Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

vCash
    Jermaine? Well, he sounds like a nice guy. I'm happy for him.

But I really thought once Tony Lucca was in third place, Juliet had it.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    FAIL, America, FAIL!

Silver lining ...
    1. At least it wasn't cheesy Tony.
    2. Now I can just FFWD the DVD to Chris' trio, and save myself 90 minutes.

vCash
    Wow this is complete and utter BS

EPIC America Failure again...
    Kyle

vCash
    He's going to sing I Believe I can Fly. I believe I am changing the channel.

vCash
    That is so funny. I guess Blake was right that Jermaine was the one to beat. I am very suprised. But, Juliet had one of her worst nights last night and Jermaine had one of his best. Tony turned his own fans off and I guess the Justins couldn't save him. IMO, last night Chris looked like a weak version of Josh Groban, so I'm not that surprised.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    FAIL, America, FAIL!

Silver lining ...
    1. At least it wasn't cheesy Tony.
    2. Now I can just FFWD to Chris' trio, and save myself 90 minutes.
    Don't do that. The outtakes are hysterical. Apart from the Beib, the music by all the contestants tonight was good.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    That is so funny. I guess Blake was right that Jermaine was the one to beat. I am very suprised. But, Juliet had one of her worst nights last night and Jermaine had one of his best. Tony turned his own fans off and I guess the Justins couldn't save him. IMO, last night Chris looked like a weak version of Josh Groban, so I'm not that surprised.
    Agree with all of the above. If Juliet had performed like she did last week I believe the outcome would have been different, but that's the way it goes.

vCash
    Christina forgot her pants again. Must be Beiber fever.

THANK YOU AMERICA - Lucca in 3rd. Katrina would be have been higher I think.

Wow! Jermaine won. I'm shocked. Guess I thought his win over Erin was a reflection on her small fan base, not his big one. Not upset with is win, he was a class act the whole way.

Poor Juliet - I thought she had that in the bag.

vCash
    I thought I was ok with anyone winning but I didn't expect this. I predict we will never hear from him again until next year's finale but it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And I enjoyed his song with the 3 other guys the most of all the performance tonight. Even James sounded good.

vCash
    Jermaine was never in the bottom in the audience voting, now that I think about it.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I didn't realize Jermaine is from NY. My local news station hasn't been this jubilant since Sarah Hughes won the OGM.

I think Juliet would have won if she hadn't been ill last night, so she didn't win over the casual viewers who didn't tune in until the final. Rotten timing!

Luckily, Cee-lo said he would sign Juliet if she didn't win, so I think she'll still be ok.

vCash
    I'm trying to figure out what kind of album Jermaine will make. The songs he did on the show don't give us a great indication.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    All four of last year's finalists got a contract. I suspect all 4 of this year's will as well. Their ultimate success depends on luck, getting a good song, getting an agressive agent, luck, and promotion. All are professional singers. The Voice has given them a face to the public. Jermaine seems like a really nice guy and I wish him success.

I wonder if Blake will take Jermaine on tour with him? I thought Soul Man was excellent and I could see Jermaine being a front act for Blake even if he goes the R&B route. Country is the new R&B. Lionel Ritchie is doing a country album so maybe Jermaine will follow that path.

vCash
    Good for Jermaine! I'm very happy for him. He's a very good singer and seems like a nice guy.

In a way, I think both Jermaine and Juliet are winners. Jermaine probably needed "the win" more. There's only so much his coach, Blake, could do to promote/help him in the future. Their music genres are just SO different.

OTOH, Ceelo already said he plans to continue working with Juliet and.. who knows? .... maybe with his help, she'll finally succeed this time (whereas she's failed with several record deals before).

So, huge kudos to them both. And ... Chris and Tony were great too. Hope they all do well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    All four of last year's finalists got a contract.
    Beverly didn't.

vCash
    This was NOT what I expected at ALL. Lyndsey Parker's blog will be a must-read, because she kept saying that the chances of Jermaine winning were so freaking low.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ugh. 2 years in a row that the most mainstream, least interesting performer (with admittedly a very good voice, compared to Javier's awesome excellent voice last year) won. I thought for sure Lucca would be in the top 2.

I really, really liked Chris' trio with Katrina and Lyndsey. It was a weird little arrangement but it worked, and Chris showed more personality than he has all season. Would love to see them tour together.

Jamar getting asked to 2 finalists' songs - not bad!

Jordis That was a terrible song choice, both for her and for Tony! It was painful hearing him not quite reach that higher "GO you own way" every single chorus

The Voice seems to have bought Beatles tunes in bulk this year, along with Adele's entire 21 album.

Purrfect for the win!

(((Juliet)))
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    WTF ??? Jermaine ??? Really ???

I thought Juliet had it in the bag really, she's THAT amazing. Sad for her

But Jermaine ? He's dull to me. I can't even remember one of his songs from this season. Still he's better than Tony MouseClub with a voice like ... well he doesn't have a particularly good voice, but his personality strikes me as interesting.

Ok why all the hate against Adam ? He wants to win, he did that last year, this year's Blake's turn to win. Both are amazing at coaching. Adam can be a little dicator but it works and it's interesting and not boring. Blake probably is the best coach of the lot.

Cee-Lo and Xtina are divas. Funny divas but divas still. Cee-Lo has learned a lot from last year's experience and it showed in how he produced his team this year.
    I didn't see anything new about how Xtina worked.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Beverly didn't.
    Yes, she did. She's just finished recording an album.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

Purrfect for the win!
    Purrfect was the star of the show, imo. I hope the cat has a multi-year contract.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast