Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    ^Well, Ksenia could keep it but Wikipedia is showing a new choreographer for her next FS with the program to be announced.

I finally got around to watching Polina Korobeynikova's programs and as good as they were I'm sure she'll be all new this year. Her Russian Dance SP was a nice surprise since I love Swan Lake. If anyone is interested Ulyana Lopatkina of the Kirov Ballet performed the Russian Dance recently --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJTNaZKbaYs

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan5 View Post
    ^Well, Ksenia could keep it but Wikipedia is showing a new choreographer for her next FS with the program to be announced.
    Ooh - looks like Averbuch will once again make a program for her. Based on his excellent work for Makarova's short program this past season, I have high expectations.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Ooh - looks like Averbuch will once again make a program for her. Based on his excellent work for Makarova's short program this past season, I have high expectations.
    I'm really excited about this. On the wiki-page there is a link to a little interview with Kesnia's coach and he confirms that Ilia will choreograph her LP for the upcoming sesaon:
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120426/593701494.html

And it looks like she will keep her SP. I'm really happy about it, because I loved it so much.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    And it looks like she will keep her SP.
    Now that is fantastic news.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

YEAH!
    vCash
    I cannot wait to see what Averbukh comes up with for the LP!

vCash
    Her SP was good.. I hope Ilia gives her a great LP and that she is able to stabilize her jumps. GO KSENIA!!!

vCash
    Her jumps at Skate Canada 2010 were her best ever 3T+3T, 3F,3Lz e , 3Lo , 3S+2T+2Lo,
    3S+2T , 2A. Can't find a 2A-3T attempted. That might be something to work on.

vCash
    I'm happy that Ksenia will keep her SP. The music is fantastic & she really seems to like skating to it.
    Maybe she will change the lay-out of it.

Quadless
    vCash
    At the very least she'll likely change the step sequence since they're changing the rule about one-footed footwork. (I can't remember specifically, but I think it is no longer going to count as a feature towards determining the level.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    At the very least she'll likely change the step sequence since they're changing the rule about one-footed footwork. (I can't remember specifically, but I think it is no longer going to count as a feature towards determining the level.)
    Stupid rule change - I loved her one-foot step sequences. When she was on at least on TV it looked so effortless and flowing.
    Hope we then at least get to see something of it during her exhibition numbers.

vCash
    I thought I should add here some info that has been published on the GPF 2012/13 thread:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=83705&page=2

Ksenia is supposed to skate in Japan and Canada at next season's GP Series.

vCash
    I decided to refresh this thread, as I'd like to publish a link of Ksenia's wonderful almost clean free skate at Russian Nationals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIJL_WLQfa0

Unfortunately she didn’t make the team, but she finally skated really well in the free. Here is a quote from here after the free skate:

Ksenia Makarova pulled up to eighth place (163.83) with a season best performance in which she was clearly determined to fight till the very end. ...

“I was not happy with my performance in the short,” said the student of Evgeni Rukavitsin. “I tried to let go of the disappointment, but truth to be told, I was rather angry today. I guess it helped me to skate better in the long. I was injured, but it is better now. Doctors tell me that the pain will disappear if I stop skating, but it won’t happen any time soon.”
    Maybe she should hire someone to make her really angry before every competition.

Looks like she is determined not to retire, but to move on. Hope she will fight back next season!

GO KSIUSHA!

vCash
    Thanks for bumping up the cheer thread. I'm very happy/proud for Ksenia, it's not always about winning medals, or placing well, she had an injury and a lackluster performance in the SP and came back in the LP. Go Ksenia!

I really enjoyed her programs this year too.

vCash
    I really enjoyed them too. I'm glad she can skate her LP almost clean, and she may still be sent at Worlds, we never know.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Thank you! I'm glad to have a nearly-clean copy of this beautiful program for my collection.

vCash
    Best wishes to Ksenia in her skating career, no matter what she decides to do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234