Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleys6th View Post
    I would have done the same thing as those federal agent girls. It's not so often that you'd see elephants in the wild. I would have stopped knowing I was in last place. What's there to loose but to see wild elephants!
    Me too!

vCash
    It feels like it's been for-frickin-ever since we've had a new episode, so I was super glad for tonight's episode. The fact that it was in Africa was an added bonus. Every time they go there it makes me want to go back

Airport drama... different than the 'scheming' drama from the early seasons... this was just hilarious to watch I loved Rachel's faces with each insult Vanessa doled out. If I was traveling through Nairobi at that time I would have grabbed a seat and had myself a great afternoon watching all of that.

Jumping for 1 minute? I know it's at altitude, but if Pukey could make it through, everyone could.

I figured it was NEL once they had them constructing a tent in which they'd sleep in for the night. That looked like a super complicated set up.

vCash
    Thoughts:

-Airport drama wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
    -LadyGents STILL won't admit they are...you know LadyGents?? Come on!!
    -When Jamie told us her "I accidentally shot my leg and Nary was with me the whole time" story, I knew they were toast (and since they were my pick for this week, I almost panicked).
    -Detour: I'd choose Courtship ANY day. I'm very bouncy (some people say)...wait, that didn't come out right
    -I knew it was a non-elim as soon as they were told to build a tent
    -Mark's "Don't fart on me Bop" had me for a while. Still does
    -What else? Oh, Tanzania is gorgeous.

For next week: I wonder which team(s) will be double U-turned?? Brenchel Rachel said "shocker" in a sarcastic tone which could mean:
    a) THEY were U-turned by another team (which could be anyone, since they don't seem to get along with anyone), or
    b) they U-TURN another team...that team being Ralph and Vanessa (because they hate them).
    We'll see what happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Listening to the federal agents whine about how weak they are because they are just women is ridiculous. Do you not need any sort of physical training to be in law enforcement?
    To be fair, they never said they were "weak" and they didn't look weak. But, it did help to have both height and upper body strength in that task. And, realistically, most of the other teams did have at least one guy who had that advantage.

I'm glad it was a NEL leg because there are other teams I'd prefer to see go before the "teachers."

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I fecking hate Angel - she is just a vile person. Thank you TAR editors for giving me the schaudenfreude I so desperately needed with the endless bike crashes

Of course, I despise AJ and Whatsisname too, and there's two of them so maybe I hate them twice as much.

Pretty obvious this was going to be an NEL, so I'm kinda glad it wasn't Angel saved. But dayum the She-Feds make me I'm glad they stopped to watch the elephants though. What an incredible moment

I wish Mark and Bopper had had their shower together. It would have been nice to have a new team come in first.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I wish Mark and Bopper had had their shower together.

Change of subject: This was actually one of my favorite episodes in awhile. And I'm not even sure why!

vCash
    oh PML!!!! er, freudian slip?? :

seriously though, I DON'T have any desire to see that
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    oh PML!!!! er, freudian slip?? :
    About as good a Freudian slip as this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CObEIDSIKwU#t=40s

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Since we watched Dr. Gates' latest Genelogy series on PBS, and I'd missed fifteen minutes due to my sister and bil leaving after Easter Supper, I decided to catch tonight on HD in the rec room on Seattle CBS and...

So very glad I did. Tanzania is one drop dead gorgeous piece of this planet. Count another who would have also stopped to see the elephants. Good for them!! I also didn't get any "whining" from them when putting up the tent and shower. Just stating the obvious that due to the other teams all having at least one guy, they had a wee bit of an easier time of getting the thing up.

Still loving Mark and Bopper and the "Don't fart Bop!!" line nearly had me falling out of the chair I was LOL so hard. Loved them at the Courtship thing and they were just so into it, couldn't help but grin watching them. Also for someone who has Slavery just a couple of generations back in their Family History, I can't even imagine what being able to just go to any part of Africa period, would mean to that person. What a really special moment for the both of them.

Is it just me or does there seem to be more teams to not cheer for in the home stretch this go round than in previous Seasons past?

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I fecking hate Angel - she is just a vile person. Thank you TAR editors for giving me the schaudenfreude I so desperately needed with the endless bike crashes
    Angel? Is that Rachel or Vanessa?

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    The episode reminded me how amazing it was to be on safari in Kenya.

I got to jump with Masai, too- whee! Not fun a minute, but it was damn fun even if my jumping sucks.

I, too, figured it was non-elim when they were building tents. Was disappointed when Bopper and Mark didn't have the shower working because I'd have loved for them to come in first just once.

vCash
    I fecking hate Angel - she is just a vile person.
    Vanessa is one of my top 20 favorite all-time Racers. Her continual one-liners and Ralph's "gentle backhand" way of dealing with her drama make me LMAO despite myself. And, anyone making Red Rachel cry absolutely has my heart. Rachel's self pity and very weird combination of arrogance-overload and zero self-confidence is 30% fascinating ... and 70%

I'd really really like to thank Bopper & Pukey for their presence this season. Without their lightness and joy breaking up the sometimes heavy drama (also: thanks to the editors for expertly sprinkling in Kentucky's funny bits) ...

... the 2nd half of this season would be (everybody but LadyGents) and (LadyGents ... though they finally showed some promise with their joke about showering together).

vCash
    Beefy, we will never find common ground about Angel (sk8er1964: Angel = Vanessa. Ralph only calls her Angel, and not in a "pet name" way, so for the longest time I thought that was her real name). She certainly THINKS her one-liners are hilarious....I'm guessing she spends all her down time coming up with them and waiting to get to use them. I can't stand Rachel and the fact that this chick makes me side with and even agree with Rachel is more infuriating than just her (Angel's) smug face. But I still lurve you xoxo. And I agree with your assessment of Rachel.

LadyGents have been so underwhelming Silly to let the law enforcement lingo trip them up with the Keystone Kops, but how simple would it have been to say "my dad/brother/ex-boyfriend/husband/best friend is a cop and they talk about that stuff all the time"? Then again, extended bouts of little or no sleep don't make for the best thinking. Good for them for not letting Border Patrol drag them into the slagfest.

And what's up with BP being all "we just try to stay away from all that drama " at the bathmat after all their attempts to "stir the pot", as they put it?

We've had a couple of seasons where the teams were either all or mostly likeable, so I'm not sure if this season's teams are really bad, or we're just not used to seeing people that we want to fail.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    All because of a golf tournament at a club where only men can be members.

Okay, off my soapbox for now.
    Off topic, but having heard discussion on this for the past week, I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's not like their aren't any women's only clubs out there, or other clubs just for men, so why the focus on this one?

vCash
    I wish Mark and Bopper had had their shower together.
    I don't know if that will be the best laugh I'll have all week, but I'm sure it will be memorable for my co-workers.

My local CBS affiliate has had broadcast problems or something the last few weeks. The picture has been so terrible that it ruins my enjoyment of watching. I'm going to have to go online and watch so I can see re-live some of Kentucky's funnier moments and the big fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I don't know if that will be the best laugh I'll have all week, but I'm sure it will be memorable for my co-workers.
    Haha. genevieve being the one "wishing" for it makes it even better.

OTOH, I don't think that anyone, especially Bopper and Mark, would want to be witness to that scenario.

vCash
    I laughed at Vanessa's suggestion to Rachel that she needed a nose job before having her breasts done. Guess Rachel hasn't informed these folks of her breast enlargements the way she bragged on them on BB. I tho't this episode clearly showed what type of people Brenchel are & why they are disliked by so many.

vCash
    Normally people like "Angel" would irk me to no end, but I find her refreshing after listening to Rachel whine on and on. Usually, no matter how irritating I find a team, I can put that aside and cheer them on if they are good racers. I know Brenchel are good, but I just can't stop wishing for their elimination.

vCash
    Loved the Masai people.
    They seemed genuinely pleased to share their culture with the visitors.

I don't know who I'm rooting for.

vCash
    Every other season I'd be bitching about Vanessa & Ralph, but the way they can control Rachel's temper is way too beyond for me to hate them.

Brendan is such an assnozzle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast