Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,425
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Let's hope he does better with Viktor then Johhny did...


    My exact thoughts!!!!! I would like to know his reasoning in choosing Victor.



    Is Johnny training with Victor now?

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,084
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I wonder if a coaching change will help, as I´d suppose the problem is between his ears... At least he is trying to improve and that is something.
    Which begs the question: Is he working with a sport psychologist?

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    so unexpected
    but good luck, Brezina has improved already
    hope he transitions continually

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,457
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7091
    I hope he doesn't start skating empty programs like Weir did.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think this is a smart move. Michal needs consistency mostly, and the European style of training is not known for doing lots of run-throughs. So, I think coming to the US should help with that. I also think he could benefit from more strength and stamina, he always looks tired at the end of his programs and that's usually when he makes mistakes, plus he is very skinny, which idk if that helps make his jumps so good or not. I'd like to see him with better programs, his free programs for both this season and the last season were generic and below his potential. He deserves better. Hope this works out for him.

  6. #26
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,671
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I hope he doesn't start skating empty programs like Weir did.
    I love Brezina, but his programs could hardly be emptier.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I think this is a smart move. Michal needs consistency mostly, and the European style of training is not known for doing lots of run-throughs. So, I think coming to the US should help with that. I also think he could benefit from more strength and stamina, he always looks tired at the end of his programs and that's usually when he makes mistakes, plus he is very skinny, which idk if that helps make his jumps so good or not. I'd like to see him with better programs, his free programs for both this season and the last season were generic and below his potential. He deserves better. Hope this works out for him.
    Yeah but does Viktor trains his skaters in that same European style or is he completely Americanize as far as a coach goes?

    I'm not too confident but it is his choice and good luck to him, hope it works out

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I love Brezina, but his programs could hardly be emptier.
    This word. He needs transitions, costumes without silly vests, and better music choices! The weakness of his programs the past few seasons are likely the main reason he hasn't medaled at Worlds yet, moreso than his skating. I knew after the SP this year that Michal wouldn't hold on for a medal, because even at his best, that Untouchables program would be hard pressed to exceed 160.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,980
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Let's hope he does better with Viktor then Johhny did...
    First of all, Johnny was always trained by Zmievskaya, not Viktor. At best, he was always an assistant coach for him.

    Second, of course you're right, if finally winning a world medal, a couple more grand prix events, medalling at consequtive GPFs, making an Olympic team in one of the toughest fields and putting out great skates at the Olympics is what Michal has to look forward to, then he might as well turn around a go home now.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,084
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    This word. He needs transitions, costumes without silly vests, and better music choices! The weakness of his programs the past few seasons are likely the main reason he hasn't medaled at Worlds yet, moreso than his skating. I knew after the SP this year that Michal wouldn't hold on for a medal, because even at his best, that Untouchables program would be hard pressed to exceed 160.
    The SP he used for the last two seasons is a very good program.

    Yes, his frees could stand out more but they're at the level of many of his rivals.

    I would guess that the reason why the choreography isn't more complex in his frees is that he really struggles with consistency/stamina/both as it is.

    The reason might be mental, it might be to do with training. We don't know.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 04-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.

  11. #31
    garden freak
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    in a drift
    Posts
    1,801
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    600
    I really liked his short program too. Hope the change works for him.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    At least he'll have the comfort of never having to learn a new routine, year after year.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    663
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    WTF? He'll be training with Johnny? umm... fine... just PLEASE dont have Nina do his programs...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,172
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I actually don't think it's mental, more of a stamina thing. He always seems to lose steam at the end of the program and mess up the easier elements. Someone that is that consistent on triple axels (and has a decent hit rate on quads) doesn't seem worthy of the head-case moniker to me.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Elsewhere on the English language portions of www.michalbrezina.com:

    Will Březina break his potato’s damnation?


  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Surprised to hear this, but hopefully it works out. What other top skaters are training with Petrenko? I remember seeing him in the Kiss and Cry a few times, but i don't recall who he was with. I think we'll still get to see Karl's cool glasses though, since doesn't he coach Hausch and Wende?

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,084
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Surprised to hear this, but hopefully it works out. What other top skaters are training with Petrenko? I remember seeing him in the Kiss and Cry a few times, but i don't recall who he was with. I think we'll still get to see Karl's cool glasses though, since doesn't he coach Hausch and Wende?
    Natalia Popova trains with Viktor Petrenko and I think that's it as far as skaters competing at the highest level go?

    Karel Fajfr coaches Hausch/Wende yes. Also Gierok/Just.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,193
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Sounds like an FSU rep level!
    Yes!!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Partying with Oda
    Posts
    4,127
    vCash
    699
    Rep Power
    17018
    Okay, I give. How does one pronounce "Fajfr?"

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jani-Ayil
    Posts
    3,313
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Like "Pfeiffer." It's probably just a Czech transliteration of the German.

    Oh, and apparently Michal Březina didn't break his potato's damnation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •