vCash

Jennifer Hudson family murder trial finally underway ... 3.5 years later

Poor Jennifer ... couldn't have been easy to have this linger so long. Murders in October 2008. Wonder what has taken so long to bring this to trial? It didn't seem complicated, as I recall/as reported when the arrest was made; but, maybe the case wasn't as cut n' dried as it was reported then? Certainly the media w/could have never overstated the evidence against the accused?

vCash
    My friend works at the courthouse and remarked about all the news media camped outside beginning last week.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Poor Jennifer ... couldn't have been easy to have this linger so long. Murders in October 2008. Wonder what has taken so long to bring this to trial?
    I can see it. State courts have very clogged dockets, and the economic downturn probably led to budget cuts, which drags things out even longer. Defendants have a constitutional right to a speedy trial, but the attorney probably asked for multiple continuances to put together a defense (and maybe delay the inevitable conviction).