Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    If, and we don't know this yet, CBC drops Battle of the Blades, I wonder if CTV might pick it up. I'm pretty sure the show was developed independently of the CBC, so the only issue might be Ron Maclean and whatever contractual obligations he has to CBC. He's a great host, but anyone can be replaced.

vCash
    Update (new thread started in the Trash Can): Bold has been sold to Blue Ant Media
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Anything is possible since CBC network skating coverage was carried by Vision TV last season.

Ultimately, if they can sell commercials, then why not? For the most part CBC promos took up most of the commercial time on Bold.

Another thing to consider:

Since Bold was a CBC property at the time they won the Olympics bid, there is the potential that Bold _could_ broadcast CBC olympic content.

The reason I mention this is that during the 2012 games, adept viewers may have noticed that CITY-TV and CP24 did not show any Olympic coverage and, in fact, could only show still photographs during newscasts. This is because at the time the rights were aquired, neither CITY nor CP24 was a property of either Rogers or CTV.

So, who knows. Anything is possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123