Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Seriously, if I could choose one skater or team to secure with great performances in Sochi, it would be Brian. The guy needs one good Olympics before he retires. He deserves one good Olympics.

Also, I have to say I admire his will and perseverance. The Games might have beaten him, but they certainly haven't broken him. I sincerely wish him some more medals before he retires so he can leave with a good feeling about his career.

The post-Sochi retirements will kill me too. Dance without V/M and D/W, pairs without S/S will not be the same anymore. I got used to having these guys around to ensure us with great competitions. Also, the V/T possible retirement. We have had them for such a short period that it will be painful to see them go. Saying goodbye to Takahashi, Joubert, even Verner, to Mao and even Carolina will end a certain period, a skating era. I'm seriously not looking forward to spring 2014.

vCash
    [QUOTE=judgejudy27;3540801]
    Dance- Capellini & Lanotte.

I can't see C/L retiring they are still babies .They still need to mature on the ice .They definately haven't peaked and are improving .

vCash
    I don't think V/T will retire unless they at least win Worlds. If S/S win Worlds next year I think V/T will stay in after the Olympics either way - I have a feeling 1 world title won't be enough for them. But that is just a guess

Is Miki Ando coming back? I miss her.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I can't see C/L retiring they are still babies
    aren't they in their mid-twenties?

vCash
    Maybe Michelle Kwan will finally officially retire, now that she is Mrs. Obama's 'Let's Move' ambassador. She's at the Easter Egg Roll at the While House right NOW!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    >Ksenia Makarova ???
    Nah, I don't think she will retire. But now that Adelina and Liza are age eligible for Euros and Worlds next season and Julia the season after, I don't think Russia will be holding her up anymore. She has 2 grand prix assignments next season and I'm sure Russia will throw a couple of Senior B's her way........starting in a couple of days actually

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Nah, I don't think she will retire. But now that Adelina and Liza are age eligible for Euros and Worlds next season and Julia the season after, I don't think Russia will be holding her up anymore. She has 2 grand prix assignments next season and I'm sure Russia will throw a couple of Senior B's her way........starting in a couple of days actually
    thats what Im saying, she's done !
    she's been passed over for B Competitions, If she doesn't want to
    take the B Competitions give it to Biryukova or Polina K. and
    then she can retire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    thats what Im saying, she's done !
    she's been passed over for B Competitions, If she doesn't want to
    take the B Competitions give it to Biryukova or Polina K. and
    then she can retire
    Some suggested sending her to Morozov because then he can work his magic and make her a World medalist like Leonova and Miki.....or at least competitive. I guess people

Stick a fork in her, she's way overdone

vCash

Ksenia Makarova's not "done" competing internationally next season unless Russia prevents her from being invited to the 2 Senior Grand Prix competitions she's earned (under the current GP rules) for placing in the top 12 at Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Ksenia Makarova's not "done" competing internationally next season unless Russia prevents her from being invited to the 2 Senior Grand Prix competitions she's earned (under the current GP rules) for placing in the top 12 at Worlds.
    We know that We're talking Euros and Worlds. She has to find a way to become competitive with the incoming babies and she definitely needs a lutz and a flip to get out of Russia starting next season for Euros and Worlds. Otherwise yes, it's Senior B's for her plus her two grand prix assignment.

vCash

and if she keeps getting dismal results in GP next season will be her last GP events.
    she needs good results those upcomers are on her heels that what Im saying
    or else its hello B Competitions to her from now on.

in a few more seasons it will be too crowded with Leonova, Tukt, Adelina, Julia, Elena, Shelepen, Medvedeva, Polina K, Biryukova etc. for her to stay competitive provided if she can handle it.
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 04-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    I don't think the original poster intended this thread to be about "Skaters You'd Like to See Retire Because Some Fans Think Their Time is Up and They're Too Stupid to Realize It."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Chan had said he even thought of quitting after the 2010 season until he didnt do well at the Vancouver Olympics and saw how much he enjoyed the Olympic experience and then decided to continue. If he had won the 2009 Worlds and 2010 Olympics he probably would have stopped right then. He has also complained about having a hard time making enough money in the sport as an amateur. He has also talked about wanting to continue his education, not even neccessarily having a long career as a show skater. It would be shocking if he continued in eligible competition past 2014, especialy if he wins in Sochi as expected.
    That almost makes it sound llike the guy doesn't even enjoy skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wouldnt say that. Maybe just a guy who doesnt want to skate his whole life as there are other things to do in life, or sees no point in continuing eligible competition past the age when those who lead full careers almost always retire from the amateur world at the latest (mid 20s) when he has probably already won everything by then. Which makes total sense. Why on earth become another Fumie Suguri competing as a journeywomen/man as a shadow of your old self into your 30s, but in this case one unlike Fumie who had achieved all there is to do in the sport and has no reason for possible feelings of unfullfillment.

vCash
    I had no idea Iliuschechkina and Maisuradze had even broken up! A few weeks ago I was thinking about how it would be almost impossible for them to make the Sochi team for Russia, what with V/T, K/S, and B/L, not to mention Stolbova/Klimov, Gerboldt/Enbert, and that other good pair.. I forget their name lol.. who could potentially be ahead of them at Russian Nats in the coming years.
    Martiusheva/Rogonov?

vCash
    So he shouldn't have a life after skating? Like pursue his education which he has put on hold to focus on skating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I wouldnt say that. Maybe just a guy who doesnt want to skate his whole life as there are other things to do in life, or sees no point in continuing eligible competition past the age when those who lead full careers almost always retire from the amateur world at the latest (mid 20s) when he has probably already won everything by then. Which makes total sense. Why on earth become another Fumie Suguri competing as a journeywomen/man as a shadow of your old self into your 30s, but in this case one unlike Fumie who had achieved all there is to do in the sport and has no reason for possible feelings of unfullfillment.
    I was just joking..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Martiusheva/Rogonov?
    Yes, I think that was who I was thinking of.

vCash
    I don't think the original poster intended this thread to be about "Skaters You'd Like to See Retire Because Some Fans Think Their Time is Up and They're Too Stupid to Realize It."
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Best wishes to Amanda Evora who announced her retirement from competitive skating today - thread in GSD with a link to the USFS press release: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83271

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast