Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Liptnitskaia, is she eligible for 2014 OWG?

She was born on June 5, 1998. I hope she's eligible to compete at Sochi. I also ask the same question for Elena Radionova.

vCash
    Yes, this has been answered ay times
    she made the cut off date by 25 days , she truns 15 years old
    before July 1, 2013

Radionova is too young and will wait until 2018 Olympics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Yes, this has been answered ay times
    she made the cut off date by 25 days , she truns 15 years old
    before July 1, 2013

Radionova is too young and will wait until 2018 Olympics
    Thank you very much for the reply. I knew this has been answered many times but the idiot me couldn't find it. Sorry!

vCash
    Yep she is and if she wins, she'd be the youngest of all time to win OWG in ladies singles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Yep she is and if she wins, she'd be the youngest of all time to win OWG in ladies singles
    No, I don't think she'd be the youngest. Lipinski won in February 1998 and turned 16 on June 10th, 1998. Lipnitskaia will turn 16 on June 5th, 2014, so Tara would still have her beat by 5 days as the youngest Olympic champion ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    No, I don't think she'd be the youngest. Lipinski won in February 1998 and turned 16 on June 10th, 1998. Lipnitskaia will turn 16 on June 5th, 2014, so Tara would still have her beat by 5 days as the youngest Olympic champion ever.
    it depends on the schedule of the events, it is possible because of the team event that the ladies event will take place slightly earlier, so there is a chance that lipnitskaya could still be the youngest champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    it depends on the schedule of the events, it is possible because of the team event that the ladies event will take place slightly earlier, so there is a chance that lipnitskaya could still be the youngest champion.
    That's true. Lipinski won her OGM on February 20th, 1998. So if Lipnitskaia makes the Russian Olympic team and then ends up winning the OGM on February 15th, 2014, she'll tie Tara as the youngest ever.

The dates of the Sochi Olympics are February 7-23, 2014. The ladies event is typically the last Tuesday (SP) and Thursday (FS) of the Games.

Also, I believe the team event is scheduled to be the first figure skating event of the Games.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Funny how the youngest and potential youngest have such similar names.

vCash
    To keep her name in the record books, Tara has been praying to St. Therese , petitioning Speedy to postpone the Ladies' LP, and secretly training US prodigy Gracie Gold on her 4loop-3loop combo.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 04-08-2012 at 12:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    To keep her name in the record books, Tara has been praying to St. Therese , petitioning Speedy to postpone the Ladies' LP, and secretly training US prodigy Gracie Gold on her 4loop-3loop combo.

vCash
    General rule: if they were old eonugh to compete on the JGP this season, they're old enough for the Olympics. If they were not old enough for the JGP this year, then they aren't old enough for the next Olympics.

It goes:

Year 1: JGP eligible.
    Year 2: GP eligible.
    Year 3: Worlds/Olympics eligible.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    This is one time when the rules worked in a 'Baby Skaterina's' favor. This is major. Julia may be able to nab her Olympic Gold Medal just before the Puberty Monster hits in full....same as Tara and Sarah.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    This is one time when the rules worked in a 'Baby Skaterina's' favor. This is major. Julia may be able to nab her Olympic Gold Medal just before the Puberty Monster hits in full....same as Tara and Sarah.
    but will they give it to her ?

if she wins at 15 years old, she could go the Tara Lipinski route and
    will just compete for another year to win a Worlds medal and then retire

vCash

"Give it" may not be the right words. How about "earn it"? She can earn it by racking-up so many points -- both tech and components -- as she has this past year. She has flexibility of Cohen in an even more balletic form (longer lines). She needs some more engagement with the music.

Assuming that Sotnikova and Tuk can maintain and improve their skills, Russia's 3 ladies in Sochi should be Sot, Tuk and Lip. Lip has already beaten Tuk at this year's Nationals.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash

Huh? How is that the Tara Lipinski route? Tara skated at the Hershey's cheesefest and said peace out Michelle and eligble skating. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    LOL!!!! I love it, and I'm a huge Tara fan, so thank you for making my day.

Lipnitskaia seems like she's on a roll, so you never know!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    "Give it" may not be the right words. How about "earn it"? She can earn it by racking-up so many points -- both tech and components -- as she has this past year. She has flexibility of Cohen in an even more balletic form (longer lines). She needs some more engagement with the music.

Assuming that Sotnikova and Tuk can maintain and improve their skills, Russia's 3 ladies in Sochi should be Sot, Tuk and Lip. Lip has already beaten Tuk at this year's Nationals.
    Those three would make an extremely strong Russian ladies team, if they survive puberty. They will have challengers from around the world though- Carolina (Italy), may be Gracie and Ashley (USA), Mao and may be Miki (Japan).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Funny how the youngest and potential youngest have such similar names.
    Lol! Never thought of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Those three would make an extremely strong Russian ladies team, if they survive puberty. They will have challengers from around the world though- Carolina (Italy), may be Gracie and Ashley (USA), Mao and may be Miki (Japan).
    Has Carolina said that she's in it for Sochi? I thought that she'd soon be retiring, having achieved her World gold, after so many tries.

The Japanese Nationals prior to Sochi will once again be a catfight - not only Miki and Mao but Akiko, Kanako and Satoko Miyahara, who is a real dynamo and did great in her Jr G-P events this past season. Miyahara has the potential to beat them all in a couple of years, IMO. [Age-eligible, I believe, as her b'day is 3-26-1998...will be 'almost 16' during the Sochi games....3 mos older than Lipnitskaia...IDEAL AGE-SITUATION for both Lip and Miya!]

I can't wait to see both Lip and Miya in their Sr G-Ps this coming season.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 04-11-2012 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    Yep Julia is my pick for Sochi, along with Hanyu... it is time the youngsters overthrow the old guards and cause some havoc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast