Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Easter!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Marge - is it because he'll soon be moving to Rome? I thought there was a new job along with his "elevation" to Cardinal.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Happy Spring!

vCash
    Happy Easter! He is Risen!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Happy Easter to all, Srecan Uskrs! Hristos voskrese! No Serbian church here in OKC, so I'll be off to celebrate Episcopalian style this morning.

vCash
    Hapoy Easter! We had one person baptized at the Easter Vigil. It was great! She held her nose when the priest dunked her 3 times, and got a big, enthusiastic round of applause. He told us later, "She told me she was afraid I wouldn't hold onto her when she went under the water, and I said, 'Me, too!' " He went on to talk about holding onto one another and how of course God is the one holding onto all of us. It was all very sweet and touching.

vCash
    Alleluia!
    A joyous day indeed.

vCash
    Happy Easter everyone!

The deal with my family is that they come to Christmas and Easter service with me. The rest of the year, I'm okay going by myself.

So on Thursday, my husband and son join me at the church for the community dinner (it was the first time we had tried it out) and as we were eating, the minister sits down with us, and asks my 11-year-old if he'll join her and three other kids at the front of the church, before communion, and do a short reading.

Now, my son professes to be an atheist (and I respect that, he's got his own journey to take) but he can't refuse an offer to do some public speaking. So this morning, he'll be right up there in the front of the church. Close friends of ours who are also members of the church have no idea this will happen, and I can't wait to see their faces.

So far there have been no comments from my son about how he may be struck by lightning when he's up at the altar.

So my atheist son is actively participating in the Easter service. The Lord surely does work in wonderful and mysterious ways.
    With glowing hearts / Des plus brillants exploits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    So my atheist son is actively participating in the Easter service. The Lord surely does work in wonderful and mysterious ways.
    Yes, He does.

Happy Easter! He is risen!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Jojo, let us know what happens.

vCash
    Happy Easter to all FSUers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Hapoy Easter! We had one person baptized at the Easter Vigil. It was great! She held her nose when the priest dunked her 3 times, and got a big, enthusiastic round of applause. He told us later, "She told me she was afraid I wouldn't hold onto her when she went under the water, and I said, 'Me, too!' " He went on to talk about holding onto one another and how of course God is the one holding onto all of us. It was all very sweet and touching.

That's great!

My church will be having baptisms this afternoon at 3 pm. We have a pond on the back part of the property, and every Easter, there's a huge baptism service at the pond.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    So an update on Easter service and my son reading in front at church.

During the sermon, the kids (including my boy) are at Sunday school, and one elderly person at the service who has a history of strokes loses consciousness. So all during the sermon there's a flurry of activity in my section of the pews, and a few minutes later the minister announces that since an ambulance and fire truck are on their way, we're going to move straight to the final hymn and end the service.

My boy was philosophical about the missed opportunity. Since then, the minister has emailed him, asking him if he'd like to try again next Sunday. So he and his dad are coming to church with me next week as well.

PS: I'm told the person who was feeling unwell is better now.
    With glowing hearts / Des plus brillants exploits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12