at all her performances together. I'm also fine with Jesse leaving.

I so don't get where Blake is coming from with RaeLynn other than thinking that Taylor Swift is proof that teenage blonde country singers sell very well even if they don't have the best voices. But, he originally tried to sell her as a storyteller and the songs he's giving her don't show that at all. Her phrasing and stomping are weird. And what's with her outfits?

The song choice for Jesse wasn't the best, but he still sang it fine. But, I do think he was the weakest of the night.

Why was Jordis wearing a pageant dress and singing a Sara Evans song? It was fine, but kind of boring.

Why more Adele? Do they have to do one of her songs every week? That being said, I thought Erin did well with it.

Phil Collins is difficult to sing well, too. I though Jermaine wasn't great at the high end and had more melisma that I would like, but overall I thought he did very well.

I didn't care for Lindsey's song choice and I thought it was her weakest performance, but she sang it better than Katy. (I don't get why Christina wants everyone to sing with power. I know that's her strength, but not every singer has to be that way).

Chris handled Viva La Vida much better than I expected him to, and that actually worked pretty well. But, in general, I don't get why Christina is so intent on giving her contestants songs that aren't their types of songs and stressing versatility. It's one thing for a well-established artist to branch out a little, but these contestants are using this opportunity to try to get the public to know them for what they do well.

I definitely preferred Team Blake's group number. Somebody should tell Xtina that many of her outfits really aren't that flattering.

vCash
    I know this thread is for the US version of the voice, but we have just started the Australian one and thought I would share this 19 year old with a voice like none I've ever heard before.
    http://thevoice.ninemsn.com.au/news/...om-outer-space

We also had a 17 year old blind girl on last night who was very impressive.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    wow. those were shocking eliminations

RaeLynn - best performance she's done, but she still looks like she has no idea what the lyrics mean, and those affectations are annoying - they were 10 times worse during the group song.

Jesse - was a but lost at the beginning but ended very strong. damned by faint praise by Xtna though (foreshadowing!)

Jordis - what a crap song choice for her! she sang it very well, but honestly, there's challenging someone to step outside their confort zone, and there's having no clue how to play to their strengths. But she performed so well I expected her to make it through.

Ashley - I'm not a fan of "Foolish Games" but the arrangement sounded promising in the rehearsal footage. In performance it was kind of a mess, but I don't think that was Ashley's fault. She continues to do better than people expect, but I wanted her to rock out again.

Erin - NBC continues its mission to drive royalty revenue to Adele. I love Erin's voice but I agree with the comment about phrasing - which was even more noticeable in the group song.

PML at Team Xtina's group performance! Girlfriend does NOT care that she more than fills out that pink wonder woman outfit, and she will dare you to look away while she is belting it out. She even let her team get in a few lines.

Lindsay - Hmmm. Difficulty in song choice, and then they made her up as much like Katy Perry as possible. The nice thing about a Katy Perry song is that she is terrible live, so comparatively she should be safe, but this was shaky. Where is the unique interesting singer?

Jermaine - he loves the '80s almost as much as Cee-Lo does. His best performance, but the vibrato in his voice bugs me. I prefer when he sings from a place of power, it's less noticeable. Plus, he holds his head at an angle that makes it look like he's sticking his tongue out while singing [/petty]

I will give it to Blake - he loves to showcase his singers. Did he even sing in his group song?

Chris - totally awkward stage presence but if I didn't watch it, this was a good performance! Too bad he's totally toast, right? Right?!?!?

Gawd, could Xtina have drawn that out any more??? But I guess she warned us when she said she was going to make enemies. (((Jesse))) All the air in the room seemed to disappear when she finally said his name.

Blake, on the other hand, was swift and rather brutal. I agree no one was terrible (except RaeLynn, who he would never eliminate), but I completely expected it to be Erin. Saying it was based on the previous vote was LAME.

I'm pretty sure both judges were just getting rid of potential spoilers for their favorites. Erin and Chris are the cannon fodder, but if Jermaine or Ashley go? Not that big of a deal.

Sux
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I know this thread is for the US version of the voice, but we have just started the Australian one and thought I would share this 19 year old with a voice like none I've ever heard before.
    http://thevoice.ninemsn.com.au/news/...om-outer-space
    I think it's geoblocked

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-QdjnA2vtI

She sounds a lot like Dilana from Rock Star Supernova

LOVE how quickly all 4 judges slammed their buttons and how excited all of them were. Very refreshing after how calculated the judges were about every performance this season in the US version. I recognize Seal and Keith Urban - who are the other 2 judges?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Xtina kicking Jesse to the curb! Loved it. Girl has balls, and she was also 100% right.

Everything about Jesse's performance was insufferable. 1. Still more votes pandering yakking about his daughter pre-performance. 2. Ridiculous votes pandering pictures of said daughter floating around the stage during the performance. 2. His screaming YOUR HALO YOUR HALO YOUR HALO 30-some times. In.Suffer.Able.

And he is by far the least marketable/least likely to have sales in the future. The other three all Lindsey, Chris and Ashley can and will sell records ... just give them the right setting and songs. Jesse is dime a dozen. Xtina has coached the hell out this season. Take note, Adam.

vCash
    Perhaps my TV is better than everyone else's here (and perhaps, re: his rankings, haribobo has horrible taste in music ), but I thought that Lindsey was very good (the download is reportedly another winner for her), and that Chris was very strong as well (though ITA w/Adam in that it'd be great to see him let loose with a more operatic arrangement). Loved Ashley, as well, despite the weird arrangement they gave her ... what a ringer she's turned out to be.

Blake's team. Didn't really enjoy any of them, and didn't really care who he booted. However, my opinion of his "elimination reasoning" is clearer -- unfair and/or a cop-out! Well, I may have made the same decision, but his "reason why" (votes from three performances ago!) was weak ... Blake's a wimp.

Oh, and today he lashed out at fans who didn't vote for Jordis 2 weeks ago (WTF?), saying that they could've saved Jordis last night if they'd vote then. Blake is getting on my nerves, obviously.

That's my Xtina! re: the sausage casing cut-too-low swimsuit/tights. Love her tacky self!

vCash
    After our disagreements on TAR this season, it's nice to agree with Beefy again

vCash
    I just watched Lindsey's performance again because I felt like maybe I missed something last night. Uh no, I didn't miss anything. I know from other performances that she has a pretty decent voice but I couldn't tell it from that one. I think she was awful.

ETA I watched the Australian Voice clip & that girl is amazing. Love her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I think it's geoblocked

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-QdjnA2vtI

She sounds a lot like Dilana from Rock Star Supernova

LOVE how quickly all 4 judges slammed their buttons and how excited all of them were. Very refreshing after how calculated the judges were about every performance this season in the US version. I recognize Seal and Keith Urban - who are the other 2 judges?
    Just WOW!
    I want to hear more of her.
    What's her story?

Love that "country singer" Keith couldn't turn fast enough!

I found this, about her:
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226327642642
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 04-17-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: to add link

vCash
    I was looking at ITunes this AM, and Raelynn has three songs in the Country charts, and one of them, is pretty high up there (#8?). Different strokes for different folks. I don't really care for her, but apparently there are many people out there, who do like her.

vCash
    As we have discussed in the AI thread, the "country" music demographic/fans seem to drive the industry.
    It doesn't seem to matter whether these people can really sing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    As we have discussed in the AI thread, the "country" music demographic/fans seem to drive the industry.
    It doesn't seem to matter whether these people can really sing!
    Isn't that the truth!!!

vCash
    I had it this way...

Blake's team

1) Jermaine
    2) Raelynn
    3) Erin
    4) Jordis

I don't actually think Raelynn is better than Erin, but it was her best week where as Erin had one of her worst. I've never gotten the Jordis love, so I wasn't sorry to see her go.

Christina's team

1) Ashley
    2) Lindsay
    3) Jesse
    4) Chris

I was surprised that I liked Ashley so much, since she's been pretty forgetable so far, but I gotta give her credit. Chris wasn't bad, but I loathe Coldplay so that didn't help him. Like Jordis I've never really gotten the Jesse love. He's good, but I never thought he was so exceptionally better than the rest or the one to beat like people often said.

vCash
    I listened to a few of the performances on itunes. Lindsey sounded pretty good in the studio but nothing like her live performance. But I still hate her hair.

I disagree about Raelynn having her best performance..1st of all, I don't believe she can have a "best". The girl can't sing & she pronounces words really strangely. The studio version was just as bad as the live one. I don't see any potential for her because even if she improves the way she pronounces words, that won't give her a good voice. It's fine for around the campfire, esp if you're drunk, but it's not good enough for stardom. She's a cute girl but the overdone extensions & the clothes & the stomping around on stage are a little much.

vCash
    I loved Lindsay's hair

vCash
    It didn't look so strange braided but when it's down that one side that is super short & the other that is pretty long looks bizzare to me.

vCash
    team xtina Chris Mann safe. ashley and lindsey to sing for save.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast