Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Thanks so much for posting the interview. Very interesting to hear her thoughts and also about her injury. Her and Pasquale I think are going to be the next great dance coaching team. They have done a great job with our Australian dance team Dani and Greg who have improved so much over the last 12 months.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    http://www.pressball.by/news.php?t=0504&id=76528

- You say, Russian school, English school... And what style do you teach your athletes?

- Of course, Russian, as we were taught. Basics are all ours. I think it's ice dance perfection – edges, stroking, body carriage, beauty. Of course, I want to see it. And when I do not see it, I get angry. And the athletes understand.
    Thank you! Keep getting angry Anjelica, and passing on that wonderful knowledge.

vCash
    Thank you for the translation and I really love Krylova as a coach!

It is a bit sad that Krylova obviously loves Ice Dance but is currently disenchanted by the current scoring rules. Hope she can come up with a way to give her students programs that transcends just doing the elements and bring out the beauty she is looking for.

vCash
    Thanks for the translation. I really enjoyed reading this interview.

vCash
    But I really would like to see Russian ice dancers on top of the podium. And the sooner the better.
    I didn't realize Krylova was training Russian skaters. Oh, wait. I mean, really? She'd rather have Russian skaters win over her own skaters? And even if she ends up with a Russian couple, then P&R and W&P are gonna get gypped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I didn't realize Krylova was training Russian skaters. Oh, wait. I mean, really? She'd rather have Russian skaters win over her own skaters? And even if she ends up with a Russian couple, then P&R and W&P are gonna get gypped.
    That is rather presumptive isn't it to make that assumption?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Great interview. I love the Russian interviews...they all have a very particular vibe about them. The interviewers seem to ask the blunt questions and the answers seem so much more candid and revealing than other non Russian media outlets. Is that just me?

And Angelina IS gorgeous. She has an elegant beauty and such an interesting face, whenever the camera is on them my eyes go right to her!
    It's not just you. It's a cultural thing. Political correctness really isn't a Russian concept. Make mealy-mouthed answers and people will call BS on you to your face. Personally I love it.

Anjelika is perfect, and "I want beauty" is going to be my new catchphrase hehe.
    Touching the void.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Who are P&R?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    If you look at the whole interview and not just one sentence, she makes it very clear what she thinks Russian skaters used to bring to ice dance in terms of technique and "beauty". She thinks this is missing now and wants it to come back. And so do I.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Who are P&R?
    Péchalat/Rumbzat ?
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Péchalat/Rumbzat ?
    No Pechalat/Rourzat

vCash
    Péchalat/Rhumba maybe?

Back to the thread, Angelica actually liked B/S's FD ?

vCash
    ^ I liked B&S's FD too.

Watched some of her old performances after reading this interview and agree with some of it but not all of it.

I think their is still a great deal of development that needs to occur with CoP but I think that it is coming along. Like anything, it will take time. Mahler from V&M was a thing of beauty and that was in CoP. The potential is there... somehow I think that K&C will bring ice dance into that direction. I was worried that after V&M, D&W, I wouldn't have anyone to really cheer for but Weaver & Poje are absolutely amazing. I really look forward to the work they will do with them. I am also interested to see what P&B will be doing the next couple of seasons as well.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    That is rather presumptive isn't it to make that assumption?
    Why? There was major and when Zoueva said that Virtue/Moir were the most talented dancers and her favorites and what that meant for Davis/White. When someone says that they wish someone would bypass her own students, currently #3 and #4 in the world, to the top of the podium, I think those are grounds enough to raise the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    If you look at the whole interview and not just one sentence, she makes it very clear what she thinks Russian skaters used to bring to ice dance in terms of technique and "beauty". She thinks this is missing now and wants it to come back. And so do I.
    Like those qualities are now embodied by the current crop of Russian dancers? Like the current crop of Russian dancers with those qualities are being held back by the Shpilband/Zoeva cartel?

If she had said, "I'm trying to instill these qualities in my students, and the sooner skaters with these qualities get to the top of the podium, the better" rather than the sooner Russians get to the top of podium the better, then what you say would make sense. But she didn't.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 04-10-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Lovely interview, thanks so much for the translation. I love that Angelina is so focused on basics and on bringing what made RUssian ice dance of bygone days so good back to the ice.

vCash
    Anjelika is so beautiful. It's only natural for her to want beauty.

I loved K&O. I was so disappointed that they had to retire early due to Anjelika's injury.

vCash
    Seems like an open invitation to Bobrova and Soloviev! (thanks for the interview link!)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    May B/S RSVP "Yes".
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Like those qualities are now embodied by the current crop of Russian dancers? Like the current crop of Russian dancers with those qualities are being held back by the Shpilband/Zoeva cartel? .
    I said those qualities are "missing". Obviously, if the current crop of Russian ice dancers had them, they would not be missing.

Anjelika clearly says that for her V/M are the top team now. So I don't know how you are reading this as the Russians being held back by the Shpilband cartel.

However, I know that where figure skating is concerned, the word "Russian" rubs people the wrong way. So however PC she was, she cannot be right.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Why would she want the Russians to get to the top of the podium as quickly as possible if they don't embody the qualities she admires?

If they had those qualities, but they were being held down because the qualities that Spilband/Zoueva teams have are in fashion, that would be one thing, but why should couples who don't have them be any higher on the podium than 1. S/Z teams 2. Teams that she's trained that have absorbed at least some of these qualities?

That would be like me saying that the qualities I most admire in Ladies skating are shown by Suzuki and Kostner, but, damn, I wish Rachel Flatt would get to the top of the podium ASAP! Or Slutskaya and Leonova have the qualities I most admire in Ladies skating, but, damn, I wish Alissa Czisny would get to the top of the podium ASAP!
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 04-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast